Dating Korean Women: Step-by-Step Guide on How to Date Women from Korea
A lot of American men dream of dating a Korean girl—it’s not surprising at all taking into account the appearance and character traits of South Korean women. In this article, you’ll find all the most important information and facts you have to know about dating Korean girls, Korean culture and dating etiquette, and bringing your partner from South Korea to the United States.
|Popular cities to meet Korean women||Seoul, Busan, Incheon|
|Average age of marriage||31 years old|
|Best dating site||EasternHoneys|
|How to win their heart||Be serious about relationship, be caring and supportive, don’t ignore tiny anniversaries and special days (there will be a lot of them)|
🇰🇷 3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Korean Women
🇰🇷 Find Korean Single Women
What are Korean women like?
- Most Korean girls are well-educated and intelligent. There’s always something to talk about with them, they understand a lot about the world and about how things work, and they are incredibly interesting people to talk to. This makes Korean girls a perfect choice for those interested in long-term relationships.
- Korean girls are incredibly beautiful. You surely heard about the beauty of Korean girls before, and this is one of those 100% true stereotypes—it’s all about their natural beauty, their fashion sense, diets, and climate.
- They are patient and calm, like most Asian women. A Korean girl you meet online will most likely be perfect at anger management and at solving problems. This doesn’t mean these women don’t hide their negative feelings—they express them, but in a very non-confrontational way.
- They love dating foreign men, especially men from the United States. An average Korean girl in her 20s or 30s would gladly meet a guy from the US. The reasons may differ—some of them think American men make better long-term partners, some believe American men are more handsome, others think they are more loyal when it comes to relationships, etc.
- They are pretty family-oriented and traditional. Korean society is not as patriarchal today as it was a few decades ago and women have gained much more status since the Korean war, but the family model remains pretty traditional and men are still expected to provide for and protect the family.
5 Interesting Facts about Korean women
- Korean women are very unlikely to get married in their 20s—the average age at first marriage for South Korean women is 31 years old. Unlike ladies from other Asian countries (except for Japan), Korean girls tend to build a career before tying the knot, and it’s also about Western cultural influence, of course—there’s a strong traditional emphasis on marriage in Korean society, but women from this country are becoming more “Westernized” regarding their views on family-career balance.
- Korea has a pretty low divorce rate—it’s only 2 divorces per 1,000 inhabitants. In the United States, for example, the divorce rate is 15% higher (2.3 divorces per 1,000 population). An interesting fact is that the Korean divorce rate hasn’t increased during Covid-19 lockdowns—the so-called “Covidivorce” phenomenon hasn’t affected Korean families at all. What’s more, the divorce rate in Korea decreases in 2020-2021!
- South Korea has a low fertility rate. Technically, it’s the lowest TFR (total fertility rate) in the world right now—it’s only 0.81 in 2021, which is half as low as that of the United States. With a fertility rate that low, the question is not “how many kids does an average Korean woman have?” but “does an average Korean woman actually have at least 1 child?”
- Many Korean women speak English. Around 97% of Koreans can speak English, and around 20% of them are confident in their English skills, which is a great result for an Asian country. Obviously, it will be even easier for you to find a fluent English speaker if you focus on the biggest Korean cities and on the 20-35 years old age category.
- The average age of women giving birth to their first child is increasing, too—in 2021, the average age of first-time mothers in Korea was 33.4 years old, which is far from the pattern you would usually see in Asia.
How to meet a Korean woman?
You can go two ways to meet a cute Korean woman—offline and online. You can meet girls offline if you want to. But it’s not the best way you can go, to be fair.
The problem is that Korean dating culture is not similar to how it works in the United States. There is, for example, a dating phenomenon called “sogaeting” which stands for meeting singles through friends—it’s not that common for Koreans to start dating after meeting a person in a bar or on the street. Another example is “meeting”—that’s how they call group dates. In fact, lots of Koreans prefer to go on group dates together with their friends than to find a boyfriend or a girlfriend on the streets of Seoul. We don’t even mention the language barrier here because although 20% of Koreans speak English, this doesn’t mean you’ll meet a fluent English speaker on the streets of the city easily.
Another way you can go is online dating—you find a Korean dating app, meet Korean women there, and start dating women without leaving your home. It’s as simple as that, it’s much less stressful than meeting local girls offline, and it’s obviously much cheaper.
A 1-week trip to Seoul will cost you $1,300-$2,500, while a monthly subscription for a dating site (or a number of credits enough for 1 month) will cost you $100-$200. That’s why tens of thousands of Western men prefer Korean dating sites to visiting South Korea.
Process of dating Korean woman online: All you need to know
So, what do foreign guys need to know about meeting single Korean women online? Here’s a full guide for you.
First, you’ll need to find the best Korean dating platform possible. The point is, if you don’t, your whole dating experience will be far from perfect. It’s extremely important that you find a trusted dating website with a great reputation because only such platforms can provide the level of security and safety you need. You can go two ways here—you can read the reviews and compare the sites yourself, or you can trust our dating experts and take a look at the top lists they create.
Your dating profile is the first and the only thing that can either attract a Korean girl or turn her off. The main thing here is that your profile photo is the factor that makes the first impression, so it must be outstanding—but of course, we are not only talking about your profile picture. Your profile description or bio is very important, too—that’s why we strongly recommend all the people reading this right now. Make the profile bio interesting and catchy, and it will pay off.
Most dating services with Korean women have free search tools which means you can search for ladies using various filters without paying anything. Profile browsing is typically free, as well—so you can both search for ladies and browse their profiles for free. However, most online dating platforms like Korean Cupid or Asia Me don’t allow you to chat with South Korean girls for free—you’ll need to buy a premium subscription or “credits” to start communicating with them.
There are lots of tips you can find online when it comes to dating Korean ladies, but it’s an “easier said than done” situation, obviously. Well, in reality, each Korean lady you’ll meet is unique and has her own standards and preferences—so the only advice we can give you here is to be yourself when chatting with a Korean woman. Be honest, be respectful, and be yourself—these are the only tips that will work in 100% of situations.
It’s up to you when to ask your Korean girlfriend out. The main thing you need to understand here is that while there are probably thousands of girls interested in online-only dating, the absolute majority of them are genuinely interested in a real relationship. That’s why we highly recommend avoiding wasting your time and asking your online Korean girlfriend out as soon as possible. If it’s not you who asks her on a date, it might be that guy she’s chatting with right now.
Do’s and don’ts of dating woman from Korea
Whether you’re interested in a serious relationship or in something casual, you still have to understand certain things about dating Korean girls. Here are the most useful do’s and don’ts for you.
- ✅ Contact her right after the date—the 3-day rule doesn’t work in South Korea.
- ✅ Send her a lot of messages. South Korean dating is all about texting, especially when it comes to young Korean girls.
- ✅ Have serious intentions. Most Korean women have serious intentions, and they don’t just date for fun, especially if we’re talking about girls in their late 20s or older.
- ✅ Learn their culture. That’s the rule that works for all foreign women, not only for Korean girls, by the way.
- ❌ Don’t kiss on the street. It’s ok to hug in public, but when people kiss in public in South Korea, it’s typically considered uncomfortable and to some degree inappropriate.
- ❌ Don’t split the bill on the first date. Yes, Korean girls are extremely Westernized nowadays, but it’s the unspoken rule in Korea that it’s the man who pays on the first date.
- ❌ Don’t ignore celebrations. Korean couples celebrate the 100th, 200th, 300th, 500th, and 1000th-day anniversaries, as well as White Day (14th March) and even the “two-two” day (22nd day from the first date).
How to bring your Korean girlfriend to the US?
American men can marry a Korean girl (as well as an Asian girl from any other country) and bring her to the US. Most South Korean girls enter the US on a K-1 visa—if you’re interested in this type of visa, here’s a short guide for you.
- You can date Korean girls offline or online, but you’ll have to meet your partner in person if you’re going to bring her to the US. It’s necessary that you meet your foreign partner 2 years prior to the date of applying for the visa. It’s also very important to save as many examples of evidence of your meeting as possible—photographs, airline tickets, hotel receipts, etc.
- First, you’ll need to file Form I-129F—it’s necessary that both you and your partner have an intent to marry within 90 days of her arrival to the US.
- Then, your partner will have to complete the DS-160 form which is the visa application.
- When it’s done, she will need to attend the visa interview.
- After that, the sponsored fiance (your bride) will be able to enter the US.
- In case everything is ok and you marry within 90 days, she’ll be able to become a US permanent resident after that.
This is quite a long procedure, and if you feel puzzled, you can always ask a lawyer or any other legal consultant to help you go through it.
“Many Korean women are not fully satisfied with Korean guys and therefore search for serious relationships with foreign men. You don’t need to leave your home to meet Korean girls—just find a trusted dating site, create a profile, and start chatting with thousands of real local women.”
F.A.Q. about dating Korean women
Yes, they do. Tens of thousands of them think of dating foreigners because they believe American men are more loyal, more marriage-minded, and more serious regarding relationships than Korean men. However, different women might have different reasons to like Americans.
It’s pretty simple—if she sends you a lot of messages, looks genuinely interested in your life, and wants to meet you in person, she probably likes you. When it comes to a real-life date, it’s simple, too—if she smiles a lot, asks you a lot of questions, raises her tone, and touches you, everything is crystal clear.
No. Most girls you’ll meet online are fluent in English, so you won’t have to learn Korean to start a conversation with them. However, learning Korean will definitely make you stand out from the crowd of other Westerners trying to get these beautiful women.