Indian Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from India
|🌏 Popular cities to meet Indian brides:||Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru|
|💰 Average cost of Indian bride:||$4,445 — $5,945|
|⌛ Average age of Indian bride:||22.8 years old|
|💌 Best Indian mail order bride site:|
|💑 Best Indian dating site:|
Want to know more about Indian girls before dating them? Wondering if it’s a good idea to build a relationship with Indian ladies? Searching for useful information that will help you meet Indian women, date them successfully, and bring your Indian wife to the US?
Here, you’ll find everything you need. But first, read this interview with a 24-year-old Aigerim, a girl from Mumbai who is currently searching for a foreign man on online dating services. She knows a lot about this whole mail order Indian brides thing.
Interview with Indian Mail Order Bride
I’m Aigerim, I’m 24, and I’m from Kazakhstan. You could tell that by the name, I guess, ‘cause it’s not a typical name for an Indian girl. Our family moved to Mumbai in 1992 (when it was called Bombay), and I was born there in India. I finished my degree at Mumbai University recently, and now I’m a journalist. I write articles for fashion magazines and magazines about celebrities.
I know that lots of Indian women for marriage do it because they are not happy with local men. That’s not the case, really. I can’t say anything bad about them. Indian guys are nice and fun, generous, and all that. But I’m still attracted to Western men and can’t do anything about it. I love American culture, I speak English, I was an au pair for a family of five in Chicago, and I really like everything related to the US. So for me, America first, that’s what I think.
And it’s also about marriage. I’m really interested in finding a husband, and I simply believe that Americans are better husband material.
Well, I’m not the most experienced person in India regarding online dating—I used 2 Indian dating sites when I was 18, but it didn’t work. So I read what other Indian wives and single Indian women post on Facebook and Twitter, tried 2 websites, and chose Eastern Honeys as my #1 option. The second one was quite nice, too, and there was a video chat (Aigerim talks about CuteAsianWoman—Ed.). But I settled on the first one because I got several messages there right away. I just uploaded my photo, and then I got 2 or 3 emails within a few minutes. So I stayed there.
Yes, of course. I chat with 2 guys now; it’s not like we’re planning a wedding—just casual chatting and flirting, you know. Oh, and I know this might sound weird, but I even met one guy 2 weeks after our first online communication! He worked at Coca-Cola, and he had some kind of a business trip to Nashik (only 200 km from Mumbai), so I thought, like, why not? So we met, walked, drank coffee, nothing serious. It didn’t work, to be fair, so I’m still searching for the right guy!
Indian women tend to be more, you know, traditional. In Indian culture, there’s that “marriage pressure” thing, and although my family is from Kazakhstan, I feel that pressure, too.
I’m not rushing into marriage, no. But I’m 24 and still single, and in India, your 24th year on Earth is the last year you’re treated as a top-tier commodity in the marriage market. After that, you are told to lower expectations and to do it—I’ll give this an all caps—QUICKLY. So even though the pressure is not that bad for me, I’m still interested in serious (like, very serious) relationships. The fact that Americans are more marriage-minded and family oriented is the main thing I like about them. They know what they want when it comes to a relationship, and their end goal is marriage, not a one-night stand or a “casual” relationship.
And they are better “husband material,” as I’ve said. I always thought Western men are less sexist, treat women as an equal, are calmer than Indian guys, and are very independent (it’s not only about financial independence).
Well, I met a scammer once, but he was pretty lame. That guy told me he wanted to send me $1,000 as a bank transfer, although I didn’t mention money at all, and I didn’t ask for it. Then, he said that I had to send him $100 as an advance fee. I just reported his profile to customer support, and in 3 minutes, his profile was deleted.
I also read some stories from real Indian brides who described the same type of scam, but not all of them were… let’s say, lucky enough. But it’s obvious, isn’t it? If there’s a guy (or a 100% real and very hot Indian woman) who asks you to send them money, you must report the profile to the support team. It’s simple, right?
There are tens of thousands of Indian mail order wives searching for a guy, and I can’t speak for all of them, of course. But… I believe that most of these women have similar views and similar preferences to the ones I have. So… For me, it’s simple: if you’re serious about the relationship, if you’re respectful, and if you’re loyal, you are the perfect man for me. It’s all about respect, serious relationships, and loyalty, I believe. But of course, there might be lots of Indian girls who have different values. For some, it might be about the ability of man to protect them; for some, it might be about appearance; for others, it might be about financial stability… But for me, and for lots of other Indian brides, it’s about these 3 things.
And here’s one more thing: don’t be afraid, don’t let that “Indian mail order bride” aura scare you. We speak English, read the same books and Facebook articles, and probably even watch the same cartoons you watched. We are not aliens. Even though our culture is different, you should not be afraid—this barrier is easy to overcome.
Aigerim did a great job here, let’s be honest, and her last piece of advice deserves to be put in a gold frame because that’s what every man should learn. As for her other tips, it’s simple: according to Aigerim, you need to be loyal, have serious intentions, and treat ladies with respect to impress beautiful Indian women.
That’s not all you need to know before you start dating Indian brides, of course. Now, you’re going to learn more about the cost of getting an Indian wife to the US, how to meet and bring an Indian woman to your country, and how to avoid online dating scams. But first, let’s talk about facts.
Facts about Marriages with Indian Mail Order Brides
- For beautiful Indian girls, marriage is sacred and divorce is not an option. India is the country with the lowest divorce rate in the world—in 2022, it was lower than 1%! However, this is not necessarily a good thing. As our interviewee mentioned before, there’s a lot of societal and family pressure regarding marriage and divorces, and there are also arranged marriages—not to mention that women who ask for divorce may be shamed for going against the traditions.
- Indian singles get married quite early. That’s another thing Aigerim said in the interview—if you are a 25-year-old Indian woman and you’re not married, this means something is wrong with you. It’s an old-fashioned country, so it’s not surprising that the average age at first marriage for Indian women is only 19.2 years old. American women, for example, get married at 28.6 years old!
- Indian brides have their first children at a pretty young age, too. The average age at first childbirth in India is 21.6 years for 25-29-year-olds and 20.8 years for 30-39-year-olds.
- India is the world’s most populous country right now—it surpassed China recently, in April 2023. However, this doesn’t mean Indian women want to have a lot of children. In fact, the TFR (total fertility rate) in this country is 2.1 children per woman.
- Indian women tend to be stay-at-home wives. The labor force participation rate in this country is among the lowest rates in the world (only 22.99% of Indian women aged 15+ participate in the workforce). But it’s more about inequality, the pandemic (it was 42% before Covid), low wages, and other factors than about their desire not to work.
So, here are the TOP-5 Indian Dating Sites you should try in 2023:
How Much Does an Indian Bride Cost?
You can not “buy” an Indian bride—that’s the disclaimer used on this website so that people understand that it doesn’t work like that. You can’t “order” brides from India not just because it’s amoral but also because of the law: after all, you need to meet your Indian bride at least once in order to marry her in the US.
However, you can date Indian mail order brides online. After that, you can meet them in person, and if everything goes great, you can bring your Indian bride or wife to the United States. That’s 100% legal, and that’s how hundreds of American men marry their Indian mail order brides every single year.
But it doesn’t mean you won’t need to pay anything. Actually, you will: you’ll need to pay for a dating site, you’ll need to visit India for a few weeks at least, and you’ll need to pay for a K-1 visa for your Indian bride. Now, let’s be more detailed.
First of all, you’ll need to meet Indian brides online. Let’s talk about how you’ll pay for a dating site (let’s talk about EasternHoneys, the platform used by Aigerim). This site, like most Indian bride platforms today, has a credit system, which means there are several credit packages to choose from. Here they are—and you’ll also find the price of 1 credit there for your convenience:
- 20 credits – $10 (50 cents per credit)
- 50 credits – $20 (40 cents per credit)
- 125 credits – $45 (36 cents per credit)
- 250 credits – $70 (28 cents per credit)
- 750 credits – $150 (20 cents per credit)
How much do the messaging tools cost on this site?
- Live chat—2 credits/minute
- Emails—10/30 credits to send an email (10 for the first one, 30 for the following ones to a particular user)
So, let’s imagine you’re only going to use a live chat for, say, 15 minutes every single day. Let’s add 1 email per day, too.
In this case, you’ll spend 60 credits per day (30 for chat, 30 for an email)—it’s $12/day and $360/month if you buy the largest credit package. This may look a bit too much, but in reality, you will most likely spend less time and send fewer messages there, so you can safely divide that $360 by 2. $200 or $250 will most likely be enough for 1 month of online dating, that’s the point.
But it’s not only about online dating—you will also need to visit India and pay for some other things. So let’s see how much it will cost (we’ll assume you’re going to spend 2 weeks in Mumbai for the “offline dating” part of the cost breakdown).
- Online dating—$200-$250 per month
- Tickets to India—$1,200 (round-trip)
- Hotel room (2 weeks)—$500-$1,000
- Food (2 weeks)—$250-$500
- Transportation (2 weeks)—$20-$70
- Entertainment, e.g., entrance tickets, guide services (2 weeks)—$250-$900
- K-1 visa to bring your Indian bride to the US—$2,025 for a visa and a green card
It’s not only about EasternHoneys, by the way. Yes, it’s the website our interviewee, Aigerim, is using right now, and it’s really good and trusted, but you don’t have to limit yourself to one Indian bride platform only. Sites like TheLuckyDate and CuteAsianWoman are trustworthy, reputable, and incredibly popular, too!
🇮🇳 Find Indian Wife Online
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Get Indian Mail Order Bride
Now, you know how much you’ll need to pay for an Indian wife, but how to meet her? Here’s a short step-by-step guide to finding an Indian bride online:
- Choose a trustworthy dating website with Indian brides. Many sites may look nice, but in reality, they can be full of fake profiles and scammers. Do your research, read the reviews, and test the dating platforms yourself: only in this case you’ll be able to find a reputable site with thousands of real Indian brides.
- Pay attention to the profiles on a dating site. Most Indian girls on EasternHoneys and CuteAsianWoman, for example, have ID-verified profiles, which means they are real people who have proven their identity. If the site doesn’t have an ID verification tool, you can google the photos of Indian women to ensure they are not used on other sites (it’s a red flag).
- Chat with Indian women. Typically, you need to buy credits or pay for a premium subscription to get access to messaging tools. Still, websites like Eastern Honeys and TheLuckyDate offer free credits to new users. This means you’ll be able to start chatting with any Indian girl there for free!
- Be respectful and show that you have serious intentions. As you already know, most Indian women are searching for a serious relationship, so it’s a must.
- Meet them in person. You can’t get an Indian wife by simply chatting with Indian ladies—you’ll have to go there, have several dates, and propose; that’s how it works. Falling into the online chatting trap might be easier than you think, and the advice here is: don’t fall into it. Go there, meet her, marry her.
With these simple tips, you can quickly and easily find an Indian wife and start living together in the USA.
Success Stories with Indian Mail Order Brides
Steven (45) met Aisha (21) on CuteAsianWoman in 2021. He was planning a business trip to Delhi, and he wanted to see with his own eyes whether Indian ladies are really that perfect. “And well, I can’t speak for all Indian women, but Aisha is just perfect,” he says. They had 5 dates in Delhi and Mumbai, visited Udaipur, went to Nagoa Beach, and had a legitimately good time. They continue chatting and meet each other every 2-3 months, and it looks like these two are 100% happy together.
Sarika, a 35-year-old lady from Mumbai, met Howard on TheLuckyDate in 2019. Howard, a 53-year-old engineer from San Diego, heard that there were lots of Indian brides searching for a serious relationship, and it turned out Sarika was exactly as marriage-minded as him. They had only 1 date, and after that, Howard proposed to her. A year and a month later, Sarika got a K-1 visa, and they got married in California. Today, they live together in their cozy home in a fantastic Little Italy neighborhood.
Is Using MOB Sites to Find and Date Women Legit?
Yes. It’s legit to find hot Indian brides, chat with them, and date them online and offline. You can also bring your Indian wife or bride to the United States legally: the only question here is which type of visa you’re going to choose: a K-1 or a CR-1 one. The first one is generally more popular for international relationships (according to our experience), and if you get a K-1 visa, you’ll have to marry in the US after her arrival. The second type, a CR-1 visa, is for those who got married outside the US.
How to Bring an Indian Wife to the USA?
So, there are two types of visa for foreign partners of a US citizen, and the K-1 visa is a bit more popular for mail order brides. Here’s a short guide on getting this type of visa for your Indian wife.
- Well, technically, she’s not your wife yet. When you first apply for Form I-129F, you can not be married (this is the very last step of this guide). When the form I-129F is approved, your bride will need to complete her medical exam in her country.
- After that, she will file the DS-160 form (visa application) and provide all the required documents.
- When it’s done, she’ll need to attend the visa interview, and if everything goes well, she’ll be able to enter the United States on a K-1 visa.
After that, you’ll need to marry within 90 days.
How to Avoid Indian Mail Order Bride Scam?
Can you lose your money while searching for an Indian wife? Yes. But can you avoid it easily? Yes, you can, too.
Let’s make it clear: Indian brides are not gold-diggers, and that’s not the point here. The point here is that, unfortunately, international online dating is an ideal environment for scammers who pretend to be real mail order brides—but this doesn’t mean that Indian brides have something to do with this problem.
There are 3 most popular scam types you need to be aware of. Here they are:
- Fake “Indian women” asking you for money. It’s simple—they may look like real women, but they get straight to the point within a few messages. Their stories may be different, but it’s always about sending them money.
- Fake “Indian brides” getting your credit card/PayPal information. If your Indian girlfriend, whom you have never met, wants to elicit such information (credit card number, CVC code, PayPal password, etc.), that’s a scammer.
- Fake dating sites with fake Indian women for marriage. A lot of beautiful Indian females who don’t ask you for money, a nice and convenient website—what could go wrong? Well, there’s nothing wrong until you realize all those beautiful Indian brides are actually not real and the only goal of the site is to make you buy tokens, credits, or monthly premium subscriptions.
But as you’ve just read, you can avoid getting scammed easily. It’s not just words—if you follow a few simple rules, you’ll minimize the chances of being tricked by a dating scammer. Just don’t send your money to “Indian brides,” always pay special attention to the quality of profiles (at least google their profile photos), don’t provide too much information to mail order brides, and always choose your online dating website wisely. It’s not 100 percent, but your chances are extraordinarily low if you do everything right and follow these rules.