Dating Puerto Rican Women: Step-By-Step Guide On How To Date Women From Puerto Rico
Here, you’ll find all the information you need regarding Puerto Rican women dating. The most interesting Puerto Rican woman characteristics, the most useful facts about Puerto Rican woman personality traits, dating tips, and the best ways to meet Puerto Rico girls—all the info is available on this page.
|Top cities to meet Puerto Rican singles||San Juan, Bayamon, Carolina|
|Average age of marriage||29.2 years old|
|Best dating site||LaDate|
|How to win their heart||Be confident and respectful, have a good sense of humor, be honest and loyal|
🇵🇷 3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Puerto Rican Women
🇵🇷 Find Puerto Rican Single Women
What are Puerto Rican women like?
Why is dating a Puerto Rican woman a great idea, and what are Puerto Rican women like? Here, we’ll talk about the top 3 Puerto Rican woman traits that make them a perfect choice for any Western man.
- Puerto Rican women are pretty traditional—if you wanted to know how are Puerto Rican women different from American women, this is probably the main difference between them. This is especially true when it comes to their family values—Puerto Rican girls are very family-centered, so your Puerto Rican bride will most likely get along with your parents easily. It’s a two-way street, so her family will be your family, too.
- They are not conservative or shy. Yes, Puerto Rican girls may be more traditional compared to other American women (especially non-Hispanics). However, it’s not like they still live in the 60s or 70s, when a man working full-time in 1 job could provide for the family. The situation has changed, and we can’t say that all Puerto Rican women want to be stay-at-home moms nowadays. If that’s how you want it to work, it will work like this, but if you want your Puerto Rican wife to make money and build a career, it’s not a problem.
- They are fun, flirty, and passionate. These are the qualities that make Puerto Rican women a perfect option for both online and offline dating because it’s very easy to date them even if you are not completely confident.
If these qualities are close to you, and you want to know even more exciting things about Puerto Rican women, just continue reading.
5 interesting facts about Puerto Rican women
- Puerto Rican women are not like other Caribbean ladies in terms of marriage age. The female median age at first marriage in Puerto Rico is 29.2 years (only in 4 American states women get married later).
- Puerto Rico has one of the highest divorce rates in the world—there are 3.61 divorces per 1,000 Puerto Rican inhabitants per year. It’s around 30% higher than the crude divorce rate in the United States (2.7 divorces per 1,000 population).
- Puerto Rican women have some of the lowest mean ages of mothers at first birth in the US (25.2 years old). This is not surprising at all, taking into account the Caribbean/Latin culture that makes women have children at an earlier age
- However, it doesn’t look like Puerto Rican women want to have many children. The TFR (total fertility rate) in Puerto Rico is incredibly low (0.9 children per 1 woman). The national TFR is almost twice as high as in Puerto Rico (1.6 vs. 0.9).
- Although the rate of those having a high school diploma or higher is not that high for Puerto Ricans (and for all Hispanics in general), they are very hard-working. In fact, Puerto Rico is the only territory/state in the United States with an average income for women higher than that of men (women’s median income is 103% of men’s).
How to meet a Puerto Rican woman?
Generally speaking, you have three main options for meeting a Puerto Rican woman: visit Puerto Rico, meet her in the US, and use dating sites.
- If you want to meet Puerto Rican girls, you can visit San Juan or Bayamon and approach women there. Puerto Rican girls are generally very open, fun, and flirty, so your chances of finding a girlfriend this way are not that low. The main problems here are that not all of them are fluent English speakers, and it’s actually not that easy to pick up a girl on the streets because you need to be really confident and great at making a connection to succeed. Another thing you need to understand is that Puerto Rico is not the cheapest place in the world. Thus, a round-trip ticket will cost you around $300, and a 1-week trip will cost around $1,300.
- Another thing you can do is approach the girls without going to San Jose. There are more than 1,600,000 Puerto Rican-origin people in the United States (outside of Puerto Rico); in New York, for example, there are more than 720,000 Puerto Ricans. So, if you’re good at picking up girls offline, you can go there. The problem here is that it’s impossible to understand if that girl walking across the street is actually a Puerto Rican, and asking “where are you from?” right away would be pretty weird.
- You can go online. There are lots of good dating sites where American men and foreign men can meet Puerto Rican women—you just need to choose a dating service and create a profile, that’s all. These sites are quite affordable (around $150 per month) and have a large dating pool. And, what’s more important, it’s much more convenient to meet Puerto Rican women online than offline.
All these options are available, so choose the one that suits your goals and go ahead.
Process of dating a Puerto Rican woman online: All you need to know
How to meet Puerto Rican women online? Here, you’ll find a full guide on how to meet a Puerto Rican woman on a dating site and how to start chatting with real ladies from Puerto Rico online.
The most important thing here is to choose a safe and reputable dating service with Puerto Rico singles. If you choose the wrong dating site, you will definitely lose time and (most likely) lose money, too. It’s extremely important to read all the expert reviews you can find to make the right choice. You should also pay special attention to the reputation of the site—if there are several negative reviews, it’s ok, but if there are lots of them, this is definitely suspicious.
There are thousands of incredibly beautiful single ladies on Puerto Rican dating websites, but chatting with them is not completely free—you’ll most likely need to buy credits to start a conversation. However, you do not need any credits to find a perfect match and browse thousands of profiles—typically, these tools are free.
When it comes to dating a Puerto Rican beauty, whether online or offline, you have to show respect. Rushing into sex (offline) or sexual conversations (online) is certainly not the right strategy for dating Puerto Rican girls. Remember that you need to be a true gentleman both on a real date and before meeting while chatting on a dating site. Remember that most Puerto Rico singles on these dating websites are pretty family-oriented ladies who search for a long–term relationship, not for one-night stands.
Most dating websites focused on Caribbean countries and South America are paid—you’ll have to pay to send messages and use a live chat, as well as all the other messaging tools. The good news here is that the absolute majority of these services have welcome bonuses. Here’s how it works: you sign up on a site, create a profile, and get free credits—after that, you can test all the features of this site for free. It’s a great feature for those who want to test a dating service without spending money right away.
To attract a Puerto Rican beauty, you need to look your best—this applies to both offline dating and chatting on international dating sites. Obviously, you need to upload some high-quality pictures (full body shots, smiling photos, selfies, photos that tell a story, etc.), but it’s not only about photos. You also need to write a catchy description—avoid cliches, focus on your best qualities, talk about your interests and hobbies, and don’t forget to mention your relationship goals.
Do’s and don’ts of dating a woman from Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is a US territory, but culturally, it’s very different from other American states. We are not talking about slight differences like the ones between Texas and California: in Puerto Rico they have a completely different dating culture. Here, we’ll talk about some very important things to know when dating a Puerto Rican woman.
- ✅ Learn Spanish. Both Spanish and English are official languages in Puerto Rico, but most locals don’t use English regularly. Of course, you will most likely not have any problems with the language barrier, but it’s always better to learn the language of your girlfriend in order to understand her better and to show that you’re serious about her.
- ✅ Dancing or playing the guitar may be a great idea. Dancing, for example, is typically used to express feelings in their dating culture, and playing the guitar is an old-fashioned but still good way to impress a lady from Puerto Rico. But of course, you don’t have to bring a guitar with you on the very first date—this will probably be a bit off.
- ✅ Learn how to impress her parents. You’ll have to meet her Puerto Rican parents pretty soon (it’s a very important part of the process of dating Puerto Rican women). It’s not that these ladies need parental approval in 100% of cases, of course, but as we already said, they are pretty family-oriented, so many women would like you to meet their parents before your relationship gets serious. Buy a gift, show that you’re responsible, be polite, and ask your girlfriend about how to impress her family—all this will help you show them that you’re the right guy.
- ✅ Be romantic. Take her to eat outside, buy roses, order her a chocolate box, and bring a small but meaningful gift—all these romantic acts are elementary and affordable, but they work perfectly with Puerto Rican women (especially the ones in their 20s or younger).
- ❌ Don’t stereotype them and don’t focus on their nationality. This rule applies to any lady from any country, actually. Women do not want to be stereotyped, and they certainly do not want to hear that you’re interested in them because of their nationality, not because of their personalities.
How to bring your Puerto Rican girlfriend to the US?
Puerto Rico is not an independent country or a US state—it’s a US territory. Puerto Rico isn’t represented in the United States Congress, and Puerto Ricans can’t vote in presidential elections, but most federal laws apply to this territory. The main thing here is that all people born in Puerto Rico after January 13, 1941, are citizens of the United States—so unless you’re interested in adult women in their 80s, your Puerto Rican girlfriend will not need a visa to enter the US. You just propose to her, marry her, and that’s all.
“The Puerto Rican dating scene may not be as diverse and large as the one in the US but dating a Puerto Rican woman is certainly a good idea. Puerto Ricans are fun, emotional, family-centered, and loyal—and what’s more, they are just gorgeous. It’s also much easier to marry a Puerto Rican lady than a Slavic, Asian, or Latin woman because Puerto Ricans are US citizens, so you won’t have to wait for 15 months until your K-1 visa is processed.”
F.A.Q. about dating Puerto Rican women
The best dating website for meeting single ladies from Puerto Rico is LaDate. There are lots of international dating sites, of course, but LaDate stands out from the crowd: it has a lot of detailed profiles, its interface is incredibly convenient and user-friendly, and it has a nice welcome bonus.
If you want to understand how to tell if a Puerto Rican woman likes you, it’s simple. Pay attention to her body language (twisting her curls, turning her body towards you, touching you, etc.) and listen to her—if she asks a lot of questions and gives compliments, this surely means something.
Puerto Rican women are generally pretty family-centered, so if you want your wife to be a stay-at-home mom in the future, that’s exactly what you can expect from a Puerto Rican lady. They are passionate, emotional, and sometimes jealous—but at the same time, they are extremely loyal to their husbands.