Dating Vietnamese Women: Where & How to Meet Vietnamese Girls
Wondering what are Vietnamese women like, and what Vietnamese woman personality traits are? Want to know how are Vietnamese women different from American and other Western women? Here, we’ll tell you everything—the benefits of dating a Vietnamese woman, the most interesting facts about them, the most useful tips for Vietnamese women dating, and the best ways to meet a Vietnamese woman.
|🌇 Top cities to meet Vietnamese singles
|Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang
|💍 Average age of marriage
|22.8 years old
|❤️ Best Vietnamese women dating site
|👩❤️👨 How to win their heart
|Lead the relationship, be serious, learn their language, be respectful
What are Vietnamese women like?
What to know about a Vietnamese woman? Here, we’ve collected some interesting things to know when dating a Vietnamese woman!
- They are pretty traditional, and it’s one of the most prominent Vietnamese women traits that makes them so popular among American men. The traditional Vietnamese culture still has a strong impact on the views and values of modern Vietnamese women, so they are generally very polite, feminine, and humble. Modern Vietnamese girls may not be as conservative as their grandmothers were, but they are certainly more traditional when it comes to dating, sex, family values, and work-family balance.
- They are pretty undemanding when it comes to your finances but not to your time and energy. Obviously, like all the other girls, Vietnamese women love it when a man spends a lot of time with them and puts effort into a relationship. By the way, if the girl you’re dating doesn’t look undemanding from the very first date, this may be a red flag—unfortunately, there are “professional daters” in every nation, and Vietnam is not an exception. If she wants you to spend a lot of money right away, something is probably wrong here.
- They are beautiful. We are not talking about them being exotic because, you know, exoticness lies in the eye of the beholder. What we’re talking about is their natural beauty combined with their feminine style—this combination makes them even more attractive to thousands of Western men.
However, this is only a tiny part of the exciting facts about Vietnamese women, so if you want to know more—keep reading.
5 interesting facts about Vietnamese women
- Vietnam has one of the lowest divorce rates in the world—it’s only 0.2 divorces per 1,000 population. It’s interesting that even though the number of divorces is slowly increasing, the main reason for divorcing in Vietnam is lifestyle conflict, not economic problems or adultery like in some other countries popular for international dating (we’re talking about Eastern Europe here).
- Vietnamese girls get married pretty early. The average age at first marriage is only 22.8 years for Vietnamese girls, which is pretty early even for Southeast Asian countries (in developed countries of the region, women get married later). If you’re searching for a young lady who would be interested in marriage, Vietnam is definitely the right place for you!
- The same is about the mother’s mean age at first birth—for Vietnamese ladies, it’s only 22.6 years. So, if you want to build a family with a lady in her early 20s, there’s no better place for you than Vietnam!
- Vietnamese women don’t want to have a lot of children. The fertility rate in Vietnam is 2 (2 children per 1 woman), which is not that high for a Southeast Asian country. The government is aimed at maintaining the TFR between 2 and 2.2 children for each woman, so the country urges its citizens to marry and bear children earlier.
- Vietnamese women are very hard-working. 69.64% of women participate in the labor force, which is one of the highest results in the world! But again, it’s a typical situation for this region—women in Southeast Asia typically participate in the labor force more than women in the United States, Latin America, or European countries.
How to meet a Vietnamese woman?
There are lots of options for those who want to meet Vietnamese women—you can contact a marriage agency, chat with the girls via Instagram or Facebook, and even meet them in the United States (there are more than 1,400,000 Vietnamese immigrants in the US right now). But in fact, there are two main options for those interested in dating a Vietnamese girl: offline and online dating. Let’s talk about these options.
- First of all, you can go offline—book a ticket to Ho Chi Minh City, pay for a hotel room, and start approaching women on the streets or in bars; it’s as simple as that. The only problem here is the price—even if you stick to hostels and modest travel style, you’ll still have to pay at least $50 per day (not including the tickets), which means a 2-week trip will cost you at least $1,400 ($700 for a flight, $700 for 2 weeks in Vietnam).
- Online dating is much cheaper. Although most Vietnamese dating sites are not free to use, they will cost you around $100-$150 per month, which is much cheaper than a trip to this country. The dating pool is obviously much larger when it comes to online dating, too. You’ll be able to chat with literally tens of thousands of real Vietnamese girls interested in meeting a foreign man, so your chances of finding a perfect match will be much higher if you choose online dating than if you travel to Vietnam.
Just choose the best option for you and start looking for a Vietnamese woman, and we will tell you how to date these women successfully.
Process of dating a Vietnamese woman online: All you need to know
How to date Vietnamese girls online? Here, you’ll find a full step-by-step guide on how to choose the right dating service and impress a Vietnamese lady online.
There are lots of online dating sites with Vietnamese women and ladies from nearby countries. The main idea here is to choose a dating service that would be both safe and popular—an ideal website must have an ID verification tool, a great reputation, and a lot of detailed profiles. You’ll have to read a lot of reviews to choose the best one among dozens of Vietnamese dating websites, but it’s certainly worth the time.
You only need to create a profile on a dating service to start your dating journey. However, if you want to date Vietnamese girls successfully, your profile must look attractive. We are not just talking about your profile photos: of course, they should be high-quality and nice, but that’s not all. Your profile bio/description matters, too—so make sure it’s interesting to read and not too long (no one likes long and boring dating profile descriptions).
Most dating sites are not free to use, but typically, the search tools are not limited. This means that even if a dating site you’re using doesn’t have any free messaging tools, you can still use all the advanced search filters and browse profiles for free. We highly recommend you use all the search tools in order to find the best matches according to your preferences and requirements—that’s how you’ll increase your chances of finding a perfect partner.
Some online dating websites with Vietnamese people only offer a live chat, while the others, especially the ones focused on a serious relationship, offer much more than that. Some dating sites even have a video chat and a voice call feature, which, in our opinion, are the perfect tools for international dating. Yes, a minute of video chat will probably be more expensive than a minute of a text chat, but it’s certainly worth the money.
If you are not looking for an online penpal, you’ll have to meet that Vietnamese girl you’re chatting with in person. You’ll need to book a flight to Ho Chi Minh City and have a few real dates with her (or with them) to understand if your relationship has potential. So we don’t recommend you spend too much time chatting online—1 or 2 months is typically enough to ask a girl on a real date.
Do’s and don’ts of dating women from Vietnam
What about Vietnamese culture and dating etiquette? Here, you’ll find the top 5 tips that will help you date Vietnamese girls successfully and impress their Vietnamese families!
- ✅ Be prepared for a dinner with her Vietnamese parents (as you already know, being family-centered it’s one of the most prominent Vietnamese woman characteristics). Be respectful, show that you can provide for the family (it’s important even if your girlfriend is not going to be a stay-at-home mom), and bring them several gifts. The bad news is that they will still not accept you completely until you get married or until you have a child. The good news here is that her parents will most likely not care about your religion or race, even if it’s not the same as theirs.
- ✅ Be aware of cultural differences. Like, a small talk thing—small talk is certainly not the most common thing in this country. For example, the first question you’ll hear from Vietnamese girls will most likely be “how old are you?” because in Vietnam, they always get straight to the point. It’s just one cultural difference, but you’ve got the idea.
- ✅ Be ready for a serious relationship. The thing is, we said “permission to court her,” not “permission to date her” in the previous point for a reason—in this country, you don’t just “date”, you are on your way to marriage. If you have serious intentions, though, your chances of finding a Vietnamese woman are much higher than if you’re looking for a casual relationship.
- ❌ Don’t express your feelings in public. Holding hands is ok if you’re in a relationship, but nothing more than that—you don’t want to embarrass her, right? However, this doesn’t mean you should not expect to have sex before marriage. This is not a taboo in Vietnam anymore, especially if we’re talking about young ladies in their 20s and 30s.
- ❌ Don’t drink on the date if your girlfriend is in her early 20s. The point is, young Vietnamese girls just don’t like alcohol—it became socially acceptable for women to drink alcohol around 10 years ago, so they just haven’t adopted the concept of social drinking yet.
How to bring your Vietnamese girlfriend to the US?
You can bring a Vietnamese girl to the US legally—the fastest way to do it is through a K-1 visa. This visa is also called a “fiancé(e)” visa, so you don’t need to get married to get it. Here’s a short guide on getting a K-1 visa for your Vietnamese girl.
- First, you’ll need to file Form I-129F with USCIS. USCIS will send a receipt notice within 1 month, and the petition will be approved in 6 months or so.
- Next, your bride will need to complete form DS-160 (visa application) and print the confirmation page.
- At this step, you’ll have to provide an Affidavit of support and recent tax returns.
- When it’s done, she’ll need to attend the visa interview with an officer.
- After that, she’ll be able to enter the US and get married (you’ll have to marry within 90 days after arrival).
It’s an option for a fiancé, and if you want to get married before getting a visa, you’ll need a CR-1 visa.
“Dating Vietnamese women is surely a great idea. Vietnamese girls love Western men, they are exotic and beautiful, they are very family-centered, and there are tens of thousands of them on dating sites—all this makes them a perfect option for a long-term relationship.”
The most common questions about dating Vietnamese women
What is the best Vietnamese women dating website?
The best dating website is SakuraDate. It has many women from Vietnam and other Asian countries, it has an ID verification so that you can be sure most profiles are real, and it also offers a special welcome bonus to all new users.
Do Vietnamese women like American men?
Yes, they do! Vietnamese women are generally very open-minded, and they don’t have any problems with international relationships. Although ethnocentrism is still present in Vietnamese society, young ladies from this country have no prejudice against dating foreign men (American men in particular).
Will you experience any language barrier with a Vietnamese woman?
Most likely, no. Young and educated Vietnamese women (you’ll mostly meet young & educated girls on dating sites) speak English quite well, which means you won’t need to learn their language to communicate with them.