Czech Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites To Find A Wife From Czechia
The Czech Republic is not the first country that comes to mind when one thinks of international dating and mail order brides. However, Czech Republic brides are definitely worth it—they are incredibly beautiful, pretty traditional (like all the Slavs, basically), loyal, and very open-minded. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about Czech ladies, but first, read this short interview with a real bride from Prague!
Interview with Czech mail order bride
Who are you?
I’m Daria, 23 years old. I live in Prague, and I’m an artist, designer, and entrepreneur. Well, I sell custom T-shirts with my own design, but it’s not a very large business. :)
Why did you become a mail order bride?
I just wanted to try it because, as they say, men from Western countries make better husbands than men from Eastern European countries. So I just wanted to make sure whether it’s true or not, you know. I’m interested in a serious relationship, and it’s easier for me to find a Western man with serious intentions than a Czech man of my age who would be marriage-minded.
How did you choose the dating site?
Oh, I did a lot of research, actually. I know there are lots of fake sites and websites where they can steal your money, and that’s not what I wanted, obviously. I read dozens of reviews and asked some Czech ladies on Facebook (there are many groups for Czech mail order brides there). After all, it came down to BravoDate and another site, LuckyDate, or something like that.
Why do you want a foreign husband?
Because they are more serious than the guys from my country—most Westerners searching for Czech wives are in their 40s or older, and most of them are interested in serious relationships. I want to find a husband, a man who would be interested in building a family. That’s why I’m interested in a guy from the US, Britain, or whatever.
Have you already communicated with Western men on dating sites?
Yes. I’ve been chatting with 2 American men for 3 months, and I’ll probably meet one of them quite soon. Oh, and earlier, I met that one man from London who said she was interested in Slavic girls. However, our views on a relationship were quite different, so it didn’t work for us.
What do you like and don’t like about Western men?
So, what I like is… As I’ve said, it’s all about their serious intentions—on mail order brides sites, most men are marriage-minded and really interested in a long-term relationship. I also like that they are polite, well-mannered, and really romantic—the guy I chatted with for 2 weeks ordered me a bouquet and it wasn’t even Valentine’s Day!
As for things I don’t like, well… I’m not the most experienced “Czech bride” in the world, you need to understand that. But from my experience, I really don’t like it when Westerners have wrong expectations about Czech Republic brides. It’s not that any Czech girl dreams of being a traditional stay-at-home wife and mother—that’s not how it works in 2023! We are probably more “conservative” than American girls, yeah, but you shouldn’t expect Czech women to be, you know, “too” family-oriented.
People often worry about scams and fakes on dating sites. Is using mail order bride sites safe, in your opinion?
I heard about several American guys who lost money to scammers who pretended to be Czech girls. But it’s safe, generally. Well, only if you do it smart, of course. Like, don’t send money to other people, don’t use suspicious websites, and don’t buy it if a Czech bride who has never met you IRL says she’s in love after a few messages. Besides, always read the reviews of the sites, that’s the #1 thing to do.
Daria, can you help singles from the US understand Czech women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Czech woman, please
Aside from all those standard things like “look your best” or “show respect,” right? Well, first, don’t rush. Just be calm and don’t hurry with Czech girls, please. Rushing through the relationship, or even worse, pressuring Czech women into rushing through it, that’s not how it works with us. You should never pressure us, take your time, and give us time to get to know you better. We may look cold at first, but then you’ll understand we are really the warmest women in the whole world!
And the second “dating rule” is to be a gentleman. The dating etiquette in my country is probably a bit more old-fashioned than in the United States: we appreciate it when a man is confident, we love it when a man says compliments, and we really enjoy it when men give us flowers, bring gifts, or do other “classic” dating things, you know.
I can’t safely say these rules will work for 100% of Czech mail order wives, of course. We’re all different and unique, and so on. But for the majority of Czech brides, I think, yes, these two things are important.
Daria knows a lot about Czech brides, which is not a surprise, of course. The main things to know about Czech ladies are that they are typically interested in serious relationships when they sign up on international dating websites—not 100% of them, of course, but most of them are. When it comes to women from the Czech Republic, the rules are simple: according to Daria, you just need to be a gentleman, show respect, and not rush with them if you want to impress Czech women.
Facts about marriages with Czech mail order brides
- There are 2 divorces per 1,000 people in the Czech Republic, which are actually lower than in most Slavic countries (well-known for their extremely high divorce rates, so it’s not surprising) and the United States.
- Czech brides get married later than most women from other European countries—for Czech women, the age at first marriage is 30 years old, and it’s slowly increasing. It’s also the highest average age at first marriage among Slavic countries—typically, Eastern European ladies get married much earlier.
- The mean (not average) age of Czech women at the birth of the first child is constantly increasing, as well—in 2019, it was 28.5 years old, while 10 years ago, in 2009, it was around 27.4 years old.
- Although Czech wives are pretty traditional and these ladies are truly family-centered, they don’t have a lot of children in the Czech Republic. The total fertility rate in this country is pretty similar to that of the United States (1.6 vs 1.7 children per 1 woman). By the way, the fertility rate in the Czech Republic is the highest among Slavic countries. What’s more, if you compare the TFR in this country to other European states, you’ll see that it’s only higher in France and Montenegro.
- Czech brides are very well-educated. Thus, in the Czech Republic, the share of women among general upper secondary graduates is 60%, which is 5% higher than the OECD average (EU, USA, Australia, Japan, Korea).
So, here are the TOP-5 Czech dating sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a Czech bride cost?
You can not “buy” a Czech mail order bride, and it’s the #1 thing you need to understand here. The whole process is like online dating, actually: you chat with Czech women online, meet them in person, propose to the girl you like most, and bring her to the United States. So that’s how it works. Now, let’s be more detailed.
First of all, most dating websites with Czech brides are not free to use. Let’s take a look at how much these costs and take BravoDate, the site our interviewee, Daria, is currently using. It’s one of the most popular Czech brides dating sites right now, so the chances are quite high that you’ll choose this platform, too.
So, this site has a credit system—you buy credits first and then exchange them for chatting with Czech brides. Here are the credit packages available:
- 20 credits – $10 ($3 for new users)
- 50 credits – $20
- 125 credits – $45
- 250 credits – $70
- 750 credits – $150
Here’s how much you’ll pay for various messaging services:
- Live chat—2 credits/minute
- Sending 1 email—10/30 credits (10 for the first one, 30 for all the following ones)
- Opening videos sent to you—50 credits/video
Most users spend around $100-$200 per month chatting with Czech brides, but it depends on you—you can either save money or spend more than that if you’re going to spend a lot of time chatting.
But it’s not about dating sites only. Here’s how much you’ll have to pay to meet Czech brides online, marry one of them, and bring her to the United States.
- Tickets from NYC to Prague—$700-$1,200, depending on the season (December is the most expensive month)
- Hotel room—$60-120 per day ($840-1700 for 2 weeks)
- Transportation—$8 per day ($110 for 2 weeks)
- Food—$23 per day ($320 for 2 weeks)
- Entertainment—$15 per day per person ($420 for 2 weeks, 2 people)
- K-1 visa—around $2,050 (K-1 visa + green card fee)
If you want to try another dating platform with Czech brides, the assortment is pretty wide. Thus, there are sites like TheLuckyDate and UkraineBride4You—they are incredibly reputable, have many positive reviews, and have thousands of real Czech women. Plus, registration is free.
🇨🇿 Find Czech Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get Czech mail order bride
Now, let’s talk about how to get a Czech girl online. What do you need to do to start chatting with them, and how to stand out from the crowd when it comes to online dating? Here’s a guide for you.
- First, choose a trusted website with Czech women. If you don’t, your dating experience will be far from perfect—you surely don’t want to use a dating site with lots of fake profiles and scammers, right?
- Use all the welcome bonuses offered by a dating app. Sometimes, the apps provide free credits or huge discounts for new members. All these bonuses will help you test the site without paying too much right away.
- Upload your best photos. Czech women are not that looks-focused, to be fair, but it’s online dating, so your profile photos are your first impression, which is extremely important. Of course, professional photos will work perfectly, but if you don’t have them, don’t worry: smiling photos, full-body pictures, and photos that tell a story about your personality/hobbies/interests will work great, too.
- Write an interesting profile description. It’s as important as your photos, actually, so you should write a catchy description/bio that would tell a story about yourself. But it shouldn’t be boring, either.
- Buy a premium membership or credits even if it’s not required. Premium profiles get more attention from Czech mail order brides, that’s how online dating websites work.
- Chat with Czech brides. If you want to impress a Czech lady, don’t be rude, don’t be too conservative, show that you’re a romantic person, and be respectful. And, as Daria said in the interview, be a gentleman. That’s how you attract and impress Czech women for marriage online.
- Meet that Czech woman you’re chatting with in person. Of course, chatting with them is interesting, too, but if you’re interested in finding a real Czech mail order wife, go offline.
These simple tips are very effective, so you shouldn’t neglect them.
Success stories with Czech mail order brides
These two met on TheLuckyDate in 2019. Walter was searching for Slavic women there, and Karolina (22, Prague, a student) wanted to make sure if American men were really as sweet and romantic as her friends said. Walter impressed her immediately during their first conversations: she says she has never met a guy so caring and respectful in her entire life! They first met in person in 2020, and despite the pandemic travel restrictions, they made it to another level—in 2021, they got married.
Natalie, a 25-year-old nurse from Ostrava, met Paul on UkraineBride4You, a dating site for American men and Slavic girls. Paul (he was 48 in 2021 when they first met) was going to meet Czech women because he thought they were incredibly traditional and, as he says, a “perfect wife material.” Well, Natalia is exactly what Paul was looking for—a family-centered girl with pretty traditional views. Paul had to meet her parents after their 2nd date in order to get their approval! 1 year later, in 2021, Natalie got her visa and moved to Paul’s home in Tampa, Florida.
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. You can chat with single Czech women online, meet them in person, and date them without any legal problems. You can also marry a Czech woman, and what’s more, you can bring your Czech wife/bride to the United States legally. In the next paragraph, this subject will be covered in more detail.
How to bring a Czech wife to the USA?
The Czech Republic isn’t the most popular country when it comes to international marriages. In 2021, for example, there were only 29 K-1 visa holders from this country, which means only 29 Czechs moved to the US and got married to American citizens there. But if you’re really interested in Czech women for marriage, you need to understand how it works.
So, the K-1 visa is a fiancé(e) visa for foreign citizens who want to marry their US partners. This means that if you date a Czech woman and propose to her, she’ll have to get her K-1 visa first—only after that she’ll be able to enter the US and get married to you. Here’s a short step-by-step guide on getting this visa.
- First, you file the Petition for Alien Fiancee (Form I-129F). You can do it in the United States only.
- Then, when USCIS approves the petition, it’s sent to the NVC (the National Visa Center).
- After that, your Czech bride will have to file Form DS-160 (visa application) and visit the visa interview.
- When it’s done, your bride will get her visa.
After all that, she’ll have 6 months to travel to the US, and you will have to marry within 90 days of her arrival in the country.
How to avoid Czech mail order bride scams?
There’s something else you need to be aware of when it comes to dating Czech brides online: online dating scammers. Here are the three most common scams you have to know about before you even start chatting with Czech girls.
- Blackmail. First, you send some photos or videos to that hot Czech girl (she probably sends something to you, too). The next step is: she asks you to send her money because if you don’t, these photos and videos will be published or sent to your Facebook friends. That’s how online blackmail works, and many people have unfortunately suffered from it.
- Fake Czech brides websites. They may look like real dating platforms with real Czech brides, but in fact, they have no real Czech women: only fake profiles created by the website team. They won’t try to steal your money directly. Instead, they’ll make you think you’re chatting with real Czech mail order brides and pay for it until you realize something is wrong.
- Scammers who pretend to be Czech women. You chat with a beautiful Czech bride, and then she comes up with a story about her problems. To solve these problems, she wants you to send her $100, $500, or $1,000 (they usually start with small amounts). Obviously, if a “Czech lady” wants you to send her money, it’s 100% a scammer.
Here’s a piece of good news for you: minimizing your chances of getting scammed is not that difficult, actually. You just need to choose a trusted and verified dating website with Czech Republic brides. In this case, you’ll be able to chat with thousands of real Czech women, not fake profiles and scammers. And use your common sense, too—don’t send money to “Czech ladies” you meet online, don’t reveal your financial information, etc.