Thai Mail Order Brides: Interview with Thai Woman for Marriage
Heard of Thai wives? More than 855 Thai brides got married to American men in 2019, so this country is one of the most popular mail order brides countries in the world. Here, I’ll tell you everything about Thailand mail order brides—I’m going to cover such topics as the K-1 visa, the cost of a Thai bride, and statistics related to Thai ladies in this article. I’ll also talk about the Thai mail order bride scam and how to avoid it, and of course, you’ll find some really useful Thai bride guides here.But first, let’s talk with a real Thai bride from EasternHoneys—her name is Waranya, and she is a perfect example of a Thai lady who wants to find a foreign husband and live a happy family life with him.
Interview with Waranya—a Thai mail order bride
Who are you?
I’m Waranya, a fitness teacher from Bangkok. I’m 21 years old and I’ve been using Thai bride websites for 1 year. No, for 2 years—I started using this site in 2020.
Why did you become a mail order bride?
I heard from other Thai girls that Western guys are much better than our local men when it comes to relationships. Calmer, more serious, better gentlemen, I don’t know. I knew one Thai girl for marriage who met a husband from the United States online and moved to the US a year ago, and I know that she is super happy with her family life right now. That’s why I wanted to meet a guy from a Western country, too.
How did you choose the dating site?
Oh, it took around 2 months! I started with Facebook, but it turned out it’s not the best option for Thai mailorder bride purposes. Too many scammers, too many men who only want to send their, you know, 18+ photos right away, not enough search tools… That’s why I contacted that Thai wife I mentioned 2 minutes ago—I asked her which website she used. She told me about Cuteasianwoman or something like that, I tried it and it was ok, but then I started reading the reviews and found Easternhoneys. It was a great, trusted Thai mail order bride site—and it’s also quite safe. That’s why I chose it.
Why do you want a foreign husband?
I don’t want to say Thai men are bad or something. They just lack some things I like about men. Maybe, I just didn’t meet the right man in my country yet, but it feels like they are not caring enough and not, you know, not “gentleman” enough. Not to mention it’s extremely hard to find a man with serious intentions in Thailand. American men are typically more serious about it, especially the ones who use Thai mail order brides websites.
Have you already communicated with Western men on dating sites?
Yes! I chatted with, like, 5 guys, and even met 1 guy from Florida in Bangkok last year! We had only one date, unfortunately—it turned out he didn’t want the same thing as I wanted. Nothing serious, just a one-night stand—that’s what he wanted, sadly. I’m not one of those, you know, easy Thai girls you can find on online dating platforms—I’m looking for a serious relationship online.
What do you like about Western men, and what do you not like?
I like how they treat our women, Thai wives. I know that most of them want to meet Thai brides to marry them, so they typically have serious intentions on international dating sites—that’s what I like. From what I’ve heard from other Thailand women, I also know that foreign men are usually more gentle and caring than guys from Thailand—and of course, I like it, too. I won’t talk about financial stability here—but it’s an essential factor for most Thai women, too. We are not gold-diggers or scammers! It’s just how our culture works—a man must be able to provide for his family. And American men fit this description much better.
What I don’t like—again, my experience as a Thai bride/Thai wife isn’t that much—is that some men confuse Thailand mail order brides with, you know, “bar girls.” If you want a bar girl, go to a bar. Thailand mail order brides aren’t easy, don’t waste your time.
People often worry about scams and fakes on dating sites. Is using mail order bride sites safe in your opinion?
I used Facebook for a few months and all I saw here were fake profiles and creep guys who thought of sending me a picture of their, well, you know. I then signed up on a Thai mail order bride site and I haven’t met any scammers or fake profiles there. I know, however, from other Thai brides, that sometimes, you can meet people who want to steal your money on online dating sites. I even heard a story about a girl who shared her code from a credit card (Waranya is talking about the CVV/CVC verification code—editor’s note) and lost all her money after that. I don’t know, but sharing such information doesn’t sound safe to me.
Waranya, can you help singles from the US understand Thai women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Thai woman, please.
I’m not the most experienced Thai bride in the world, as you might have guessed! But here is the rule that would certainly work for me: you need to have serious intentions to attract a Thai girl. I’m not talking about bar girls here, of course—if you want to find Thai brides, be ready to become an American groom, that’s what I can say.
I know some Thai girls who would also love to meet foreign men. Here’s what I know about their dating preferences:
- Some Thai ladies love gifts. Buy a bouquet on the first date, and your chances will increase automatically!
- Most Thai wives I know say it’s all about being treated with respect—for most of them, it was the main reason why they started dating foreign men. So, you should always treat Thai ladies with respect. It’s a must!
- Be confident. We love it when a man feels confident even on the first date, even in a new country. But it’s not just a Thai ladies’ thing, I believe.
Thanks, Waranya—this Thailand mail order bride is only 21 but she definitely nailed the topic for us. It turned out that everything is simple—just be confident, treat Thai girls with respect, have serious intentions (or at least don’t confuse bar girls with mail order Thai brides), and you’ll be great.
It’s quite surprising, however, that there are lots of guys searching for a one-night stand on Thailand brides websites—because beautiful Thai brides are surely not the girls who would have sex with you on the very first date. So one should not confuse the two.
Facts about marriages with Thai mail order brides
- Thailand girls get married quite early, but not too early—the average age at first marriage for charming Thai girls is 24.9 years old. Such a figure is quite typical for the region—women from Southeast Asia tend to get married earlier than women from developed Western countries or Eastern Asian region.
- Lots of men are interested in Thai mail order wives because they are sure these women want to have 3+ children. That’s not true—modern Thai women typically have 1-2 children (the total fertility rate in this country is 1.5).
- Many Thai women typically have their first child at the age of 27. There are lots of Thailand brides in their early 20s—like our interviewee, Waranya—but the fact they’re ready for marriage doesn’t mean they’re ready for children.
- The divorce rate in Thailand is quite low—it’s 1.4 divorces per 1,000 of the population. Just for comparison’s sake, it’s almost two times higher in the United States (2.7).
- The labor participation rate for Thai women is around 46% which means less than half of Thai women ages 15 and older are economically active. It’s a typical indicator for Southeast Asia—for example, the rate is 46% in another popular mail order brides country, the Philippines. It’s all about the economic situation—in developed Asian countries like China or Vietnam, the rate is much higher—60.5% in China and 79% (!) in Vietnam.
How much does a Thai bride cost?
First of all, no—you can not buy a Thai wife, of course. What you can do is pay for a Thai brides website, pay for a trip to Thailand, and pay for a K-1 visa. Here’s how much all these things cost.
- A Thai brides dating website—$80-$120 per month. Getting a Thai bride online is not that expensive, but the final monthly cost of an online dating site depends on several factors
- Tickets to Thailand—$800-$1,200 (round trip)
- Hotel room in Bangkok—$400-$800 for 2 weeks (depending on the season and on the hotel quality)
- Transportation—$150 for 2 weeks (including taxis and buses)
- Food—$200-$300 for 2 weeks
- Entertainment—$400-$500 for 2 weeks
If you’re only going to chat with a Thai bride online or to have something like long-distance “guest marriage” with rare meetings, this is all you need to know. If you, however, are going to bring a Thai girl to the United States, you’ll also need to pay for a K-1 visa, which will cost you around $2,200. After that, a Thai woman will be able to enter the United States.
Step-by-step guide on how to get Thai mail order bride
Now, when you know everything about the Thai bride cost, it’s time to talk about how to actually meet a Thai woman online. The guide is right here:
- First, choose a trusted Thai brides website. It’s very important to choose a safe and reputable dating site because if you sign up on a dating platform without a strong anti-scam protection system, your dating experience will be far from enjoyable.
- Visit site and create a dating profile on it. You will most likely be asked several questions during the registration—we highly recommend you answer these questions correctly because if you do everything right, you’ll get the best matches right away.
- Buy credits. Many Thai brides services are not free to use—well, that’s the price you pay for safety. This means you will need to buy credits or pay for a premium membership to chat with Thailand brides. Browsing the profiles of Thai women is usually free.
- Start chatting with hot Thai brides! You will meet thousands of hot Thai women for marriage on these sites, but we highly recommend you choose 3-5 ladies and focus on them. That’s how you’ll save money—don’t forget that you’ll need to pay for each message on most Thai brides sites. We also recommend using a live chat feature—it’s typically the cheapest communication option on such websites.
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. You can meet Thai women online and of course, American men can legally marry Thai women both in Thailand and in the United States. Once you propose to a Thai lady or marry her in her country, you can bring her to the United States—if she’s your bride, she’ll need to get a K-1 visa, and if she’s your wife, she’ll have to get a CR-1 visa. In both cases, a Thai lady will become a US permanent resident after arrival in the country. 3 years after her arrival, she’ll be able to become a citizen of the United States.
How to bring a Thai wife to the USA?
Around 900 American men married Thai women in 2019 and brought them to the United States on a K-1 visa—this kind of visa is the most common when it comes to international relationships. Here’s a short guide on getting a K-1 visa for your Thailand bride.
- First, make sure both you and your Thai girlfriend meet the requirements for a K-1 visa. You must be a US citizen (not a permanent resident), you must plan to get married within 90 days after the arrival, you must be able to legally marry in the US, and you must have met in person at least once during the last 2 years. If these requirements are met, proceed to the next step.
- File form I-129F (petition for foreign fiancée) with USCIS. Please, visit this page (official page of the US Department of State) to check which documents must be provided at this state.
- After that, the National Visa Center will send you a letter—once you receive it, your bride will need to complete Form DS-160 (visa application) and collect documents (passport, birth certificate, medical examination certificate, Affidavit of Support, photographs, evidence of relationship, payment of fees).
- After that, your bride will need to attend a visa interview—the interviewing officer will ask her questions about your relationship to make sure it’s real and genuine.
- When it’s done, she’ll be able to enter the United States!
How to avoid Thai mail order bride scam?
If you’re going to meet Thai brides, there’s another thing you need to be aware of—we’re talking about romance scams. Unfortunately, it’s still a huge problem on online dating sites—even with modern anti-scam protection systems, there are still some fake profiles and scammers on these platforms. The following rules are pretty simple and obvious—but they’ll protect you from losing money and getting scammed on Thai dating sites.
- Never send money to a single Thai lady. A real Thai mail order wife will never ask you for money—if a beautiful girl wants you to send her $50 or $1,000, it’s either a scammer who uses a fake profile or a gold-digger who only wants your money. In both cases, all you need to do is block and report a user.
- Choose mail order bride websites carefully. The wrong choice will result in you chatting with dozens of fake profiles and scammers—and we believe that’s not what you’re looking for. Read the reviews, test the sites with Thailand ladies, and listen to real users—it’s not that difficult to choose a trusted dating site, to be fair.
- Always make sure that all those gorgeous Thai women you’re chatting with are real—Google Reverse Image search is your best asset in doing this job.
- Never provide your financial information to other people. Your credit card number, CVV/CVC codes, PayPal password—all this information must not be revealed to people you met on dating sites.