Philitalks Review (2023)
|Number of users
|Number of visits per month
|Male to female ratio
Philitalks claims to be a new innovative platform that works both like a social networking site and a dating site, connecting people from different parts of the world, namely Asia and particularly the Philippines, and Western countries like the US, Canada, UK, and many others. But is it really worth using? Who can you meet there, and what kind of experience will you likely have? Find the answers in this Philitalks review.
Philitalks is a freemium online dating site and a social networking site that connects users worldwide and has the two largest member groups in Asia and Western countries.
Overall Philitalks rating
|Ease of use
Philitalks in 30 seconds
- One of the new dating platforms launched less than 2 years ago
- Over 100,000 monthly visits on average and a 60% to 40% male-to-female ratio
- Works for everyone—people seeking new friends, cross-cultural communication & romantic partners
- No mobile app, but the website is mobile-friendly
- Registration, as well as access to profiles and search, are completely free
- Members mostly pay for texting and sending Mails
- New members get bonus credits and discounts
- Users can share posts and follow each other just like on a social networking site
Philitalks for men
The competition between men on the Philitalks website is lower than on most dating platforms, including mainstream dating apps with tens of millions of members worldwide. Men can also set up accounts without paying or providing any payment details. They can skip some of the questions in the quiz, and profile verification is optional for male users, but men are the ones who pay for communication on the site.
Philitalks for women
The registration process is more complex and time-consuming for women, but they don’t pay for communication on Philitalks. Also, women must verify their accounts, and they don’t get a serious advantage on Philitalks because of the nearly equal male-to-female ratio.
Who is and isn’t Philitalks for?
- People looking for a partner abroad
- Users looking for new friends from other countries
- Men who’d like to meet Asian women & singles from the Philippines
- Men looking for a mail order bride site
- Users who’d like to join a completely free dating website
- Singles seeking NSA, FWB, and other types of casual encounters
Pros & cons of using Philitalks
- An innovative platform that works for all categories of international users
- Free registration, bonuses for newcomers
- Good moderation, transparent policies, and FAQ with answers to all questions
- Mail service as an alternative to live chat
- Free and unlimited search and access to profiles
- No mobile app
- No free unlimited communication for male users
Philitalks overview: Things you should know
Philitalks is an online dating platform and platform for communication that accepts Asian members (mostly female users from the Philippines) and Western users (mostly male members from the US, UK, and Netherlands). The registration process is pretty fast, and a new user doesn’t have to provide any payment details when signing up.
There’s a wide range of free features, and 20 free credits are given to all newcomers, but actual communication on the site is paid. Though the site is promoted as a platform for cross-cultural communication, chatting, and making new friends, most Philitalks members are looking for romantic relationships.
- Site name: , ,
- Paid or free: Paid with some free features
- Average sign-up time: 6 minutes
- Paid membership policy: From $2.99 for 20 credits
Is Philitalks free? No, it’s not. But there are two versions of the website—a free version that all the members can use and a premium version with the best features for paying members. Is an upgrade of the account worth it? What exactly do free and premium users get? We explain how the system works below.
So, here’s what we could do while being Philitalks free members:
- Edit profile. Once you fill in the Philitalks sign-up form and take a quiz, you can change and edit your information, add more photos and upgrade your profile page overall.
- Browse profiles and view profile pictures. Access to profiles is free and unlimited, so you can see who exactly you can meet on this website before you spend real money on the site.
- Follow other users and share posts. As we’ve noted previously, Philitalks can work as a social networking site, too, and the best thing is that free members can follow as many users as they want to like posts and share their own publications.
- Use the search feature & the People feature. Unfortunately, there’s no advanced search feature with lots of extended filters, but there’s the basic search, as well as the swiping feature that lets you find great matches among people suggested by the Philitalks algorithms.
- Send winks, likes, and favorite others. We can’t say we couldn’t contact others on Philitalks before an upgrade—there are ways to let others know you might be interested in having a conversation. Also, it allows evaluating your potential popularity on the site before you spend some real money on credits.
- Use support. It’s available 24/7 and works pretty well. There’s no priority support only for premium users—all the members are treated equally.
So, winks and the first Say Hello messages are the only communication tools available to free members. In other words, if you want to have actual conversations on the site, you’ll need to upgrade, and that’s what we did on Philitalks.
Of course, paid members get a lot more than free members on Philitalks. Once we bought some credits, we could use the following features:
- View private photos and profile videos. Access to profiles is free, but standard users can only see photos from a public gallery (there are usually at least 3-5 of them, so you still can understand what a person looks like). Paid members, in turn, can also view private photos and watch profile videos.
- Use live chat. It seemed to be the most convenient communication feature, but it’s a matter of taste. Live chat works well, is not buggy, and there’s a media file exchange.
- Send Mails. Mails are an alternative to live chat—if you prefer reading and writing long emails instead of typing lots of short messages in the instant chat, you’ll like them.
- Exchange media, send stickers and emojis. Basically, this works like on all the most popular online messengers, including messengers on top social networking sites—you choose a file/special sticker and send it in real time.
- Send virtual gifts. If you find someone special on the site, you’ll be able to get their attention pretty easily by sending one of the cute virtual gifts.
👉🏻 There are enough basic and special features to use on Philitalks, so having a good experience here is absolutely possible. Still, we’ve been missing video chat that would significantly improve it. Social media features really make using the site more fun and engaging, so in our opinion, Philitalks deserves 8.8 out of 10 points for the selection of features.
Now, let’s take a look at Philitalks prices. At the moment, the available credit packages are as follows:
👉🏻 As we’ve noted previously, those who’ve just signed up for the Philitalks dating site also get 20 first credits for free. Considering that and the discounts for the newcomers, we can give the platform 7.5 out of 10 points for its pricing policy. The website isn’t cheap, and you need to pay each time you want to start a conversation with someone, but this is a common practice in this market segment, and Philitalks’ pricing policy is transparent.
Profile quality is one of the features that make Philitalks stand out. Over 80% of profiles on the site are very detailed, and here’s what you can see when you browse a random page:
- Bio/headline — there’s a short self-summary that can look like a headline or a pretty meaningful and lengthy bio depending on the user
- Profile photos — you see a full-size profile picture and all the pictures in the public gallery even as a standard member
- Videos — not all users have them though, and viewing a video isn’t free
- Details — basic yet essential information like hobbies, marital status, age, religion, etc.
- Publications — all the posts that a user has shared on Philitalks
👉🏻 Just like on other sites, profile quality on Philitalks largely depends on the user. However, members are encouraged to add more information and verify their accounts, so the average level of quality is high enough. That’s why we give the platform 9.3 out of 10 points for this specific criterion.
Ease of use
Unlike some dating sites or social networking sites, the Philitalks website is super easy to use. There are no excessive links, redirects, features, and tables—everything is pretty straightforward, and you can figure out how to contact others if you’ve never had a Facebook or a Tinder account before.
👉🏻 All the features are accessible from the Main Menu, and there’s a great informative FAQ with articles on different topics, from technical issues to the prices, so you can just read some to learn literally everything about the platform. There’s no Philitalks app, but the website is mobile-friendly and compatible with all devices. Considering the good design and great usability, we can give the platform 9 out of 10 points for this parameter.
Is Philitalks legit, or is Philitalks a scam? Philitalks is a legit platform that works well enough for people seeking fun communication with foreigners and also those who are interested in romantic relationships with someone from another part of the world. However, it’s not a free site—there are both free and paid features, so using it makes sense only if Philitalks meets all your criteria and expectations and can help you meet the special person you’ve always been looking for.
Philitalks is an international platform for cross-cultural communication that has most users in Asia, namely the Philippines, and the Western world, namely in the US, UK, and Netherlands. It works for all, including singles looking for romantic partners or new friends. Members can use free and paid features, and only a user decides whether they want or don’t want to upgrade.
The Philitalks dating site can work if you use it properly. There are enough free features, a lot of detailed profiles of mostly Asian girls and men from the US, UK, and other countries, many communication features, and the Philitalks customer support team works well enough to provide good assistance.
On the Philitalks dating website, members don’t pay monthly fees to become premium users but purchase credits and spend them on using particular services instead. The costs of credit packages range from $2.99 for 20 credits for newcomers to $149.99 for 750 credits. Members also get 20 free credits after they set up their Philitlaks accounts.
You only need to go to the Credits section on the Main Menu, click Buy More Credits (the link will be right next to your current credit balance), choose one of the credit packages, and make a payment.
Click on your profile picture and choose Settings. Find the red Deactivate my Account button on the top left side of the page, pick the reason why you are leaving, and deactivate your Philitalks profile. If you want to delete your account permanently, contact the support team.