Japanese Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Japan
I’ve always been fascinated with Japanese women.
Mysterious and charming, exceptionally feminine – to the point where some of you may even think it’s uncomfortable – and very beautiful, but extremely hard-working and career-oriented… Japanese women deserve much more praise than they get.
Here, I’ll tell you all I know about Japanese brides, dating sites, and legal issues of getting a Japanese bride to the US.
|❤️ Success Rate||91%|
|🌏 Popular Japanese cities with brides||Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka|
|💰 Average cost of Japanese bride||$3300 — $7500|
|⌛ Average age of Japanese bride||23 y.o.|
|💑 Best Japanese dating site||EasternHoneys|
|💌 Best Japanese mail order bride site||TheLuckyDate|
|💔 Average divorce rate||26%|
|⚖️ Is it legal?||Yes|
As for the questions about the character traits of these women and their motivation – I believe we need to listen what a Japanese woman will say about it.
Meet Xuemei – a 22 year Japanese mail order bride from Tokyo who’ll tell you (and me) her story and all the truth about Japanese brides!
Interview with Japanese mail order bride
Who are you?
I’m Xuemei – it’s a Chinese name, not Japanese, my mom is from Beijing, that’s why. I’m 22 years old. Despite my name, I’ve never been to China – I’ve lived in Tokyo all my life. I’m a piano teacher – a professional teacher, I mean, I’m studying at Ochanomizu University right now and I make money helping people mastering piano online. 3 months ago, I signed up on EasternHoneys – so that’s why I call myself a Japanese mail order bride.
Why did you become a mail order bride?
First of all, I’m not new to online dating. I always used dating apps, like Pairs, Tapple, Omiai, and others, to find interesting people to chat with. We don’t use such apps only to find a partner, it’s a very common practice here to find friends in dating apps. But these apps also work nice for romantic partner, of course. I wanted to meet a guy from America, so I just decided to try some international dating sites.
How did you find a mail order bride website?
I just googled something like “dating website to meet an American” or something similar. Some of the sites I found were paid and had a token… nanka (“wait”, a filler word in Japanese – editor’s note), not a token, a credit system or something like that. I wanted to find a dating site free for women, obviously. The others were just… I created a profile and got 0 messages and 0 responds to my messages. That’s when I realized I don’t clearly understand how mail order bride websites work so I simply read some expert guides and chose EasternHoneys. It’s nice, it’s free (only for women – editor’s note), and there are many real people here. I like it.
Why do you want a foreign husband?
Because Japanese people… Japanese men, I mean, they just don’t want to create a family. They prefer to be single, it’s a real problem we have here in Japan. I mean, they are nice and all that, but if you want to get married, if you want a wedding ceremony, children, and happy family life… They just don’t want it anymore. I know a lot of Japanese girls who meet foreign men because of it. That’s why I want to find a foreign husband, actually – because I think that family is extremely important but local guys don’t share the same views.
Have you already met someone?
Yes! I created a profile on this dating service 3 months ago and already talked to, like, 9 or 10 men from the US. They all are really nice and gentle, and they wanted serious relationships! I even almost met one guy, Jonathan, from New York – we almost decided to meet in Japan, but then he just deleted his profile. I don’t know what happened to him but I hope he’s ok. So, I continue searching for my man :)
What do you like about Western men and what you don’t like?
I’m not that experienced, I mean, I only talked to several men from the USA and never met them in person… But I can answer this question, I think. The thing I like most about foreign men is that they are much more serious when it comes to the relationship than the guys from Japan. Maybe it’s about the age – I mostly communicated with the guys in their 20s in Japan while men on the dating sites are usually a bit older – I don’t know. What I know is that they want serious, long-term relationships – and that’s what I love about them. As for the “what you don’t like” question… I don’t know, sorry. No idea.
People often worry about scams and fakes on dating sites. Is using mail order bride sites safe in your opinion?
Yes, yes! I met a scammer once! He pretended to be a guy from New York who wanted to send me money – I didn’t want it but he convinced me to give my Paypal for a few days… I felt that it wasn’t right, googled it, and realized that it’s a popular online dating scam – if I gave him my Paypal, he would then ask me to send him a commission, and then, he would just get lost! I contacted customer support and they blocked this guy in a few minutes.
I think it’s safe, yes! But you must always be careful. It’s like driving a car – it’s safe, but only if you pay attention to what’s going on around you.
Xuemei, can you help singles from the US understand Japanese women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Japanese woman, please.
Oh, of course! I can’t speak for all Japanese women, obviously, but most of Japanese girls I know would agree with me on this list. Or at least on 1 or 2 points from it.
First, don’t think we’re cold, please! Yes, we don’t expose our feelings too much, but that doesn’t mean we’re cold! You can just ask if you are not sure what does your Japanese bride feel. And don’t forget to learn how to read the air (a Japanese concept of feeling the atmosphere and understanding what people mean but don’t speak).
Then, be sweet and gentle. Most of us were raised like princesses, you know – and being a gentleman will help you impress most Japanese women.
And another one – always be confident. We have enough guys who lack self-confidence in our country, really.
Dating Japanese brides should be much easier now with all the info provided by Xuemei. Let’s make a short conclusion:
- Most Japanese mail order wives search for foreign men because Japanese guys don’t want a serious relationship
- Japanese women might look a bit cold, but this is just their character feature and this doesn’t mean they don’t like you
- Japanese women love it when a man feels confident, comfortable, and relaxed on a date
How to find a Japanese wife?
If you want to find a Japanese girl for marriage, you can choose among three options: offline dating, marriage agencies that offer romance tours, and international dating sites.
✈️ Offline dating
Offline dating is simple: all you need to do is buy a ticket to Tokyo and start approaching women there. You get to know a person immediately, see their real personality, and understand if there’s chemistry between you—these are the main advantages of meeting women offline. The problems are obvious, too. Thus, a trip to Japan will cost you at least $2,000 for a week—but it’s not even about the price. It’s about the odds, actually: meeting a girl who would be genuinely interested in dating a foreigner is not that easy if you approach women on the streets of Tokyo.
As for marriage agencies, it’s simple, too: you buy a “romance tour” to Japan, meet several girls from a catalog, and have several dates with each of them. The main problem we can see here is the price—such a tour may cost you $4,000-$6,000!
💬 💑 Online dating
Another option is online dating (international dating sites), where you can “buy” Japanese wife. Here’s how it works: you sign up on a dating site, create a profile, and start chatting with real ladies; it’s as simple as that. This is the most affordable option on this list (around $150 per month) and, obviously, the most convenient one because you don’t need to go anywhere to chat with thousands of ladies.
Just choose the option that best suits your goals and start looking for a Japanese woman.
So, here are the TOP-5 Japanese Dating Sites you should try in 2023:
Facts about marriages with Japanese mail order brides
- Japanese women tend to get married later than other Asian women. Thus, the mean age at first marriage for Japanese ladies is 29.4 years old—this means that an average Japanese girl wants to finish a university and build a career before getting serious about relationships.
- The divorce rate in Japan is quite low—it’s only 1.7 divorces per 1,000 residents. Taking into account that divorce is not a taboo in this country, this means that Japanese wives don’t give up when there are relationship problems and prefer solving them instead of divorcing.
- Japanese women for marriage don’t want a large family with a lot of kids. According to statistics, the TFR (Total Fertility Rate) is only only 1.36 in this country. The mean age of childbearing is also high (31.3 years). This is quite obvious—Japanese brides, like western women, want to build a career before having children.
How much does a Japanese bride cost?
Obviously, you can’t buy a Japanese wife.
As Xuemei said, it’s like online dating where you chat with people first and meet them afterward.
She uses EasternHoneys to meet foreign men—let’s talk about the cost of this dating site as an example.
This site has a credit system—you buy credits and then exchange them for various services. Here’s how much the credits cost:
- $2.99—20 credits (only for the first purchase)
- $9.99—20 credits (second and further purchases)
- $19.99—50 credits
- $44.99—125 credits
- $69.99—250 credits
- $149.99—750 credits
Here’s what you can do for credits:
- Sending 1 email costs 10 credits
- Using a live chat—2 credits/minute
- Opening videos—50 credits
- Making a request for a meeting—625 credits
If you want to meet Japanese girls in person and spend at least 2 weeks in Japan, you’ll need to spend around $3,500. Here’s an approximate cost breakdown:
- Tickets—$900 (round-trip)
- Hotel room—$1300 (2 weeks)
- Transportation—$300 (2 weeks)
- Food—$450 (2 weeks)
- Entertainment—$600 (2 weeks)
Returning to Japanese mail order brides websites, I should remind you that it’s very important to choose a trusted dating platform in order to not lose your money.
Here are the 2 alternative websites which can be compared to EasternHoneys in terms of quality.
🇯🇵 Find Japanese Wife Online
Why are Japanese brides so popular?
Why is it a good idea to find a Japanese wife? Why are mail order Japanese brides so popular among American men? Here, you’ll find the answers.
- First of all, they are very attractive. Beautiful skin and hair, a petite figure, and attractive facial features make them incredibly beautiful. Their great sense of style, makeup skills, and all those fish & rice-based diets and fitness make them even more attractive.
- They are well-educated and hard-working. That’s one of the main differences between women from Eastern Asia and Southeastern Asia—Japanese and Korean ladies are more career-oriented and ambitious, while women from Southeast Asian countries are generally more family-centered.
- Japanese ladies are cute, feminine, and respectful. Being polite and even passive has been the preferable behavior for Japanese women for centuries, and even though the Western culture influences modern Japanese ladies, they still remain very polite and even shy.
- They are not too materialistic compared to women from some other Asian countries. Well, it’s a generalization, so we can’t safely say that 100% of them are like this—of course, there are lots of Japanese ladies who would love to spend a few thousand on brand clothes or jewelry. However, talking about the roots of Buddhist and Shinto-based Japanese society, we can say that wealth and money are thought of as “impure” things, while in most Confucianism cultures, money and wealth are generally seen as good things.
Want to get more interesting info about Japanese ladies? Now, we’ll talk about the most popular female celebrities from Japan.
Here are some popular Japanese women
With 9.7 million followers on Instagram, Momo Hirai is one of the most popular singers in Japan. Her music videos have more than 500 million views on YouTube.
51-year-old lady from Nishinomiya, is one of the most beautiful ladies in Japan. Norika is one of the most popular and successful fashion models and beauty queens in this country. Norika also played in several Japanese movies, worked as a journalist, and even voiced Fiona in the Japanese-dubbed version of Shrek.
Pin-up model, a singer, and an extremely popular actress. This 36-year-old lady is one of the most talented and awarded actresses in Japan—she starred in dozens of popular Japanese and American movies and TV series.
Japanese women for marriage: Stereotypes
Let’s talk about some popular stereotypes about Japanese ladies. You’ve probably heard or read at least some of them, but not all of them are 100% true.
❌ “Japanese women are subservient”
This stereotype came here straight from the 19th century when Japanese women had no authority and no legal rights. Today, the situation is completely different. Modern Japanese ladies control the household and finances in a family, they are not dependent on men financially anymore, and they are as ambitious and hard-working as Japanese men. So why would they be shy and subservient in the 21st century?
❌ “They don’t want to get married”
Young Japanese choose not to get married, it’s a fact—around 25% of Japanese people between 20 and 49 are single. However, it’s not a female-only thing: 50% of Japanese women in their 20s remain single, but the number of single men of the same age group is much higher (around 70%). So the problem of not getting married is serious in Japan, but Japanese women are much more marriage-minded than their men; that’s the point.
❌ “They hide their true feelings”
They do, but it’s hard to explain it because it’s not actually a bad thing. First of all, in Japanese culture, there is a concept of Honne—feelings and thoughts that should only be revealed to the closest friends or family members. Japanese people just don’t share their true feelings with others because of another concept called Tatemae, which means following the socially accepted standards regarding the public behavior of a person. In short, if a woman doesn’t know you yet, she will most likely not be 100% honest with you because of Tatemae, but once you get closer, she’ll share her Honne, true feelings.
Step-by-step guide on how to get Japanese mail order bride
If you’ve never used online platforms for Japanese women dating, you’ve come to the right place.
Here’s a short guide on how to meet a Japanese mail order wife online:
- Choose the best Japanese mail order brides platform. There are lots of dating sites with women from Asian countries, but it’s important to choose a trusted and reputable one in order to not lose money.
- Visit site, sign up and create an account. Uploading your best photos and writing a catchy profile bio will help you attract more Japanese mail order brides.
- Browse profiles, use search tools, and find some Japanese girls you like. Some online dating services offer advanced search tools only to premium users, but the best ones offer them for free.
- Start chatting with Japanese ladies. We highly recommend using all the online communication tools available—from text chat to video chat. That’s how you’ll make sure a Japanese lady you’re chatting with is a real person.
- Request a date with Japanese brides if you’re planning to meet Japanese brides in person.
You don’t need to waste your time choosing a good dating site with Japanese girls. Here, you’ll find the best platforms with thousands of sexy Japanese women!
Is using mail order bride sites to find and date women legit?
You can meet a Japanese girl without any legal obstacles, and obviously, using dating sites to meet Japanese brides is 100% legal, too.
It’s also legal to marry a Japanese bride if you’re an American citizen.
As for getting a Japanese woman to the US, it’s also legal.
However, you will need to go through a pretty time-consuming process of getting a K-1 visa—and you’ll also need to prove that your relationship with your Japanese bride is bona fide (for love).
When it’s done, she’ll have to wait for 3 years—after that, she’ll be able to become a US citizen through naturalization.
How to bring a Japanese wife to the USA?
As we’ve just said, it’s totally legal to get your Japanese girl to the US- after all, hundreds of Japanese wives enter the US on a K-1 visa every single year.
Here’s a short step-by-step guide on getting a Japanese woman to the United States legally:
- First, you’ll need to apply I-129F government form and send it to the USCIS. At this step, you’ll have to pay a filing fee ($535).
- When this petition is approved, your Japanese bride will need to complete a Form DS-160 (visa application) and submit it online or offline, depending on the instructions provided by the consulate. At this step, she’ll have to pay a fee, too ($265).
- Then, she’ll have to attend the visa interview where she’ll be asked certain questions about your relationship, about you, and about your plans. She’ll be asked to provide proofs of your relationship—emails, phone bills, tickets, pictures together, etc.
- Then, your Japanese bride will be able to enter the United States.
How to avoid Japanese mail order bride scam?
Japanese mail order brides websites are the best option for those who want to meet a Japanese girl.
They are convenient, they are quite affordable, and it’s much faster to meet Japanese brides online than doing it offline.
However, there is a problem with Japanese mail order brides sites—and this problem is called “romance scam”.
Unfortunately, some men searching for beautiful Japanese women may face romance scammers on dating sites.
Here, we’ll tell you about the top 3 most common scams you might face on online dating websites.
Direct scam aka “Send money, please”
When you meet a Japanese girlfriend online, and she asks you to send her money because she has problems, it’s most likely a scammer. A scammer creates a fake profile, chats with foreign men, sends fake photos, and then asks men to send him money—that’s how it works. It’s the simplest type of scam to avoid, by the way—just remember that you must not send money to any woman you met on a dating website.
Stealing your financial information
If that beautiful Japanese girl for marriage wants to know your credit card number or your Paypal password, it’s 100% a red flag. If you reveal such information, the scammer will hack your online banking app and steal your money—so please, never reveal financial data, e.g., CC number, CVC code, or PayPal password.
This type of scam is very similar to the first one, “direct scam”. The only difference is that in this case, that beautiful Japanese woman asking you to send her $200 is real—it’s just that she is a “professional” dater. In the US, such people are also called gold-diggers—and that’s the best description for them. The good news is that the number of pro daters is quite low among Japanese mail order wives—and if you meet such a woman, you can easily block her account and forget about her.
Yes. Japan is one of the most popular Asian countries regarding mail order brides and international dating. Lots of real Japanese brides sign up on mail order bride websites and search for a Western husband—so if you want to find a Japanese bride, it’s totally possible. Just make sure you chat with the profiles that have a Verified badge. These profiles are 100% real.
Sign up on a Japanese mail order bride platform and buy credits/coins/a premium membership. After that, you’ll be able to chat with thousands of real Japanese brides. Be patient, be confident, treat them with respect, and be fun—these are the main tips on getting a Japanese girlfriend or wife. You’ll have to meet your girlfriend in person sooner or later—the same rules can be applied to an offline date, too.
Yes, you can meet thousands or even tens of thousands of Japanese mail order brides online. The number of female users on the biggest Japanese bride platforms is very high, so the chances for you to meet a real girl from Japan online are quite high, too. Girls who use these sites are often marriage-minded and often have serious intentions, so they might not be the best option for one-night stands—but if you’re serious about it, you’ll easily find lots of potential matches.
Yes. In case your relationship is genuine, you don’t violate any laws, and both you and your bride collected all the documents required, you shouldn’t worry about the legal details. If you’re going to go the K-1 visa path (the most common path for mail order bride marriages), you’ll need to marry your bride within 90 days after her arrival in the US. After that, she’ll be able to get a green card.