Dating Swedish Women: Step-by-Step Guide on How to Date Women from Sweden
Want to know more about some prominent Swedish woman personality traits? Here, we’ll tell you everything about Swedish woman traits, their character, appearance, and their views. You’ll also find several guides and dating tips here—all this information will make it easier for you to understand Swedish girls better!
|Popular cities to meet Swedish women||Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, Uppsala|
|Average age of marriage||34.5 years old|
|Best dating site||TheLuckyDate|
|How to win their hearts||Respect her private space, expect her to be a feminist, be confident, have fun|
🇸🇪 3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Swedish Women
🇸🇪 Find Swedish Single Women
What are Swedish women like?
What are the top things to know when dating a Swedish woman? Here, we’ll talk about some of the Swedish woman characteristics you need to be aware of.
- Swedish women are incredibly attractive. Blonde ladies with perfect bodies and an awesome sense of style—they do really look like all those pictures that come to your mind when you think of hot Swedish ladies.
- They are very fun and open-minded. More excitingly, they have no prejudice against casual relationships or relationships with foreigners. This makes them a perfect choice for international dating.
- They are educated and intelligent. We’ll cover this in the next paragraph, but here’s what you need to know: Swedish women are very well-educated which makes them incredibly interesting to communicate with.
- Swedish women are very calm and non-conflicting. This doesn’t mean they will always agree with you, though—but a typical Swedish girl is much calmer and less emotional when it comes to arguments than, say, South American or South European ladies.
5 interesting facts about Swedish women
- Swedish society is mostly about gender equality. Swedes have 480 days of parental leave, they have no problems balancing career and family life, and almost 50% of the Swedish parliament are women!
- Swedish women are very well-educated. There are 234,000 female students in higher education while the number of male students is much lower (149,000) and the general number of women participating in education in this country is higher than the number of men participating in it.
- Although they are incredibly educated, they are not as hard-working as some might think. The female participation in the labor force in Sweden is 47.18% which is only slightly higher than that of the US. In most developed Western countries, women typically participate in the labor force more.
- They speak English perfectly. In fact, Sweden was ranked as the #1 country with the best non-native English speakers 4 times during the last 10 years, and Stockholm is in the top 3 foreign cities when it comes to English proficiency. Around 89% of Swedes speak English quite well, and the percentage is even higher when it comes to younger ladies in their 20s and 30s.
- The women from this country get married much later than other Western ladies. The average age of Swedish women at the first marriage is 34.5 years old—in the United States, for example, it’s 28 years old!
- The same is about having kids. In 2019, for example, the average age at which Sweden women give birth to their first child was 29.75 years, and it’s constantly increasing.
How to meet a Swedish woman?
You can meet Swedish girls online and you can meet them offline, it’s up to you. Here, we’ll explain which option is more convenient and affordable.
A 1-week trip to Stockholm will cost you around $1,400 (not including the flight). This may not sound too expensive, but here’s the thing: no one can guarantee that you’ll find a girl who would be interested in a relationship this way. If you’re a good-looking guy who knows how to approach women, you’ll most likely find a one-night stand there easily, but the relationship? Probably not. So the question is: are you going to spend at least $2,000 and a week of your time to find a hookup in Sweden? Because unfortunately, that’s all you can expect at this point. If you’re going to find a serious relationship in Sweden offline, you’ll need to spend much more time there, which means relocating and lots of problems related to this.
The problems of online dating are clear, too: it’s more difficult to know if there’s any chemistry when dating people online, and the number of romance scammers is obviously higher on a dating site than in a club somewhere in Stockholm or Malmo. However, the advantages of this method are obvious, as well:
- Online dating is cheaper—$150-$200 per month vs. $1,400 for a 1-week trip to Stockholm.
- Online dating is more convenient—you don’t need to go anywhere, you just choose a dating platform with Swedish women, sign up on it, create an attractive profile, and it’s done.
- It’s also more effective—there are tens of thousands of Swedish women who are genuinely interested in meeting a Western man on dating sites.
So, if going online is a great way, how to start, and what to know about it?
Process of dating Swedish woman online: All you need to know
Want to know more about Swedish women dating? Continue reading then. Here, you’ll find a guide on how to date Swedish women, from choosing a dating site to meeting them in person.
It’s actually the most important thing to do. If you start using a dating platform without a good reputation or with lots of fake profiles, you’ll never get a high-quality online dating experience. So read all the reviews, always test the dating sites, and pay special attention to the quality of the female profiles on the dating platforms. Google their photos, chat with them to analyze if they are real people, etc.
The absolute majority of the dating platforms with Swedish girls are not free to use. This doesn’t mean you need to pay right away, though. Most dating platforms offer a certain kind of welcome bonus, e.g., free credits or discounts. We highly recommend using all these bonuses—that’s how you’ll save money and test the sites without paying anything.
Typically, it’s about live chat and an email tool, but not all Swedish dating sites offer only 2 messaging tools. Some of them offer a video chat tool or a voice call feature; others allow users to exchange voice messages, and although these features are typically slightly more expensive than a live chat, they are certainly worth paying for. When it comes to long-distance dating, the rules are simple: the more messaging tools you can use, the better.
An empty profile without high-quality photos can attract other people, too—but only if we’re talking about fake profiles and scammers. Real Swedish girls, in turn, would prefer to chat with someone who has at least several photos and a detailed profile description. That’s why we don’t recommend skipping this step, but it’s not only about views and messages: if your profile is detailed, the chances are higher that you’ll find a perfect match according to your requirements.
Don’t waste your time chatting for years without any real-life dates, please. It’s up to you, of course, but according to our experience, people typically meet at least once in the first 4-6 months after they begin chatting online. You can do it sooner, but doing it later than that will most likely not result in anything appropriate for a healthy relationship. Putting too much time or effort into online chemistry will surely lead to wrong expectations, overthinking, and other problems.
Do’s and don’ts of dating woman from Sweden
Now, let’s be more detailed about dating a Swedish woman. How to do everything right? Here are some do’s and don’ts that will help any foreign man impress his Swedish date.
- ✅ Keep a good conversation. Ask about her interests, about her taste in music and literature—Swedish girls can be pretty shy on the very first date, so you’ll have to ask a lot of questions to melt that ice. And please, don’t brag about your car or house (that’s not how it works with Swedish women), and don’t tell sexist jokes because that’s how you will offend them.
- ✅ Show that you’re a well-read and intelligent person. That’s what Swedish women are, and you’ll have to keep your communication on an intellectual level.
- ✅ Respect their private space and don’t be intrusive. This may work in some countries, but not in Scandinavia.
- ✅ Offer to pay for the date, but don’t insist. Swedish ladies don’t expect you to pay for everything, that’s not how their dating culture works.
- ✅ Look your best. Whether we’re talking about the early stages of your relationship or about something more serious, you should always date a Swedish girl with style. It’s not about buying too expensive clothing, of course: just make sure you look stylish and not like a typical American tourist in Europe.
- ❌ Don’t be too old-fashioned. These women are often feminists, so they are very serious about equal rights, equal opportunities, and women’s rights.
- ❌ Don’t play games. They are very straightforward; it’s a part of Swedish culture—so if you’re dating a typical Swedish girl, being direct and honest is definitely a great idea.
- ❌ Don’t worry about the language or cultural barrier. They speak great English, and they are well aware of Western culture (because they are actually Westerners, too). It’s not like with many other countries—in Sweden, you will probably not even notice the cultural or linguistic differences. However, learning some Swedish is probably a good idea.
How to bring your Swedish girlfriend to the US?
It’s not that difficult to meet a Swedish woman—you just need to choose a website and create a profile and voila, you’re officially on the road to the first date with a Swedish girl. But how to bring her to the United States?
Well, you have two options here if you’re serious about it and want to marry her: a K-1 visa and a CR-1 visa. We mentioned serious intentions here because if you just want her to visit you without planning to marry, she can always do it through a B-2 tourist visa, but if it’s about marriage, then it’s only about these two options: K-1 or CR-1.
The main difference is that when she gets a K-1 visa, you’ll have to marry her after that—she’ll get the visa, enter the US, and in 90 days, you’ll need to get married. If she gets a CR-1 visa, you need to get married before that—with a CR-1 visa, your bride will get a green card faster, but if you don’t want to marry her outside the United States, you need to pay attention to the K-1 option.
“What I can say here is that if you’re really interested in dating a Swedish girl, don’t waste your time. These women are really that great: they are well educated, they are loyal, they are very fun and interesting to talk to, and they are incredibly attractive. Just choose a dating site with many Swedes, sign up, and start chatting with them today!”
F.A.Q. about dating Swedish women
If you want to meet Swedish women, you need to go to JollyRomance first. Most Swedish women on this site have ID-verified profiles which means the chances to meet a fake profile there are pretty low. This is one of those dating websites with a great reputation and lots of positive reviews, so if you’re really interested in Swedish people, it should be your #1 choice.
In short, no, that’s not what you should worry about when dating Swedish women. Women in Nordic countries are very similar to Western European ladies in this regard—they speak English fluently, especially when it comes to young ladies in their 20s and 30s (the most common age category on international dating sites).
When it comes to marrying Swedish women, you may expect them to be loyal and caring, loving, and very interesting to talk to. But don’t expect them to be too old-fashioned and traditional—Swedish women tend to be more educated, career-oriented, and ambitious than women from other European countries.