Valentime Review: A Promising New Site or a Waste of Time?
|Number of users
|Number of visits per month
|Male to female ratio
What’s Valentime? It’s a platform created for users who’d like to expand their social circles and don’t want to limit themselves to communication with people from their home country only.
Does it work like a dating site? Yes, it does. Can it work as a social media platform? Yes, as it combines some features of both Tinder and Instagram. However, the most important question is if it is worth using and paying for, and you’ll find the answer in our Valentime review.
👉🏻 Valentime is a new platform designed for cross-cultural communication, works for all categories of users, including singles, and is available worldwide.
Overall Valentime rating
|Ease of use
Valentime in 30 seconds
- A new website that’s supposed to work for all categories of users seeking cross-cultural communication
- Works like a dating website and a social media platform
- Users from all over the globe are accepted, and registration is completely free
- Most members use Valentime as a dating site and look for a romantic partner
- A freemium platform, free members can use multiple features except for messaging
- Women can reply to messages without paying
- All newcomers get bonuses to test the online dating platform
- No mobile app, but the website is mobile-optimized
Valentime for men
Valentime is one of the best online dating sites for men, especially if the high competition on other platforms bothers them. Here, the male-to-female ratio is nearly equal, which improves the chances for both ladies and gentlemen. However, male users are the ones who pay for communication on the site—they can’t use Valentime, at least its premium features, without buying and spending credits.
Valentime for women
The registration process is a bit more complex for ladies because they need to verify their accounts. Considering that men pay for messaging, the system seems fair enough—after all, women just spend more time setting up an account on Valentime.com. However, ladies don’t get such a serious advantage as on other dating sites—as we’ve noted previously, the gender ratio is almost equal.
Who is and isn’t Valentime for?
- International singles looking for cross-cultural communication
- People who consider starting a romantic relationship with a foreign partner
- Users looking for friends abroad
- Men looking for mail order brides only
- People who’d like to use a completely free online dating site
- Singles seeking nothing but casual encounters, FWB, and NSA
Pros & cons of using Valentime
- High activity rate compared to many dating sites in this market segment
- Free credits and discounts for all the members who join the community
- Many communication features besides just instant messaging
- Users are motivated to make their profiles more detailed
- Works not just like a dating website but also a social media site
- No free unlimited communication
- There still may be some fake profiles
- No video chat
Valentime overview: Things you should know
The Valentime dating website and the site for cross-cultural communication were launched less than a year ago. As a growing platform, it now has around 50 thousand monthly visits. The male-to-female ratio is now 57% to 43%, respectively. The largest age group on the site is the members aged 25-34 (over 23% of the total number of users), and the second-largest group is users aged 35-44 (19% of the total number of users).
- Site name: ,
- Paid or free: Paid dating site with some free features
- Average sign-up time: 5 minutes
- Paid membership pricing: From $0.15 to $0.40 per credit
Is Valentime free? As we’ve already noted previously, the Valentime dating site is rather a freemium platform, so all the features fall under the two main categories—those that both standard and premium members can use and those available only to premium members. We tested them all and are going to share this information with you.
As free members, we could do the following:
- Edit a profile. Members can change or add any information, upload photos and videos, and make their media public or private.
- View profiles and profile pictures of other users. Access to profiles is free and unlimited, and it’s a great thing as you can really learn a lot about people you can meet on Valentime. However, only premium users can watch videos and view photos in private albums.
- Send winks, favorite others, and use the Say Hello feature. It’s hard to say that free members can’t communicate at all. They can let others know they are interested in conversation and see how they react. The Say Hello feature is the best, as it lets you send an auto-generated message—a great tool for those who often don’t know how to start a dialogue.
- Using basic search filters and the People feature. Members can also find out how many people on the site meet their criteria, and that’s especially important for those who are interested in serious relationships, not just chatting and cross-cultural communication.
- Follow other users and view posts. That’s what makes Valentime work like a social media site, exactly. Regardless of what you are looking for, a serious relationship or new friends, it will be helpful as you can learn a lot about every single member from their profile.
- Contact the Valentime customer support team. It’s available 24/7 and provides good assistance—we had no complaints about their work.
It’s not just several dating sites that use the same scheme—most international online dating platforms work exactly like the Valentime website. You can join the site without spending real money, see who you can meet there, and find out how the system actually works. Also, you can test some features like Say Hello to see how many people will like you or send messages to you. However, if you want to have real conversations with others, you’ll need to upgrade your account.
Once you get some credits, you can do many more things on the site, namely:
- Start live chats. For us, that was definitely the most convenient and effective communication feature. And you can start live conversations right from a member’s profile.
- Send Mails. Mails are just an alternative for those who prefer to write long and meaningful emails rather than type short messages.
- Send virtual gifts. It’s absolutely optional, and we didn’t send many gifts as they aren’t cheap, but it can work for someone who’s met a very attractive member and wants to get their attention.
- Watch videos and view private photos. This also costs credits, so we’d recommend focusing on the best matches only, as there is enough information on every user that can be viewed for free.
- Exchange media. Members can also send photos and videos, special stickers, and, of course, emojis.
In many dating site reviews, the fact that premium services cost credits is the main complaint. However, for better or worse, that’s an incredibly wisely used scheme in the market, so we didn’t view it as a disadvantage. There are enough free features, as well as bonuses, that let you test some premium features, and you can control spending.
👉🏻 As for the set of features, as is, it’s even better than you can expect from a site that isn’t even promoted as a dating site. We’d say it has enough good features for a dating platform and an amazing set of features for the platform for cross-cultural communication. That’s why we give Valentime 8.7 points out of 10 for this particular parameter.
How much exactly do credit packages on Valentime cost? Now, the prices are as follows:
👉🏻 Valentime isn’t cheap, but as we’ve noted previously, that is the platform where you can control your spending. We also appreciate that there are prices for every paid action you may take next to every link and button, so everything is transparent. All in all, in our opinion, Valentime deserves 7 out of 10 points for its pricing policy.
Another important criterion is the profile quality, and it’s pretty high on Valentime. Most profiles are detailed enough, and here’s what you can see when you browse a random member’s page on the site:
- Story — a short self-description or anything that a user wants others to know
- Public and private gallery — usually, with at least 3-5 photos
- Profile video — if any, not all members add them
- Basic details — important information from interests and hobbies to marital status and purpose of using the site
- Posts — all the previous posts that a user has ever shared on Valentime
👉🏻 It’s really hard to find any fake profiles or even low-effort profiles on the site, so we give the platform 9.5 out of 10 points for the profile quality.
Ease of use
There’s a simple way to understand whether a dating site is user-friendly. If a beginner who’s never been using similar platforms before understands how the system works in less than half an hour, the usability is great. Valentime meets this criterion, and the design is good enough.
👉🏻 It’s minimalistic, and though there’s nothing extra special about it, it’s likely to work well for most users. Basically, that’s why we give the site 9 out of 10 points for this parameter.
So, is Valentime legit, or is Valentime a scam? It’s a legit site that’s only growing now, so a lot depends on what the company’s strategy will look like in the future. Still, we must admit it’s a versatile platform that can work for the largest categories of users, who have at least one thing in common. It’s the site where people from different parts of the world meet foreign friends and partners, so if that’s what you are looking for, too, maybe it’s worth giving it a try.
Valentime is a platform designed for people seeking cross-cultural communication. It can work as a dating site, a social media site, and a social networking site where people find new friends. There’s no specific region Valentime focuses on—members from all over the world are accepted.
It works like a regular international dating platform—every adult user can set up an account for free and get access to the profiles of other users. There are some free features that let you learn more about members and even contact them, but you’ll be able to start real conversations with others when you upgrade your membership. You can learn more about the site from our review.
It largely depends on how you use the site. On Valentime, members buy credits and spend money on different features like instant chatting or virtual gifts. The costs of credit packages range from $2.99 for 20 credits to $149.99 for 750 credits.
Go to the Credits section, which can be found right on the Main Menu, and click Get More Credits. Then choose the payment method and make a purchase.
Click on your profile photo, choose Settings, and then find the red Deactivate Profile button. Press it, choose the reason why you are leaving the site, and your account will be deleted.