Dating Chinese Women: Where & How to Meet Chinese Girls
Dating Chinese girls is undoubtedly a good idea—Chinese women make amazing long-term partners! They are beautiful, loyal, and very interesting to talk to.
Here, we’ll tell you everything you have to know about dating a Chinese girl—from some handy dating tips to a guide on bringing your Chinese lady to the US.
|🌇 Popular cities to meet Chinese women
|Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen
|💍 Average age of marriage
|25 years old
|❤️ Best Chinese women dating site
|👩❤️👨 How to win their heart
|Be serious, financially stable, and don’t hurry
What are Chinese women like?
Chinese ladies are different from Western women. If you’ve never dated outside a girl of another race or country before, you probably want to know more about the ladies from China—here, you’ll find the top 5 facts about them.
- They are exotic and beautiful—it’s the combination of several factors such as their natural beauty, diets, and makeup skills that make them look gorgeous 24/7. Another cool thing about their appearance is that Chinese women are often said to look much younger than they really are. Just visit any Chinese dating site, take a look at women in their 40s, and you’ll understand what we’re talking about.
- Asian girls are pretty family-centered and Chinese girls are not an exception. The traditional Confucian Chinese culture has strict doctrines regarding female family roles. Even though the concept of “Three obedience” (daughters to fathers, wives to husbands, widows to sons) is pretty outdated in 2024, these women are still more passive and obedient than modern Western ladies.
- Many Chinese women (the absolute majority of those you’ll meet on the dating sites) are focused on a serious relationship. The concept of a one-night stand exists in China, but it’s not common at all.
- They are caring, loving, and protective. If you treat your Chinese girlfriend well, she’ll be the most caring person in the world!
- Despite the fact they’re family-centered and traditional, they are also very hard-working and financially independent.
That’s not all you need to know about Chinese women. For example, what does it actually mean when we say they’re hard-working? Or, at what age do beautiful Chinese women start thinking about marriage? Let’s talk about statistics.
5 Interesting Facts about Chinese women
- They are not limited to 1 child only. In 2016, China allowed two children per family. Today, married couples in China are allowed to have 3 children. However, this doesn’t mean every Chinese woman wants to have 3 or more children—the TFR (total fertility rate) in this country is only 1.7, which is just a bit higher than in the United States.
- Chinese ladies typically get married earlier than women from Western countries (United States, the UK, etc.). The average age of Chinese women at the first marriage is 25.4 years old—it’s higher than in most Southeast Asian countries where early marriages are still extremely common. At the same time, women from developed East Asian countries (Japan and South Korea) typically get married later than Chinese women.
- The same is about having kids—the mean age of childbearing in China is 27.6 years old, which is higher than in most Southeast Asian countries and lower than in Japan and South Korea. Interestingly, the age of childbearing is falling in China, unlike in most developed countries.
- Chinese ladies are among the most hard-working women in the world—we said it before, but here, we can back our statement with numbers. Thus, more than 61% of Chinese women older than 15 participate in the labor force—it’s even higher than in the United States, where this number is only 55%.
- China has a high divorce rate, and the number of divorces is increasing pretty fast. According to some sources, it’s about economic development and increasing income—Chinese women become more and more financially independent, so they do not have to stay in a relationship they are not happy with.
How to meet a Chinese woman?
There are two ways you can go: you can meet Chinese women online, or you can do it offline. Let’s talk about the latter option first.
It’s as easy as it sounds, actually—you’ll need to book a flight to China and start approaching the girls on the streets of the city, in nightclubs, or other places. If you’re a good-looking Westerner who is good at approaching women on the streets of your city, your chances of dating Chinese girls using this method are not that low.
There are two problems, however—the cost and the language barrier.
- First of all, the tickets from the US to China will cost you at least $1,600, and a 1-week trip to this country will cost around $500-$1,000.
- Second, although many Chinese girls learn English at school, they are not that good when it comes to spoken English, especially in stressful situations.
You’ll need to approach many of them to find a Chinese girl who speaks English fluently. And even if you’re lucky enough, there is no guarantee you’ll find a woman who will be both open to a new relationship and interested in dating a foreigner. With all this in mind, offline dating is certainly not the method we’d like to recommend.
What we’d like to recommend is online dating.
It’s extremely convenient—you don’t even need to leave your home to start dating a Chinese girl. It’s pretty cheap—most dating sites with Chinese singles cost around $100-$200 per month. And it’s much more efficient—these sites are full of Chinese brides and girls interested in meeting foreign men, which increases your chances of finding a partner compared to approaching ladies on the streets of China’s big cities.
Process of dating Chinese woman online: All you need to know
What does the process of dating a Chinese girl look like? What steps do you need to take to meet a Chinese woman online and offline? Here’s a guide for you.
It’s very important to choose a reliable dating platform—unfortunately, there are lots of dating services with a bad reputation and lots of fake profiles. It’s obvious that you’ll have to read all the reviews and test a lot of Chinese dating platforms to find the right one. Pay special attention to the site’s reputation before you start using it—if there are many negative reviews, find another option.
There are more men than women on Chinese dating websites, but it doesn’t mean your profile should be boring or empty. The better your dating profile looks, the more attention you’ll get, and consequently, the more messages you’ll receive from beautiful Chinese girls. Upload your best photos and write an interesting profile bio to attract more ladies.
Typically, the search filters are free to use on most Chinese dating platforms—in most cases, it’s fee-based messaging tools. This means you’ll be able to search for Chinese women and browse their profiles without credits/premium subscriptions on most dating sites. To start chatting with them, you’ll have to buy credits or a premium subscription, though.
Even today, the concept of one-night stands or casual relationships isn’t that common in China. What’s more, most women using international dating services are focused on serious relationships. It’s not that all of them are searching for a husband, of course, but most of them surely want to find a long-term partner. If you have serious intentions, your chances of finding a partner online are much higher than if you’re searching for a hookup.
If you’re only searching for an online relationship, you can skip this step. However, suppose you are planning to meet your girlfriend in person. In that case, we recommend not wasting time—according to our experience and the experience of dating sites’ users, if a woman doesn’t want to meet you in person for 2, 3, or more months, the relationship with her will most likely lead to nothing. 2-3 months is long enough to start thinking about a real-life date.
Do’s and don’ts of dating woman from China
Want to know more about dating Chinese women? The tips below will help you succeed on a date with your Chinese girlfriend.
- ✅ Learn Chinese. It’s not that you have to become a fluent Chinese speaker, of course. This might take years, and that’s not what you need. You need to learn the basics and some phrases to surprise Chinese ladies on dates—Chinese women love it when a foreigner can say at least something in Mandarin.
- ✅ Have serious intentions. As we said, most Chinese girls who use online dating platforms focus on serious relationships. Be ready for an exclusive relationship if you’re interested in dating a Chinese girl!
- ✅ Show that you’re financially stable. Chinese girls are not gold diggers, obviously, but their society is pretty traditional, and they think a man must be able to provide for the family.
- ✅ Buy her a gift. We are not talking about something expensive here—a bouquet will also work great. By the way, most Chinese dating websites have a gift delivery service so you can buy a gift for your girlfriend even before you meet her in person.
- ❌ Don’t wait for too long before proposing to her. Chinese girls are very marriage-minded, and they usually get married quite early, so dating for 3-5 years before a proposal is not the most common situation in this country.
- ❌ Don’t wait for her to take initiative. A Chinese woman expects a man to lead the relationship and take the initiative. If a man is not going to do it, she might think he lacks confidence.
- ❌ Don’t try to kiss her on the very first date. That’s not how it works in Chinese dating etiquette, so you’ll have to wait for 2-3 dates.
- ❌ Don’t offer to split the bill. This is totally okay in the US and Europe, but that’s not how it works in China—in this country, it’s always a man who pays for the date.
How to bring your Chinese girlfriend to the US?
It’s 100% legal to bring a Chinese woman to the US. Most Americans who marry Chinese girls bring them to the US on a K-1 (fiance(e)) visa. Here’s a short guide on getting a K-1 visa for your Chinese bride.
- File form I-129F—it’s the petition for a foreign fiance. You need to be a US citizen, not a permanent resident. The filing fee for this Form is $535, and the processing time is typically around 6-12 months.
- When Form-I129F is approved, file Form DS-160—this is the actual visa application. The DS-160 fee is $160, and the application is valid for 30 days.
- After that, your girlfriend/bride will need to attend her visa interview.
- If everything is ok, you’ll have to pay the K-1 visa fee ($265); after that, she’ll be able to enter the US.
- You’ll need to marry her within 90 days of her arrival—if you don’t marry her within 90 days, she will lose her K-1 status.
There are lots of options, actually—your Chinese lady can enter the US on a CR-1 visa if you got married before the visa application. Or, she can enter the country on a B-2 visa if you are not going to get married yet. But still, the most common type of visa for foreign partners is the K-1 visa.
“I love the fact that it’s extremely easy to date a Chinese girl for a Western man today. Basically, you only need to find a dating site and create an attractive profile to start chatting with beautiful local girls. Just choose the right dating platform, and you’ll easily find thousands of real single Chinese women interested in Western guys.”
The most frequently asked question about dating Chinese women
What is the best Chinese women dating website?
There are many dating platforms where Western men can meet Chinese wives and girlfriends. The best one is certainly SakuraDate—this dating site has everything you need, from a convenient instant messaging tool and fast registration to thousands of high-quality profiles.
How to tell if a Chinese woman really loves you?
Chinese women often have problems with verbal expressions of affection—instead, they prefer cuddling or holding hands. All the other signs are typical—if she wants to introduce you to her family, tells you about her plans, cares about your looks, and laughs at your jokes, she surely likes you.
What to expect when marrying a Chinese woman?
Although the role of a woman in Chinese society is changing dramatically, it’s still pretty traditional. A Chinese wife is typically a very loyal, caring, and family-oriented partner who supports her husband and her family no matter what.