Romance Tours: a Full Guide on Group and Single Tours
If you want to meet Latin women, get a foreign girl from Eastern Europe, or meet singles from an Asian country, you can go on matchmaking tours—it’s one of the options you have. It’s possible to get a personalized tour or a group tour, to visit Asia, Europe, and South America, and to get all the services booked for you by the agency. In fact, the convenience is one of the main advantages of such tours. But not the only one.
What are romance tours?
Romance, or romantic tours are the tours to a foreign country where you date women and choose your ideal partner among them. Such tours are divided into singles tours and group tours and they are typically focused on Eastern Europe, Asian countries, and Latin America.
It’s not the whole story, though.
Here, we’ll tell you about how it all began and how it transformed into what it is now. You can skip this part if you want to—just scroll down and you’ll find a lot of useful information about different romantic trip destinations, pros and cons, etc.
- So, it all began in the 1990s in post-Soviet countries, mostly in Russia and Ukraine. In this region, during the first decade after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, tens of thousands of women discovered the ability to move to a better country with a much higher quality of life. They discovered that all they needed was to find a foreign husband.
- Thousands of Slavic women got the opportunity to find a husband without even leaving their country (thanks to the latest technological tool at that time—say, CDs and even first, very basic and simple websites). All they needed was to get their interview recorded to a CD and send it to another country (the most popular country for this purpose was the US, of course). But it wasn’t like they shot in the dark; they didn’t send their interviews randomly.
- In the 1990s, the first international dating/marriage agencies were created in Russia and Ukraine—they helped to connect Eastern European women interested in finding a foreign husband and American/Western men interested in finding a Slavic woman. The process was pretty simple: women were interviewed, their interviews were recorded and sent to the US where American men interested in a foreign woman could get access to the catalogs of such videos and choose a match.
The thing is, to get a bride to the US, you need to meet her in person first, and this requirement sounded exactly the same in the 1990s. Visiting Russia or Ukraine is not safe now because of the war, but 25-30 years ago, it was not that safe either due to poverty and gang wars. What’s more, it wasn’t that easy for an average American guy to plan everything himself. There’s a lot of flight and hotel aggregators available today, and you don’t need to speak their language to eat in a restaurant in, say, Kyiv, but in the 1990s, planning a safe trip there would be much, much more difficult and expensive than it is now.
When the people running the previously mentioned agencies understood this, they started providing additional services—namely, translation services, transfer, booking the hotel room, planning the dates, etc. In such international romance tours, a Western man did basically not need to do anything, just date the women and choose the best match. Of course, a lot of details have changed (like the agencies that provide romance tours don’t need CDs and paper catalogs) but the essence remains the same. A man pays for a romance tour, visits the country, enjoys the services provided by the agency, and meets his dream woman there (the latter is not guaranteed, though).
How do romance tours work?
How do mail order bride tours work? Here’s a full guide for you. In short, it’s like using an international dating website, but with some major differences.
- First, you sign up on a website and buy access to the catalog of girls or buy premium subscription/credits—the latter is the more common option nowadays, from our experience. On LoveMe (A Foreign Affair, one of the oldest romance trip agencies), for example, the users pay for every message they send to a woman. It’s not that affordable—typically, it’s around $10 per message, not including one-time payments and premium subscription fees. These websites often have voice call services and video call services, but it’s clear that they are even more expensive than simple texting tools.
- After chatting with the girls, you can get a romance tour to meet a particular lady (or ladies). It’s much more likely that you’ll meet several women: there might be up to 3 dates per day and the agencies usually provide 20-40 women to meet during your tour. Here comes the main advantage of international dating tours agencies: they remove much of the headache of planning a romance tour. They book the tickets and the hotel accommodation, they provide (typically) translation and local guide services, etc. During this stage, the romance tour agency works exactly as a tour operator: you tell them the date, your preferences, and the girl you’d like to meet, and they do everything else.
- You meet women in person during your romance tour—it can be a single or a group tour, it depends on your preferences and budget. The work of a romance tour agency does not always end here, though. Sometimes, it’s not only about arranged meetings and local guides—some agencies provide legal assistance. However, it’s limited: like, they may help you with a Fiance visa package for an additional fee (around $100) but they won’t do all the work for you.
P.S. It’s not the same thing as sex tours, and the differences are obvious. Sex tourism is going to a foreign country with the purpose of having sex, meeting prostitutes, and sleeping with them. Romance tourism means that you can have a romantic tour to find a soul mate or a wife. Although this doesn’t exclude having sex, it’s not the main purpose of such trips.
Types of romance tours
As we already mentioned, there are two types of such tours: group trips and singles tours. Let’s be more detailed.
So, the first option to find a future wife is group tours.
Say, you’re interested in Thai women who are well-known for their natural beauty, traditional values, and interest in foreign men. Let’s also say, you want to spend some wonderful time with them and probably write your love story with a girl from this country. In this case, you can do the following:
- Sign up on a marriage/romance tour agency, pay for a premium subscription, and start chatting with the girls.
- Pay for a tour.
- Go on a group trip with several men chosen by the agency (typically no more than 5-10). During this trip, you will attend some social events and have some group dates. If you do really like someone, you can also have a personal date with them—it may be a free option or it may be an extra (paid) option, it depends on a tour operator.
Most guys prefer group trips because of one reason: they are typically cheaper. A group romantic tour might be up to 2 or even more times cheaper than a single, individual tour.
Individual tours are like a VIP thing so it’s obvious you’ll pay much more for such a trip. Group tours are cheaper but they may be not as convenient and can be more stressful than individual ones. Having a group date when there are 5-10 men there, well, if that sounds not stressful for you, then go for it! Some men say group tours are even better for them because when they meet other men facing the same challenges as they are, it feels like a huge relief.
When it comes to an individual romantic tour, everything is pretty much the same, but, the group consists of only one person. In such a tour, you will be the star of the party: you’ll meet 20-40 women, have 2-3 dates per day, and it’s obvious that the chances of finding a soul mate are much higher with individual trips. But the disadvantages are clear, too. The main one is the price: such a tour will most likely cost you at least twice of the group tour’s cost.
Pros & cons of romance tours
There’s a lot of advantages and disadvantages of romance tours. Let’s talk about them.
- ✅ Higher chances to have a real meeting with a woman than when using the alternative options. In fact, if you choose a trusted agency and have enough money to pay for a tour, you will definitely meet someone. It’s not guaranteed that you will meet someone who would meet your expectations, though, but the real-life meeting is guaranteed.
- ✅ It’s easier to perform tours with tour companies. Hotel accommodations, translation services (even a personal translator if you pay for this), romantic dinners, airport pickup and transfer, etc, etc—there are lots of services a good tour company can offer. You just need to find romance, talk to women, and find a life partner.
- ✅ Some agencies provide matchmaking services with a deep analysis of your requirements and potential partner’s personality traits which may make it easier to find a perfect match. We’re not talking about the ones that just show you a catalog and offer you to choose, of course.
- ✅ With romance tour agencies, you will meet vetted ladies, the ones with verified accounts. On most dating sites, you can’t be sure you will meet the same girl you were chatting with, but a woman who wants to create a profile on a website like AFA needs to go through a verification process. So they are 100% real.
- ❌ The reality of group tours may be far from your expectations. It can be stressful, it can lead to conflicts within your group, etc.
- ❌ The choice may still be limited. Not all the women you meet during your group or solo tours will be genuinely interested in finding a soul mate—some just want to find a rich guy who will pay for all their expenses. It’s not like all of them do, and it’s not like they want to get half of your income and assets. Some of them just want you to buy them a gift, pay for a date, and pay for their taxi.
- ❌ It’s expensive. For the Philippines, for example, it’s around $1,700 for a 1 week group tour, and if you want to have a solo tour, it’s even more expensive. But even when it comes to the online dating stage, it’s still quite costly. Typically, it’s around $100-$200 as a one-time payment to activate your membership, a monthly fee of $50-$100, and (typically) around $10 per email. On international dating platforms, users typically pay around $2-$4 per email.
- ❌ The dating pool is not that large. Again, if you take all those websites with foreign brides, you will probably see at least tens of thousands of women there. The number of women using romance tour/marriage agencies is typically lower.
- ❌ The language barrier. But it’s not a problem of romance tours specifically, it’s a challenge everyone interested in international relationships should be aware of.
You see, the situation here is not like with, say, international dating websites where there are like 6 major advantages and 2-3 major disadvantages. Here, it’s at least 50-50—and it’s only up to you to decide if the reward is worth it.
Popular romance tours destinations
We mentioned Slavic countries at the beginning of the guide, but it’s surely not only about Russia and Ukraine. Let’s talk about some of the most popular foreign bride tours destinations today.
Asian romance tours
- The Philippines. This is the #1 country in the world regarding the number of K-1 (fiancee) visas issued, so of course, the bride tours to the Philippines are incredibly popular. If you choose a group tour to another country, you will most likely need to wait for all the participants to gather, but with the popularity of the Philippines, there will be no such problem.
- China. There are lots of incredibly beautiful cities with a lot of interesting places to meet a girl in China, and you can expect to visit some of the best of them if you’re going to purchase a romantic tour to this country.
- Thailand. Thai women are great, too: they may be a bit jealous, but they are incredibly faithful to their husbands and they also make great wives because of their cultural and personal traits. You can meet them, too—Thailand is one of the most popular destinations for romance tours in Asia.
Latin romance tours
- Colombia. A Latin romance tour to this country will never disappoint you: Colombian women are passionate and beautiful, they are very marriage-minded and they love dating men from the United States and other Western countries. Some agencies even provide special tours—you can visit the Colombian National Beauty Pageant, attend the bikini contest, and meet the hottest women in this country.
- Dominican Republic. This country is well-known for its awesome ladies who are very active, fun, interesting to talk to, and have that irresistible beauty. They often want to move to a richer country with a higher quality of life, and the United States is a very popular choice for them. Of course, they also appreciate Western men—they believe men from the West are loyal and caring (at least more loyal and caring than local men).
- Costa Rica. They are very interesting people, too. Costa Rican women live in a very family-centered culture, they are beautiful and friendly, they don’t have any problems with dating foreign men, and there are thousands of them waiting for a perfect partner on romance tour websites.
Slavic romance tours
- Ukraine. Of course, dating tours to Ukraine were incredibly popular before the Russian invasion of 2022—today, there are no safe Ukrainian romance tours, unfortunately. We know that LoveMe (Foreign Affair) halted certain services with Ukrainian women, but it’s not like it’s impossible. Thus, if you want to meet real Ukrainian women living in Germany or Poland, this site (as well as some other matchmaking services) can offer their services to you.
- Russia. Russian romance tours have always been extremely popular, too, but traveling there today may not be a good idea for various reasons, from ethical to strategic. Especially when it comes to group dating tours—some people may get very suspicious of foreigners. But again, you can go to other countries: there are tens of thousands of young and beautiful Russian women in Europe and Asia, and some agencies can offer such trips already.
I can’t tell you that a romance tour is certainly a bad idea. These trips have their disadvantages, yes, but they are also one of the most popular options for those who’d like to meet a foreign girl. If you can afford it and want to get a certain guarantee that you will meet real girls in person, then you definitely need to try these trips. Just choose the best foreign bride tours and the most trusted agencies, please—there are too many frauds in this industry.
FAQ about Romance Tours
Well, typically, they are for single Western men—the main goal of such tours is to help men find a wife, so it makes sense single men are the core audience of such agencies. However, we believe that it’s possible to enjoy some marriage tours by some agencies even if you’re married but, say, if your divorce is in progress.
Yes, of course you can. You can choose among the most popular regions for international dating: most agencies provide tours to Asian countries, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. You can choose the country and the city you’d like to visit (or several cities, it’s possible, too).
Most tours last 7-14 days, it’s the gold standard of this industry. We assume that it’s possible to get a shorter or a longer tour, though.
Well, it’s usually not specified. Typically, it’s men in their 30s-60s who dominate the romance tour sites’ memberships, but if you’re 20 or 70 years old, we believe it’s totally possible to find a lot of women who would be interested in meeting you.