Korean Mail Order Brides: Interview with Korean Woman for Marriage
Have you ever heard of beautiful Korean girls? Well, you surely have, considering you’re here. South Korea is a very popular “mail order bride” country – in 2019, for instance, almost 500 Korean brides got married to American men and enter the US on a K-1 visa. It’s no surprise, given how beautiful, intelligent, well-mannered, caring, and feminine South Korean women are – and here, you’ll find all you wanted to know about them. Why do they search for foreign men? How to meet a Korean woman? How to bring your Korean wife to the US? And how much does it cost? All the answers are waiting for you here.
But first, we’ll talk to Xiao – a real Korean bride who is searching for an American boyfriend right now. Why is she so interested in foreign guys and what does she think about American men? Continue reading to find out!
Interview with Xiao – a Korean mail order bride
Xiao is a perfect explanation of why Korean brides are so popular – beautiful, tender, feminine, and really smart. Let’s make a short conclusion of what she just said:
- Women from South Korea like dating American men because Americans often have more serious intentions than Korean guys
- Hot Korean women don’t like it when you think they’re easy
- Korean women for marriage think foreign men generally make better husbands and long-term partners than men from Korea
- Now, let’s continue – we are sure that’s not all you wanted to know about Korean women.
Facts about marriages with Korean mail order brides
- Korean women tend to get married later than women from other Asian countries. While Asian women from Southeast or even East Asia often get married in 23-26 years old, the average age at first marriage for Korean brides is 30 years old. Well, South Korea is a perfect example of a modern, developed country – and according to the statistics, Korean women see marriage and family exactly like women from other developed countries.
- Another example is the fertility rate. While it might be around 2-3 in Southeast Asian countries, the rate for Korean women is only 1. It’s almost 70% lower than in the United States – and the US doesn’t look like the country with a very high fertility rate, does it?
- Korean women get married in their 30s, so obviously, they tend to have kids even after that. The mean age of childbearing for Korean women is 32 years old – it’s one of the highest indicators in the world (it’s even higher than, for instance, in Sweden or Norway – the countries where women traditionally wanted to build a career before having a child).
- Korean wives do not feel social pressure when it comes to divorces. The divorce rate in this country is quite high – 2.1 divorces per 1,000 population (it’s higher than in such developed countries as Switzerland, Norway, France, and the UK). However, it’s lower than in the United States where there are 2.7 divorces per 1,000 population.
How much does a Korean bride cost?
You can’t buy a Korean bride. It’s often called “buying a Korean wife” but in reality, it’s rather “dating a Korean girl, meeting her, and proposing to her”. Yes, you’ll have to pay for several things, but it’s not that you can buy a Korean bride online, obviously.
First of all, you’ll need to pay for a Korean bride dating service. Most of them cost around $100 per month but there are two types of Korean mail order brides sites – the ones with a monthly subscription and the ones with a credit system. The sites with a monthly subscription usually cost around $50-$80 per month while the sites with a credit system might be cheaper than that. The point is, you can control your spendings on the sites with a credit system – so you can spend, say, $50 if you only use a text chat – or you can more than that if you use such services as video chat or gift delivery.
After that, you’ll have to meet a Korean girl in real life. Let’s say, you’ll need to spend around 2 weeks in South Korea – here’s how much such a trip will cost.
- Tickets – $500-$800 (round-trip)
- Hotel room – $550-$1,100 for 2 weeks (depending on the class of a hotel)
- Transportation (taxis, buses) – $200 for 2 weeks
- Transportation (trains, intercity buses) – $60 per day
- Food – $350 for 2 weeks (street food, cheap restaurants), $200 for a dinner (fancy restaurants)
- Entertainment – $700 for 2 weeks
- K-1 visa – $2,200
Step-by-step guide on how to get Korean mail order bride
Thanks to online dating, getting a Korean wife is much easier today than it was a few decades ago. Follow this guide and you’ll understand how to meet a girl from South Korea!
- Find a dating site with Korean women for marriage. There are lots of such services, but it’s extremely important that you choose only the most trusted dating sites with South Korean brides.
- Create your dating profile. You’ll probably be asked a lot of questions during the registration, and if you answer these questions correctly, you’ll get the best matches. However, that’s not all – you’ll also have to upload several pictures and write an interesting profile description. Remember that the better your profile looks like, the more Korean brides it will attract!
- Update your account (buy credits or a premium subscription). Most websites with Korean brides are paid so you’ll have to buy credits or to pay for a monthly membership to chat with Korean girls.
- Start chatting with Korean ladies! We recommend you chat with 3-5 women simultaneously to increase your chances of finding the right woman.
- Don’t wait for too long and ask that South Korean woman on a date.
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. American men can meet Korean brides online and offline, marry them, and bring their Korean wives to the United States. Korean girls who enter the US on a K-1 or a CR-1 visa get a Green card and become US permanent residents. In 3 years after that, your Korean wife will be able to become a US citizen. The only thing a South Korean woman needs to do is to prove that her relationship with an American man is real, genuine, and “bona fide” (=for love).
How to bring a Korean wife to the USA?
As we’ve said before, almost 500 Korean mail order wives entered the US on a K-1 visa in 2019. If you’re interested in dating Korean women for marriage, here’s a short guide on getting a K-1 visa:
- First, the US citizen sponsor (you must be a US citizen to do it) should file Form I-129F. It’s the Petition for Alien Fiancee – you must file it with the USCIS office.
- When the petition is approved, it’ll be sent to the National Visa Center. The Visa Center will provide you a case number and send the petition to the embassy/consulate in Korea.
- After that, your Korean bride will need to complete Form DS-160 – it’s the application for a visa. She’ll have to print the confirmation page and to bring it to the visa interview.
- You will have to submit Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) to prove you’re able to support your bride financially.
- When it’s done, your bride will attend the interview – she’ll have to prove your relationship is real and genuine.
- After that, she’ll be able to enter the US – you’ll have to marry within 90 days after the arrival.
How to avoid Korean mail order bride scam?
South Korean ladies are not gold-diggers and they are not scammers – most Korean wives you’ll meet online are real women searching for a foreign husband or boyfriend. However, you should be careful when you start dating foreign women online – unfortunately, international dating sites are full of scammers and fake profiles. Here are the top three rules you should follow in order to not get scammed.
- First, never send money to Latin, European, African, or Asian women you meet online. If a woman you met on a dating site asks you for money right away, she is 100% a scammer – in this case, all you have to do is block and report her profile.
- Second, always use video chat and Google reverse image search to make sure you’re chatting with a real person. If you use Google reverse image search and see a lot of results from different dating websites, it’s most likely a scammer who wants to steal your money. Block, report, and forget.
- Third, never share personal or financial information on a dating site. Most scammers are not that smart, to be honest – they might just ask your credit card number or they might ask you to send them a photo of your card. If a Korean woman you met on a dating website wants to know your Paypal password or credit card number, it’s 100% not a real Korean woman.
These rules look obvious and simple, we understand it – but they really work. The absolute majority of scammers are really not that creative when it comes to stealing your money, so just follow these 3 rules and you’ll be ok.
Yes. There are lots of Korean mail bride websites that operate legally and deliver safe and legit services for their users. We highly recommend choosing the sites with validated female profiles—when using these sites, you can be sure you’re chatting with real women. If we’re talking about legit and reliable websites, the profiles with a Validated/Verified badge are 100% real.
You don’t need to go to South Korea, at least in the very first stage of your relationship. All you should do is create a profile on a Korean bride website, upload some photos, buy some credits or pay for a monthly premium subscription, and start chatting with the ladies from Korea. Treat them with respect, be a gentleman, and you’ll easily build a successful online relationship with a Korean bride.
Yes, you can meet a lot of Korean mail order brides online. There are dozens of niche dating services with thousands of women from Korea who are genuinely interested in meeting a foreigner, particularly a man from the United States (because they often believe men from the US make better partners than other guys). The most important thing to understand here is that you need to choose a trusted, reputable, and reliable dating service.
Yes, as a US citizen or a Green card holder, you can marry a non-US citizen and South Korean citizens are not an exception. You can marry any woman from South Korea (unless your marriage violates American/Korean laws). You will also be able to bring your Korean bride to the United States before (CR-1 visa) or after (K-1 visa) marriage. If you choose the latter option, you’ll need to marry her within 90 days after arrival in the US.