Vietnamese Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Vietnam
Here, I’m going to tell you literally everything about Vietnamese brides. How much does it cost to get one? How to find a mail order bride and not lose your money? Is it legal to bring a Vietnamese woman to the US? All these questions are answered on this page.
But first, let’s talk to a real mail order bride from Vietnam—her name is Emma, she’s 22, and she’ll help us look at the mail order brides phenomenon from a totally different angle.
Interview with a Vietnamese mail order bride
Who are you?
Hey! I’m Emma. I’m 22, I’m from Hanoi, and I’m a student. I’m currently studying Accounting and Finance at Vietnam National University.
Why did you become a mail order bride?
I want to find a Western guy because I’m looking for someone who is more stable and mature. I feel like many Vietnamese men are not ready for a serious relationship, and I’m tired of, you know, playing games. Also, I think that Western men are more open-minded and respectful of women—that’s what some of my friends told me. The ones who are more experienced in international dating.
How did you find a dating site you’re using?
I found the dating site I’m using—Easternhoneys—through a friend who met a really nice Canadian guy online. She told me that it’s a great way to meet people from different countries and cultures, that it’s free for women, and that it’s pretty safe and convenient. So I decided to give it a try. I read a few reviews, too, but that’s all.
Why do you want a foreign husband?
Because foreigners (Westerners in particular) are more mature and family oriented! Also, I believe that foreign men are much more respectful and supportive of their wives. Like, I’m searching for a husband—I want a man to be stable and reliable. And local guys are quite far from this, in my opinion.
Have you already found someone?
No, not yet! But I’m very optimistic that I’ll find the right guy soon. I chatted with 3 men, though. They were serious and all that but one of them just disappeared and with the others, well, it just didn’t work out for us. We didn’t even meet each other in person.
What do you like about Western men and what don’t you like?
I’m not an expert, you know… But as I’ve said, it’s all about their maturity and reliability. I want to feel that my man will support me, protect me, and care about me. That’s what I can get from Westerners, I believe.
As for the “don’t like” part, well… I don’t know, really. Some of my friends who also used mail order brides websites said that sometimes, Western guys are too traditional. Like, they just want to find a shy and obedient girl who would do whatever they say. It’s not how it works in 2023, you know.
People often worry about scams and fakes on dating sites. Is using mail order bride sites safe, in your opinion?
I haven’t met any scammers… yet? I don’t know, I hope I won’t meet any on this dating website I’m using. They have a verification and I had to upload my ID and my driver’s license to get that blue tick, so I hope the number of scammers is low there. But I’ve heard about it, of course. One friend of mine, Binh, she met that guy from New York (as he said) and it turned out he wanted her to send him $100 for some reason. She just blocked him and that’s all.
Emma, can you help singles from the US understand Vietnamese women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Vietnamese woman, please.
I think it’s important to be reliable, confident, and caring to attract and impress a girl like me. But there are tens of thousands of women from my country on these sites, so I can’t speak for all of them, of course. For some girls, it may be about being respectful and understanding, for others, it’s probably about being patient and taking things slow. We all are different.
So, let’s make it clear:
- Vietnamese girls like Westerners because they are more mature and family-oriented than Vietnamese men
- Vietnamese women tend to be interested in a serious relationship when they sign up on dating websites
- The ladies from this country are different and they want different things, but the general rule is: be respectful, have serious intentions, be caring.
It’s not that difficult, right? But that’s not all, obviously. Continue reading and you’ll find a lot of useful info: facts about marriages with Vietnamese women, guides on getting a girl from Vietnam, cost breakdown, safety tips, and other useful information.
Facts about marriages with Vietnamese mail order brides
- Vietnam is the country with the lowest divorce rate in the world (0.2 divorces per 1,000 population). It’s all about their culture, which emphasizes loyalty within relationships and the importance of the family.
- Most Vietnamese women get married quite early. The average age of marriage for Vietnamese women is 24 years old. By the way, Vietnamese brides are used to an age gap in a relationship because the average age of marriage for Vietnamese men is higher than 28 years old!
- Vietnamese women have more children than Western ladies—the total fertility rate in this country is 1.96 children per woman. However, it’s not that high if one compares Vietnam with its neighboring countries. In Laos and Cambodia, for example, the fertility rates are even higher.
So, here are the TOP-5 Vietnamese Dating Sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a Vietnamese bride cost?
You can’t “buy” a Vietnamese mail order bride, obviously. You can chat with Vietnamese women, meet them, and bring them to the United States, but there’s nothing like “buying a bride”, actually. Let’s talk about how much it actually costs—we’ll begin with a dating website cost.
There are lots of good websites where you can meet Vietnamese wives. Here, we’ll talk about one of the best platforms—Eastern Honeys (it’s the website Emma is using, by the way). This website has a credit system where the users need to buy credits in order to exchange them for various communication services. Here’s how much the credits on EasternHoneys cost:
- 20 credits cost $10 ($3 for new users)
- 50 credits cost $20
- 125 credits cost $45
- 250 credits cost $70
- 750 credits cost $150
Now, let’s talk about the premium/communication tools available on this site.
- Live chat costs 2 credits/minute
- Sending a message to another member costs 10 credits (for the first message) or 30 credits (all the further messages)
- Watching a profile video costs 25 credits
- Watching a chat video costs 50 credits
But it’s not only about the mail order brides website. You’ll need at least several real-life dates and you’ll most likely have to pay for a K-1 visa, too. Here’s the cost breakdown:
- Dating website — from $100 to $200 per month (for most users)
- A 2-week trip to Vietnam — around $2,500
- The K-1 visa — around $2,025 (including the green card fee)
By the way, you can use other websites to meet Vietnamese women because it’s not only about EasternHoneys, of course. The websites like TheLuckyDate and CuteAsianWoman are worth a shot, too. They are reputable, trusted, and very popular.
🇻🇳 Find Vietnamese Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get Vietnamese mail order bride
If you’re a Western man who has never dated outside the country, you may have questions regarding how to find a foreign wife online. Here’s a guide for you.
- Choose a website with Asian women. Read the reviews, analyze the quality of the sites, and always choose the ones with a great reputation.
- Create an account and make it stand out from the crowd. Upload your best pictures, write a profile bio that would attract Vietnamese women, and make it look amazing.
- Find the ladies you like. Most websites for mail order bride marriages are paid, but search filters are always free to use.
- Utilize the welcome bonuses to test the site. Lots of websites offer such bonuses and some of them even offer free credits, which means you will be able to chat with Vietnamese brides for free there!
- Chat with foreign women and use all the messaging tools available. Don’t rush, and chat with Vietnamese mail order brides every day—when it comes to making online relationships work, it’s all about keeping the communication up.
There are lots of details you need to be aware of and there are lots of other things to do in order to build relationships, of course. But in general, this is a guide that will help you date and meet local girls from other countries easily.
Success stories with Vietnamese mail order brides
We asked two couples who met Vietnamese brides using the top dating sites selected by our experts to tell us about their experiences. Here are their stories.
Jack is a 32-year-old software engineer from San Francisco who decided to try online dating 2 years ago. He matched with Mai, a 27-year-old Vietnamese woman who worked as a nurse in Hanoi, on TheLuckyDate. After chatting for a few weeks, Jack flew to Vietnam to meet Mai in person—they hit it off immediately and spent two weeks exploring the city together. Jack was impressed by Mai’s kindness and intelligence, and she was charmed by his sense of humor and adventurous spirit. They got married a year later, and now they live together in California, where Jack has a house.
Kevin, a 46-year-old teacher from Texas, wanted to find true love, so he joined a CuteAsianWoman dating site where he matched with Linh, a 25-year-old journalist from Ho Chi Minh City. They clicked right away and video chatted daily. Kevin flew to Vietnam and met Linh there—she was charming, witty, and generous, and they had a lot of fun discovering Ho Chi Minh City and other fantastic places in this country. Linh showed him her culture and cuisine, and cutting to the case, Kevin asked Linh to marry him on their last night. They had a simple but romantic wedding in Hoi An, and now, they live happily in Texas.
Is using MOB & dating sites to find and date women legal?
Yes, it’s legal. You can date foreign brides online legally, you can meet them legally, and it’s obvious that you can also bring a woman from a foreign country to the United States. There may be some legal problems if you are going to date Filipina girls, for example, because they have a law that prohibits the business of organizing marriages between Filipinas and foreign men, but these limitations are incredibly easy to overcome. When it comes to Vietnam and the absolute majority of other world countries, there’s nothing you need to worry about regarding the legal questions.
How to bring a Vietnamese wife to the USA?
It’s convenient and easy to chat with Vietnamese brides, but when it comes to bringing your Vietnamese wife/bride to the United States, well, the process is surely not that simple and fast. Most people bringing their foreign partners to the US do it through a K-1 fiancé(e) visa. This visa is for foreign fiancées of American citizens, which means you’ll need to marry your mail order bride in the US after her arrival, not prior to it. Here’s a short step-by-step guide on getting a K-1 visa.
- First, you need to file a petition with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and provide evidence of your relationship.
- Once the petition is approved, your fiance will need to attend an interview at a US embassy or consulate in their home country to verify their eligibility for the K-1 visa.
- The interview will include questions about your relationship and your plans for the future, so it’s important to be prepared with evidence of your relationship, such as photos, flight tickets, etc.
- If the visa is approved, your Vietnamese bride can enter the US, and after that, you will have 90 days to get married. Remember that the K-1 visa is only for couples who plan to get married—it’s not a way to bring a girlfriend or boyfriend to the US.
How to avoid Vietnamese mail order bride scam?
When it comes to Vietnamese mail order bride dating, the main problem one may face is scammers. Here’s how most scammers do it: they steal photos from a real person to create a fake profile, then they move the relationship forward quickly, and when the trust is finally gained, they’ll ask you for money, gifts, or personal details. But that’s not all—unfortunately, the number of online dating scams you need to be aware of is much larger than that. Let’s be more detailed.
A fake Vietnamese bride who wants your money
It’s simple: a scammer creates a fake profile, communicates with you, and then, they ask you to send them money or buy them an expensive gift. Once you do it, you’ll be blacklisted or the conversation continues—in this case, you’ll be asked for more and more gifts until you realize something is wrong.
Fake dating sites with Vietnamese ladies
Here’s how it works: you sign up on a dating site and see thousands of hottest mail order brides there. Then, you chat with them and spend money to continue communication. Most mail order brides websites are not 100% free to use, you see. After that, you realize no Vietnamese lady from that website is going to meet you IRL because there are actually no real Vietnamese girls there—they all are fake profiles created by the website’s team in order to make you pay.
A scammer who asks you for personal life details to blackmail you
If a foreign woman asks a lot of questions about your personality, it’s ok—but if she asks a lot of questions about your credit card, job, or about your personal life, this may be a red flag. That’s what scammers do: they get as much info as they can, and after that, they use it to blackmail people. It’s not always about information, though—often, it’s about certain (sexual) photos and videos which can be used for this purpose as well.
Vietnamese women are awesome, really. Loving and caring, loyal and calm, respectful and pretty traditional—if that’s what you’re searching for, you just can’t miss this country. It’s very easy to meet them, too! Just make sure you choose a trusted and legit dating website, create a profile, and start chatting, it’s really that simple. Tens of thousands of real Vietnamese ladies are chatting with Western men and building a real international relationship right now, so don’t waste your time. You can find a Vietnamese soulmate, too.