Dating Jamaican Women: Step-by-Step Guide on How to Date Women from Jamaica
What makes a Jamaican woman unique? Do they really make great partners, and why? How can you succeed when dating a Jamaican woman, and where can you meet these ladies? Continue reading—in this full guide, you’ll find literally all the answers to your questions and even more.
|🌇 Top cities to meet Jamaican singles
|Kingston, Spanish Town, Portmore
|💍 Average age of marriage
|33.2 years old
|❤️ Best Jamaican women dating site
|👩❤️👨 How to win their heart
|Romantic gestures, chivalry, gifts, respect, loyalty
3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Jamaican Women
🇯🇲 Find Jamaican Single Women
What are Jamaican women like?
- Jamaican women are very open-minded. Jamaican girls, especially the younger ones in their 20s, want to expand their horizons; they are non-judgmental and open to experimenting. This is one of the reasons why they are so easy to date—they simply have no prejudice against international or interracial dating.
- They have a strong personality. A Jamaican woman is a strong woman who knows what she wants, she’s most likely very confident (but not too self-assured), and she’s most likely independent, both financially and mentally.
- They are really passionate in a relationship and very expressive. It’s a good thing, on the one hand—you’ll never get bored with your Jamaican girlfriend, and she will always know how to spice your relationship up. On the other hand, some people may call Jamaican women too loud, and some may say it’s hard to calm them down when they’re mad. Well, all this is not far from reality.
- They are incredibly family-centered, and just like with the previous quality, it may be both a good and a bad thing. They make great mothers, they are more serious about relationships than Western women, they are committed, and they are perfectly loyal to their husbands. This was a good thing. The bad thing here is that sometimes, they are too family-oriented, often to the extent that you’ll have to let her second cousins live at your house when they’re in your city because they are family, too.
- They are really sexy and gorgeous. Many Jamaicans you meet on dating sites will be extremely fit and hot, which is not surprising. Jamaican women are typically not only naturally beautiful but also spend a lot of time in a gym and know a lot about diets, so you’ll meet many girls in great form there.
5 interesting facts about Jamaican women
- 287 Jamaican women got a K-1 visa in 2021, and this may look like a very low number. But in fact, it’s 0.01% of the population of the country (2,800,000). If the Philippines, for example, had such a percentage, there would be 11,300 K-1 visa holders instead of the real numbers (4,500)—and the Philippines is the most popular mail order bride country in the world, so taking into account the scale, we can safely say that Jamaica is not as small on the map of mail order brides as it’s commonly believed!
- Jamaican girls tend to get married quite late. Thus, according to some sources, this country has the highest average marriage age for women in the world (33.2 years old). According to the data we could find, most marriages in the country are among people in the age group of 30-39 years old. Some specialists think that the main reason why they marry in their 30s is that Jamaicans take marriage very seriously. Economic reasons matter, too—often, people in their 20s simply can’t afford marriage.
- The divorce rate in Jamaica is around 20% right now, which is quite a high rate according to local specialists. However, in the United States, for example, it’s twice as high—another evidence that Jamaican people are very serious about marriage.
- Jamaican girls, like most Caribbean women, tend to have fewer children today than a few years or a few decades ago. Today, the TFR (total fertility rate) in Jamaica is only 1.4 children per 1 woman. In the United States, for example, it’s much higher (1.7).
- They are very educated—or at least, they are much more educated than local men. 40% of Jamaican women go into tertiary education institutions. Meanwhile, only 17.5% of Jamaican men are receiving tertiary education (colleges, universities, institutes).
How to meet a Jamaican woman?
Wondering how to meet Jamaica girls? Well, there are three main options you have: you can meet them in Jamaica, you can meet them in the US, and you can meet them online.
The first option is the most fun one, but it’s also the most stressful, the most expensive, and the most time-consuming option at the same time. A 1-week trip to Jamaica will cost you around $2,200 ($400 for the tickets and around $1,800 for the trip) while there’s no guarantee you’ll find a Jamaican girl who would be glad to have a relationship with you. You’ll most likely meet a lot of girls interested in a hookup, but nothing more serious than that.
The second option is not that fun, to be fair. But it’s much cheaper. There are a lot of Jamaicans in the United States—mostly in New York (315,000), in Florida (311,000), and in Connecticut (60,000). You can just go there and approach them in nightclubs, bars, on the streets, or on Tinder. It’s not that expensive (especially if you already live there), but you need to understand that Jamaican Americans are often more Westernized, less religious, and less traditional than those who live in Jamaica, so if you’re interested in dating a Jamaican woman because of these factors, this might not be the right choice for you.
Online dating is the third option available, but we believe that it’s the #1 option you have to try. There are a lot of international dating platforms with thousands of Jamaican girls—all you need to do is choose the right website, sign up, and start chatting. These sites are not free to use: they’ll cost you around $100-$150 per month on average. However, they are 100% worth it because they offer a large dating pool and a lot of real Jamaican women interested in a relationship with a foreign man.
Process of dating Jamaican woman online: All you need to know
Here’s a short guide on dating a Jamaican woman: read it, and you’ll learn how to start a relationship with a lady from this country.
Read the reviews, test the websites yourself, and pay special attention to the quality of profiles. The profiles must look real, and it would be perfect if a dating site had an ID verification service—in this case, you can be 100% sure you’re chatting with real people.
Although most dating websites offer a certain kind of welcome bonus for new users, you’ll still have to purchase credits or a premium subscription sooner or later. Even if you’re using a free dating service, it’s still recommended to buy a premium subscription because, in this case, you’ll get much more profile views and responses.
Show respect, talk about your feelings (but be straightforward and don’t play games with them), compliment and praise their beauty, character traits, and other things, etc. Remember that most ladies using such websites are focused on a serious relationship, so you need to be serious about it, too.
Typically, international dating sites offer a lot of premium services: some of them have a video call service, others offer a real gift delivery, etc. These features are not as affordable as a live chat, for example, but they are definitely worth the money because they are just great for those who want to spice up a long-distance relationship.
Remember that sooner or later, you have to meet that girl you’re chatting with. Some men fall into an online dating trap where they chat with a certain girl for months and even years before they meet her. You don’t want to waste your time, so if you feel it’s the right time to ask her out, just do it.
Do’s and don’ts of dating women from Jamaica
Want to know more about meeting Jamaican women? Continue reading—here, we’ll tell you what to do and what not to do to succeed while dating a girl from this country.
What to do?
- ✅ Always be romantic with her. Surprise gifts and romantic date ideas work perfectly with Jamaican ladies (as well as the absolute majority of Hispanic and Caribbean women, to be fair). They love thoughtful gifts—personalized jewelry, a love letter, her favorite perfume, a cute pillow, a preserved red rose, the choice is extremely wide, actually.
- ✅ Be confident, every Jamaican woman likes it. Jamaican men are very confident when hitting on women, and it’s a part of their culture, so Jamaican ladies are used to a certain level of confidence when it comes to dating. You don’t need to be a “macho,” though—it’s important not to overdo it. Be confident, watch her body language (it’ll help you see if she’s interested), make eye contact, dress your best, and probably learn some dance moves in advance because Jamaican women love dancing, and the chances you’ll get to the dance floor on a date are pretty high.
- ✅ Praise the food she cooks! The good news is that Jamaicans love good food, and they know a lot about it, so you will not have to pretend anything here. And if you are not impressed with curry goat or fried dumplings, well, it’s probably not the best time and place for being brutally honest.
- ✅ Be respectful of her culture. Jamaican culture is very rich and diverse; they have a lot of interesting cultural traditions, and it’s a really interesting mix of the cultures of original Jamaican inhabitants and European colonists.
- ✅ Bring her parents a gift. The point is, you will have to meet her parents quite soon if both of you are focused on a serious relationship. A gift will not “buy” them, but it will certainly help you make a good first impression. Ask your girlfriend about what exactly will please them.
What not to do?
- ❌ Do not flirt with other women. Jamaican girls are loyal, but they can be incredibly jealous, and that’s surely not what you want to experience. Just don’t give her a reason to be jealous, and you’ll be ok.
- ❌ Do not send money to that Jamaican woman you’ve met online. This is most likely a scammer, so if someone asks you for money on a dating site, block them and report them to the customer support of the website.
- ❌ Do not offer to split the bill on the first date. In this country, it’s a man who pays for the date (at least for the first dates).
- ❌ Do not dress like a typical American tourist in Jamaica. Athletic shoes or sandals with white socks, a T-shirt with an American flag, shorts—all this screams “American tourist,” and a local girl would probably not want to be seen with a guy who looks like that because this will lead to certain rumors.
Thanks to this list, you now know the main taboos and how to behave, so you will definitely succeed.
How to bring your Jamaican girlfriend to the US?
You can bring her to the US legally on a K-1 visa. Here’s a short step-by-step guide:
- Meet your girlfriend in person and take as many photos and videos as possible—they will serve as proof during the visa interview.
- Confirm your and your girlfriend’s eligibility: You must be in a real, legitimate relationship, your income must be at least 100% of the federal poverty guidelines, and your past marriages must be legally ended.
- File Form I-129F (visa petition) and wait for 6-15 months—that’s how long it takes to process the petition.
- Then, your bride will have to file Form DS-160 (visa application), print the confirmation page, and bring it to her visa interview. The purpose of the interview is to make sure your relationship is “bona fide” and it’s not a visa fraud. If you truly love each other and have plans, you have nothing to worry about.
- After the interview, your bride will be able to enter the US. You will have to marry within 90 days of her arrival. After that, she’ll become a US permanent resident, and 3 years after that, she’ll be able to become a US citizen.
It sounds complicated, but step by step, everything turns out to be quite simple; after all, you can always use the help of professionals to fill out documents.
“Is it really a good idea to get a Jamaican girlfriend? I believe that it is. They are beautiful, emotional, and very interesting to talk to. Jamaican women are educated and fun, romantic, and very loyal to their husbands—so I see no reason why you should not date them. Especially when it’s that easy: you just choose a dating site, create a profile, and chat with real women in Jamaica in 1-2 minutes.”
F.A.Q. about dating Jamaican women
The best website for dating a Jamaican woman right now is. It’s a very convenient dating platform with a lot of real Jamaican girls (most of them are interested in serious relationships). The website has a nice welcome bonus for new users, so you’ll be able to test all its features for free!
Yes, Jamaican women like Westerners in general and American men in particular—they are open-minded, and they have no prejudice against international dating. However, you won’t be worshiped there because of your citizenship: Jamaican ladies are strong, independent, and definitely not “easy.”
English is the official language of this country, but they don’t speak it as a native language. They learn it in school, so most Jamaicans will probably understand you and even be able to answer your questions, but you shouldn’t expect them to be fluent speakers. However, this doesn’t apply to young ladies from the biggest Jamaican cities—they usually speak English quite well, so you will not have any serious problems with the language barrier there.