Colombian Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Colombia
Who are Colombian mail order brides? What do Colombian women love about American men? How much does it cost to bring a Colombian girl from her country to the United States? And how to meet real Colombian ladies? Here, our team of experts and I will answer all of your questions about dating and meeting these women.
|❤️ Success Rate||88%|
|🌏 Popular Colombian cities with brides||Cartagena, Bogota, Medellin|
|💰 Average cost of Colombian bride||$2,300 — $3,750|
|⌛ Average age of Colombian bride||24 y.o.|
|💑 Best Colombian dating site|
|💌 Best Colombian mail order bride site|
|💔 Average divorce rate||~22%|
|⚖️ Is it legal?||Yes|
But first, let’s talk with Claudia. Claudia is a real Colombian girl who uses online dating sites and wants to meet an American man—and she’ll answer all our questions right now!
Interview with Claudia—a Colombian mail order bride
Listen to Colombian brides, make them laugh, don’t be late to the date, and don’t stereotype them—it looks like these are the basic rules on attracting Colombian brides (or at least on attracting Claudia from Medellin). She says that most Colombian women she knows want to find a foreign partner to get some respect and because they think that foreigners are real gentlemen—so don’t ruin this stereotype for them, and you’ll succeed easily.
But that’s not all you should know about gorgeous Colombian women, obviously. Here, we’ll continue talking about dating Colombian ladies, about how much it actually costs, about how to get your Colombian wife to the US, and about other useful things. Let’s start!
Facts about marriages with Colombian mail order brides
- Colombian girls have traditional views on the importance of marriage—they prefer getting married earlier instead of cohabiting. Thus, the median first marriage age of Colombian women is only 24 years old while in most developed countries, this age is around 28-30 years old.
- Colombia has an extremely low divorce rate—it’s only 9% here. However, this doesn’t mean Colombians are always loyal to their partners—thus, Colombian men often don’t see anything wrong in cheating on their wives. That’s another reason why Colombian women want to meet a foreigner, by the way.
- Colombian women tend to have children in their late 20s—the mean age of childbearing in this country is almost 27 years old. The fertility rate is also quite low here (it’s only 1.77)—so the stereotype about young Colombian brides who want to have a lot of children as soon as possible is far from reality.
How much does a Colombian bride cost?
You CAN’T buy a Colombian girl. There is no marketplace with Colombian brides. We are sure it’s obvious, and this disclaimer wasn’t necessary, but still.
So, what does it mean to “buy” a Colombian woman, like some people say? Basically, it’s traditional online dating where you chat with Colombian women online, set up some dates, go to their country, and meet them in person. The only difference—and the only reason why it’s called “to buy”—is that you’ll have to pay for a lot of things, from the dating website to the K-1 visa (it’s most likely you who’ll pay, let’s be realistic).
So, how much does it cost to meet a Colombian girl and to bring her to the United States?
- A dating website with Colombian brides—$100-$120 per month. It depends on a lot of factors—some sites have a video chat feature which is quite expensive, the others (like LoveFort, the service Claudia uses) have a credit system which allows the users to save money. But most of the time, the dating sites with Colombian brides cost around $100 per month.
- Tickets to Colombia—$250-$300 (round-trip). Depends on a lot of factors, too.
- A 2-week trip to the country—$600-$1,000 (food, transportation, entertainment, hotel room included)
- The wedding—anything from $4,000 to $20,000
- A K-1 visa to get your Colombian bride to the US—$2,200 (together with permanent resident status application)
If you want to meet a real Colombian woman, we highly recommend using LoveFort—it’s a trusted dating service with a lot of extra features and with thousands of verified accounts of Colombian wives. However, that’s not the only online dating platform you can use—ColombiaLady and La-Date are equally good and worth trying, too!
🇨🇴 Find Colombian Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get Colombian mail order bride
Tens of thousands of Colombian mail order wives are searching for a foreign man right now—and you can find a real Colombian girl, too. It’s really that easy—just follow this short and simple guide and it’s done!
- Choose a dating service with Colombian brides. Be careful and read all the reviews, please—you’ll enjoy your online dating experience only if you choose a trusted and reputable Colombian bride website.
- Create a profile to attract as many Colombian ladies as possible. Make sure you upload some recent photos, write an interesting profile description, and answer all the questions during the registration—that’s how you’ll get more attention from real Colombian wives!
- Buy some credits—most Colombian bride sites are not free for male users. However, there are lots of services with cool bonus packages—LoveFort, for example, offers all the new users 30 free credits!
- Start chatting with Colombian ladies. Use all the communication tools available, especially the ones that allow you to see a Colombian woman you’re chatting with in real time. Such communication tools as video chat help spot scammers and fake profiles!
- Set up a date and don’t wait for too long—a long-distance relationship might work well, but if your goal is to find a real Colombian bride, we recommend you meet her as soon as possible.
Is using Colombian bride sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. If you want to meet or date a Colombian woman offline or online, you can do it without any legal problems. If you want to marry a Colombian woman in her country or in the United States, you can do it easily, too. The only problem is that the process of K-1/CR-1 visa approval is quite time-consuming—you’ll need to wait around 12 months until your Colombian wife or bride is allowed to enter the United States. After that, however, she’ll be able to enter the country legally and to get a green card. In three years, your Colombian wife will be able to become a citizen of the United States of America!
How to bring a Colombian wife to the USA?
Getting your Colombian wife to the US is quite time-consuming, as we’ve just said—and as we’ve said earlier, it’s also quite costly (around $2,200, which includes K-1 visa and application for permanent resident status). But what exactly you’ll have to do to bring a Latin woman to the US? The process is described here—step by step!
- First, you’ll need to file the Form I-129F. It’s a petition for alien fiance(e)—the USCIS will perform criminal/national security checks on both you and your bride before the approval of the Form. The approval is only the first step and it doesn’t mean that your bride can enter the United States.
- Now, you’ll need to complete DS-160 Form—you will have to provide such documents as an Affidavit of Support (I-134), tax returns (returns for the last 3 years will be perfect), and an approved I-129F package to the US embassy. Your bride will need to provide certain documents as well (photos, birth certificate, passport, police clearance, medical exam form).
- Then, she’ll need to attend the visa interview. There are lots of rumors about the K-1 interview, but here’s the truth for you: if your relationship is real and you have proofs (photos, emails, calls, tickets, etc)—you have nothing to worry about.
- After that, your bride will be able to enter the US—please, don’t forget that you will have to marry within 90 days after arrival.
How to avoid the Colombian mail order bride scam?
First of all, here’s a thing you need to understand: there are lots of romance scammers on dating sites. The sites with Colombian wives are not an exception—there are lots of scammers on all online dating services, both the ones with Western women and the ones with Latin girls. However, there is another thing you should understand.
This thing sounds like this: you don’t need to worry about scammers if you follow some basic safety rules. The point is, romance scammers (the ones who use dating websites to steal money) are not the smartest in the room. They use the same old techniques, they are typically very direct, and they usually have no time talking you into sending them money. Their motto is quantity, not quality—so if you follow some basic rules, you will never lose your money on a dating website. Here are these rules:
- Never send money to Colombian beauties you meet on a dating site. This rule must be applied for all mail order brides from all the countries of the world, actually. If a mail order bride asks you for money, it’s 100% a scammer. Just block her and report her profile, that’s all.
- Always check if a Colombian beauty you’re chatting with is a real person. Google the pictures of Colombian females and always use video chat if possible—it’s an expensive feature, yeah, but it’s certainly worth the money.
- Choose only trusted dating agencies/websites with a lot of positive reviews. You can choose LoveFort or Ladate, of course, but if you want to do your own research, go for it—just make sure you’re good at spotting fake user reviews. Test the websites, read every review you can find, and trust your gut—if a website doesn’t feel right, it’s most likely not worth the money.
You know the basics, the rules, and even some specialties about Colombian dating. Now we can just recommend using your knowledge on practice! Good luck from all our team and from me personally, as I, being a big fan of all Latin cultures, know how exciting your Latin dating journey can be.
Yes. More than 1,000 Colombian women marry American men every single year, and most of them meet their partners on online dating platforms. The most popular Colombian dating services have tens of thousands of women from this country—most of them verify their identity by providing their government-issued documents to the customer support specialists. That’s why you can be sure you’re chatting with a real person if she has a Verified badge on her profile.
Thanks to mail order bride websites, you can do it without even leaving your home. All you have to do is choose a reliable mail bride platform, buy some credits or a premium subscription, and start chatting with real Colombian brides. After that, ask them on real dates—it’s totally legal for American men to date and marry women from Colombia, so you’ll be able to visit this country and to marry a woman there.
Yes. All you need to do is create a profile on a Colombian/Latin mail order bride website, that’s all. After that, you’ll be able to chat with thousands of real women from Colombia and other Latin American countries. Most of the ladies you can meet on these sites will be genuinely interested in dating a foreigner, so you’ll probably be surprised with an extremely high response rate on mail order bride platforms.
Yes. You can meet Colombian mail order brides in their country, date, propose her and marry in Colombia, or bring her to the United States and marry there. The only difference is the type of visa she’ll need to get—if you marry her in Colombia, it’s a CR-1 visa, and if you’re going to marry her in the US within 90 days of her arrival, a K-1 visa will work best for you.