Costa Rican Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites To Find A Wife From Costa Rica
|🌏 Popular cities to meet Costa Rican brides:||San José, Cartago, Limon|
|💰 Average cost of Costa Rican bride:||$3,700-$4,500|
|⌛ Average age of Costa Rican bride:||25 years old|
|💑 Best Costa Rican dating site:||
|💌 Best Costa Rican mail order bride site:||
Going to get a Costa Rican bride but don’t know anything about ladies from this country? Want to know more about how much it costs to meet Costa Rican women online and offline? Here, you’ll find everything you need: guides, cost breakdowns, success stories, tips, etc. But the first thing you should read is the interview of a Costa Rican woman searching for a husband from the US.
Interview with Costa Rican mail order bride
Hello! My name is Sue. I’m 25 years old, I live in San Jose, and I’m an associate attorney. I’m also an Instagram blogger, but I only have 3,000 followers now. Recently, I’ve started using a mail bride website.
I want to be treated with respect, I want to find a caring man, and I want to find a guy who would be reliable. And I can’t get what I want in Costa Rica, unfortunately. I’m sure my story isn’t unique, and I’m sure there are lots of Costa Rica ladies who have similar reasons. It’s all about respectful, caring, and reliable Westerners (well, I believe they are really like that).
I asked some of my friends. There are lots of Costa Rican girls who use these sites, actually! I don’t know how many for sure, but I believe that tens of thousands of ladies are doing it right now. You always have someone to talk to in Costa Rica when it comes to dating Westerners! I asked 2 girls, and they told me about LoveFort and another dating website. I only tried the first one, but I was completely satisfied with it—it’s fast, smooth, it looks nice, and it has lots of real men. That’s basically all I need.
It’s all about our men. The problem is that they are sometimes trying too much when it comes to living up to the standards of a macho culture. Harassment (and it doesn’t even have to be sexual harassment), inappropriate things they say, viewing women as objects… There are lots of problems in our society, you know. And I just want to find a man who would treat me as an equal and respect me, but I don’t want to date dozens of men before I find a guy who would be respectful (that’s how it works in my country). Men are more respectful in America, I believe.
Yes, but I obviously haven’t found a husband yet. There was a guy from Montreal who even traveled to San Jose, and we had 2 dates, but it just… It just didn’t work, I don’t know. We liked each other, but we didn’t click, unfortunately. And there are several guys I chat with right now, but nothing serious there, too.
From my experience, I like the three things most. First, it’s how they treat women—all the guys I chatted with were very serious and very respectful. Second, it’s how caring they are. And third, it’s their loyalty. I mean, I don’t want to say that all American guys are 100% loyal, of course. But the problem of male infidelity is obviously not as serious in your country as it is in Costa Rica. In my country, men feel like it’s a competition, even when they are exclusive, they often feel like having a side chick is a good idea. But it’s not, actually.
For me, they are safe, yes. I haven’t met any fake profiles or scammers yet. I heard from some Costa Rican ladies who use these sites that there are lots of scammers on free dating sites, but when it comes to paid sites, the situation is better. They have great verification and moderators who block suspicious profiles, so I think if you’re using a paid dating app, you don’t have to worry about that. And well, I heard about some Costa Ricans who sent money to scammers without any doubts—but I’m not sure if sending money to someone you met online is a good idea. Like, come on, just don’t send money to strangers, and you’ll be fine!
It’s not that difficult, I’m sure. Most Costa Rican women are searching for a guy who would treat them as equal, respect them, protect them, and support them. Give them what they want, be a gentleman, be confident, and you’ll attract all those beautiful Costa Rican women easily. That’s what I think. Well, at least that’s how it works for my friends and me, but I believe that most single Costa Rican ladies have similar requirements.
As Sue has just said, most Costa Rican mail order brides have pretty similar requirements when it comes to dating: being respectful and loyal, showing support and confidence, and being romantic. But first of all, it’s about treating Costa Rican girls as equals—unfortunately, that’s what they often lack when it comes to today’s dating scene in this country. So if you are still interested in these women, Let’s find out more about them.
Facts about marriages with Costa Rican mail order brides
Let’s continue talking about dating Costa Rican women. First, let’s take a look at some facts related to marriage and divorce in this country—if you want to understand Costa Rican brides better, this will be useful for you.
- There are many stereotypes about South and Central American women, and one of them is about them having 3+ children. But it’s not true when it comes to Costa Rican wives. The fertility rate in Costa Rica is similar to the one in the United States—it’s only 1.6 children per woman, and it’s constantly decreasing.
- The divorce rate in Costa Rica is similar to that in the US, too—it’s around 50%. This may have something to do with a low first-marriage age in this country: Costa Ricans get married fast, and they just don’t have enough time to get to know the person they get married to better.
- The average age at first marriage is quite low. An average Costa Rican woman gets married when she’s 25.3 years old, which is much younger than in the absolute majority of Western countries.
- The average age at first childbirth is lower than in the US and other Western countries, too—it’s only 26 years old for Costa Rican women.
As you can see, Costa Rican ladies are quite different from Western ones.
So, here are the TOP-5 Costa Rican Dating Sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a Costa Rican bride cost?
First things first, you don’t “buy” Costa Rica brides. The process is similar to dating in the US, actually, but with some differences. One of the main differences is the money you’ll need to pay for dating Costa Rican brides—that’s what some people often call “buying” a bride, but it’s not actually “buying”, of course.
First of all, you’ll have to pay for a dating website. Most Costa Rican brides platforms are not free to use. Let’s take a look at LoveFort (the website Sue is using).
This site has several credit packages available. Here they are:
- 20 credits cost $9.99
- 50 credits cost $19.99
- 125 credits cost $44.99
- 250 credits cost $69.99
- 750 credits cost $149.99
What about the features and premium tools? Well, you’ll need to pay 2 credits to chat with a Costa Rican girl for 1 minute, 30 credits to send her an email, and 50 credits to watch that hot video she sends you. The good news is that if you’re a new user, you’ll be able to buy 20 credits for only $2.99 instead of $9.99. It’s a welcome bonus most Costa Rican brides websites have.
But dating sites are not everything. You will also have to meet all those hot Costa Rican brides in person. What’s more, you’ll probably need to pay for a K-1 visa if you’re going to bring one of those beautiful Costa Rican women to the US. So here’s a cost breakdown for you:
- Dating website—$100-$200 per month
- Tickets—$100-200 for tickets to San Jose
- Hotel room—$45-90 per day ($630-$1,260 for 2 weeks)
- Transportation (taxis, buses)—$20 per day ($280 for 2 weeks)
- Food—$20 per day ($280 for 2 weeks)
- Entertainment—$22 per day ($308 for 2 weeks)
- K-1 visa—at least $2,040 (including the Adjustment of Status fees)
Want to try other dating platforms with Costa Rican women? Then, you just can’t miss La-date and ColombiaLady. These two platforms are incredibly popular, trusted, and they have a perfect reputation. La-Date is simple and convenient, while ColombiaLady is a top-notch platform with a video chat, a voice call feature, and other extra tools.
🇨🇷 Find Costa Rican Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get Costa Rican mail order bride
If you’re going to date Costa Rican women online, it’s a great choice because meeting foreign ladies online is much more convenient and faster than meeting them in their cities. Here’s a short step-by-step guide on how to start dating girls from Costa Rica online.
- Choose the best Costa Rican brides platform. Read the reviews carefully: that’s the most important part of the whole guide. Always read what experts say about these sites, and of course, test them yourself.
- Utilize the bonuses. Most Costa Rican bride platforms offer free credits or discounts for new members. Don’t skip these bonuses—they can help you test a dating site without spending your own money.
- Make an impressive profile. Upload your best pictures that would tell a story about you, write a catchy description, and pay for a premium subscription even if you’re using a free Costa Rican bride platform. Premium users always get more.
- Chat. Be respectful, show that you have serious intentions, and be romantic. Costa Rican women value respect most, as Sue said, so pay special attention to that.
- Bring that Costa Rican woman to the US or meet her in her country. Do whatever you want but don’t waste your time, that’s the point here. If you’re really interested in finding a Costa Rican wife, meet her in person: falling into the online dating trap is surely not what you’re looking for, right?
By the way, if you want to find even more trusted dating platforms with hot&real Costa Rican women, take a look at this list. Each website here was tested by our experts, and each of them is 100% worth a shot.
Success stories with Costa Rican mail order brides
Still don’t think it’s possible for an American man to attract and marry a Costa Rican girl? Well, it actually is. Just take a look at these stories of real people who found love on Costa Rican dating platforms.
Eugene signed up on La Date in 2019 when he decided it was the right time to change his life and find the love of his life. In short, they had a lot in common, they were interested in similar things, and they even had a similar hobby—it’s pure luck that they met each other, really. Three months after online chatting, they first met in person, and after their 2nd date, Eugene proposed to Samantha. They married in a month, and since 2020, they have lived together in his home in Montana.
Luciana and Daniel met on a dating site only 3 months ago, in 2023, so it’s obvious they are not a married couple yet. However, their relationship is moving really quickly, and 3 weeks after their first online communication, Daniel booked a ticket to San Jose. He met Luciana in person and today, they continue chatting online—the dates were perfect, as they say; they are just not looking for marriage right now. But it’s not only about online dating for them because both Luciana and Daniel have serious plans. For example, they are going to meet each other in person every 2 months in order to make their long-distance relationship work. Well, let’s wish them good luck!
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. It’s 100% legal to meet Costa Rican brides both online and offline. You can travel to Costa Rica legally, and you can also date any girl from this country. What’s more, you can marry Costa Rican girls too, and it’s obvious that Costa Rican brides can also enter the United States and get married to American men.
How to bring a Costa Rican wife to the USA?
Bringing Costa Rican brides to the US is legal, but it’s not that easy. The whole process of getting a K-1 visa (the most common visa for international marriages) is pretty time-consuming. However, you don’t have too many options to choose from—it’s either a K-1 visa or a CR-1 visa, and getting any of them is a time-consuming and effort-taking process. In general, it takes around 13 months before a foreign woman gets her K-1 visa.
Here’s a short guide on getting a K-1 visa for you:
- First, you make sure you are eligible for sponsorship. Your income must be at least 100% of the federal poverty guidelines, and you must be a US citizen.
- File Form I-129F (visa petition) and pay the fee ($535).
- Your bride will need to file the DS-160 form after that (the fee is $265).
- When it’s processed, she’ll need to attend the visa interview, and if everything goes right, she’ll get a visa.
- After that, she’ll be able to enter the US. You’ll need to marry her within 90 days of her arrival.
- The last step here is getting a Green Card. The process is called Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) and the fee is $1,140.
After completing all these steps, you can finally live happily ever after with your Costa Rican wife.
How to avoid Costa Rican mail order bride scam?
The absolute majority of Costa Rican women you will meet online will be real and honest—especially if you choose trusted dating websites with a good reputation. However, you need to understand that when it comes to online dating, there always will be many scammers. They don’t even need to be from Costa Rica. Some of them are from China, India, or Russia. They create fake accounts trying to steal your money from you.
The good news is that it’s not that difficult to minimize the risks of getting scammed. So read the following list in order to be aware of the most popular scams you may face when dating beautiful Costa Rican brides online.
- Fake dating websites. They look like real websites where you can meet Costa Rican ladies, but all the profiles (or the majority of them) are run by the website teams. They won’t scam you directly, but they will make you pay for infinite online communication that will never turn into a real relationship.
- Blackmail. If you send something inappropriate to Costa Rican women online, this can backfire. If you are not 200% sure that all those Costa Rican ladies you’re chatting with are real, please, don’t send pictures and videos you wouldn’t want to be published.
- Fake Costa Rican singles trying to steal your money or financial information. Some “Costa Rican women” will ask you directly (“Send me $100, please”), and others will try to steal your PayPal password or credit card info, but the result is always the same.
- Real Costa Rican beauties focused on your money, not your personality. Unfortunately, there are some real Costa Rican women who only want to find a rich gringo to pay for all their needs, too. But there are gold diggers in every nation, so it’s not only specific to Costa Rica, of course.
As we’ve said before, minimizing the risks while dating beautiful Costa Rican girls online is not the most difficult task. First, you need to use only trusted Costa Rican mail order bride services. There are many online dating platforms with a good reputation, and it’s highly recommended to stick to them because they protect their users and often have an ID/video verification service. Second, you should always trust your gut—if a 10/10 Costa Rica bride says she loves you and you don’t even have a profile picture, it’s probably not a real girl. Finally, you should never send money to women you have never met in person—it’s not a Costa Rican thing only, this rule works for every other country, as well.