Romanian Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Romania
|🌏 Popular cities to meet Romanian brides:||Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Timișoara|
|💰 Average cost of Romanian bride:||$1,200 — $5,300|
|⌛ Average age of Romanian bride:||28 years old|
|💑 Best Romanian dating site:|
|💌 Best Romanian mail order bride site:|
Romania isn’t the most mainstream country to find a wife, and that means only one thing—Romanian brides are underestimated. Still, the situation in the online dating market is changing, and more and more men have started dating and marrying hot Romanian women. Who are these girls and what do they have to offer? Let’s ask a Romanian bride—here is the interview with Julia to find all the answers.
Interview with a Romanian mail order bride
Hi, I’m Julia, 29 years old, from Cluj-Napoca, Romania. I went to Bucharest when I was just 17, which helped me grow up fast. I tried multiple jobs, from a waitress to a sound designer, and ended up becoming an international video editor. I must admit that the fact I was pretty good at English at school and had lots of foreign friends helped me enter the international market and make more without living in Romania. However, that has a kind of side effect—I realized that I feel even more comfortable communicating with Americans. I like the culture and lifestyle, so I decided that I need an American husband—now I’m officially called a Romanian mail order bride.
I’m not looking for money or immigration. I make enough to feel very comfortable, especially in Romania, where the cost of living is significantly lower than in any other Western country and even in most countries of Central Europe. As I’ve already mentioned, I just like Western men, their values, and their ways of life. Also, there’s a big difference between how they and Romanian guys treat their women. There’s nothing wrong about Romanians, they are great, but there’s one thing that bothers me. Unlike Western guys, they take a lot of things like beauty and the ability to reconcile work and family life for granted. I also believe it’s the cultural impact. I grew up listening to Western music, watching Western shows, and dreaming of attending Beverly Hills. It’s just a combination of factors.
That was the worst stage. Now, there are no niche sites for Romanian women, and the sites I could find were obviously scams both for women and men. So I had to join a European dating platform, and it’s BravoDate, with lots of girls from Ukraine and other Slavic countries. It works pretty well though, but finding it took a lot of time and effort.
Obviously, I failed to find a perfect match in Romania, and I’m just more attracted to Americans overall. I like that they’re pretty rational, masculine in the best way possible, free, and open-minded enough. I have that desire for modernity, and though I can’t say I hate traditional gender roles—I’m one of the women who can pay the bill but still expect a man to do it just because, come on, in Romania, it’s just etiquette, but I don’t want everyone to have duties. I want to discuss things, compromise, and build a relationship based on respect with someone who has the same values and views of life.
I’ve been using BravoDate for just 2 months now, so I can’t say I can draw any conclusions, but yes, I have, and there were a few pretty interesting and attractive guys. We keep talking with one of them for a few weeks, and I believe it can work for both of us, just don’t want to, you know, try to predict things. The only problem I faced was the age difference. I received a lot of messages from guys who were much older than me. I mean, even a 10-year difference is okay, and I can consider dating someone who’s 15 years older if he’s the one I’ve been looking for. But the 25-30-year difference is just too much.
I like those guys I met on the dating site who definitely know what they are looking for in a woman, and I like it when they clearly indicate their goals. Looking for something casual and honest about it? Great. Looking for something serious and mentioning that you want a family and aren’t ready for 4 years of dating? That’s even better. But I just hate it when they start with something like, “I have a mansion, two cars, and make $150,000, let’s chat”. That’s the main problem with the industry. Some guys still think they can buy us.
Scams are real, and finding the right site is a challenge. But they do exist. For me, choosing the website was the hardest part because I’ve tried enough sites where I was offered to pay for placing my photos, get paid for communication with guys, and just saw lots of profiles of men looking like Brad Pitt in his best years, all fake, and so on and so forth. I assume that you can meet a scammer even on good sites, but personally, I didn’t face such a problem. All in all, you should always be cautious and follow the rules to protect yourself on the web.
I can’t speak for all, of course, but I’m a Romanian girl with many female friends, so I suppose I can give some recommendations. First, you need to let her know she can rely on you, not necessarily financially, but whatever happens. It’s about the support women don’t always get when trying to earn money, do household chores, and care about all the family members. Also, we all hate stereotypes about Romania, so avoid them at all costs. Overall, you don’t have to try to do something incredibly impressive and extraordinary. Being a nice guy who treats a woman with respect and isn’t going to change after marriage is more than enough to attract us.
So, what have I learned from Julia? Well, basically, she confirmed what I already knew about Romanian brides but still gave me some important insights. All in all, Romanian women are calm and reserved, pretty ambitious and hard-working, and very motivated to start a family with a decent man. Respect is the main thing they’re seeking, and though they remain pretty traditional when it comes to gender role distribution and family values, they still want men to treat them as equal partners, and well, that works for most Romanian-American couples.
Facts about marriages with Romanian mail order brides
- Most Romanian girls are family-minded, and they actually prefer starting a family at a pretty early age. The average age of marriage in this country is 28, so most Romanian wives are the same age as Eastern European women and significantly younger than most Western European brides.
- The fertility rate in Romania is 1.6. Most Romanian ladies do want to have kids, but they rarely have more than 1-2 children. However, it can be explained not by the unwillingness to have a big family but by the financial difficulties that, unfortunately, many Romanians face.
- A Romanian lady will make an effort to keep a family together. The divorce rate in Romania is pretty low compared to most other countries. Currently, it’s just 22%, and even couples who divorce spend around 15 years together.
So, here are the TOP-5 Romanian dating sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a Romanian bride cost?
First and foremost, we’d like to emphasize that you can’t literally mail order a wife from Romania. Romanian brides aren’t for sale, and everything that a man usually pays for is dating services and trips to meet his girlfriend in real life.
How much do online dating services cost? Of course, the prices vary from site to site, but let’s take a look at the example of BravoDate—the site where many singles seek Romanian brides, as well as Julia we have interviewed, use to find a perfect partner.
The costs of credits:
- $9.99 – 20 credits ($2.99 for newly registered users)
- $19.99 – 50 credits
- $44.99 – 125 credits
- $69.99 – 250 credits
- $149.99 – 750 credits
The costs using top features:
- Streams and public chats – free
- Private live chat – 20 credits for 10 minutes
- Mails – 10 credits for the first Mail, 30 credits for each following Mail
- Watching profile videos – 50 credits
So, the total cost will depend on how you use the site, but on such platforms (not only on BravoDate but also on top websites like TheLuckyDate and UkraineBride4You), most men spend around $100 a month. Now, let’s take a look at the total cost of online dating and other services a man will need to use:
- Online dating (1 year) – $1,200
- Travel costs (2-week trips included) – $2,900 on tickets, hotel, meals, dates, and entertainment
- K-1 visa – $1,200
- Total – $5,300
There may be extra expenditures on immigration, getting adjustment status, and weddings, as well as multiple ways to cut all the previously mentioned and these particular costs. The truth is that the total price will largely depend on the decisions a man makes at all stages.
🇷🇴 Find Romanian Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get a Romanian mail order bride
If you want to meet Romanian women and marry a special Romanian girl in the future, you need to take the following steps:
- Choose a dating site where you can meet real Romanian women for marriage. This can be a European dating platform, a mail order bride site, or a site where singles are just looking for intercultural relationships. Still, it must be reputable, provide high-quality services, and have a strict moderation policy and reasonable pricing policy.
- Create an account and make it work. Men who want to date Romanian girls should consider that even on the best dating site with Romanian singles, they can’t succeed with a low-effort profile. Explain what you are looking for in a woman and what you can offer, and share your best photos to become popular in the community.
- Use search to find the most compatible matches. Top platforms where you can meet Romanian brides offer some great matchmaking services and plenty of advanced filters, so use them to narrow the search to the best matches only.
- Communicate with the best potential partners. Focus on the Romanian brides you like best, don’t try to communicate with 10-20 women, and try to get to know 3-4 girls better instead. Use different features like video chat and call service to improve the experience.
- Start dating a Romanian woman and planning a date in real life. Once you meet someone special, keep building an emotional connection online and ask how your long-distance girlfriend feels about meeting in real life in the near future.
If you are at the first stage right now and don’t know where to search for top dating sites designed for dating Romanian women, you can find the best options on this page.
Success stories with Romanian mail order brides
Luke was divorced three times before he turned 50 and decided that it was time to search for other women. He liked Romanian culture as he had two close friends from this country and joined TheLuckyDate to meet someone special. He said he doesn’t believe in age-gap relationships, so he chose Andreea, a 45-year-old Romanian who was also divorced. He found out that they failed to keep their families together because they and their partners had different views of life and marriage. Fortunately, they have the same views, and though the couple hasn’t gotten married yet, they have already applied for a K-1 visa for Andreea and are incredibly optimistic about their future together.
Henry is a 42-year-old lawyer, and Mariana is a 29-year-old owner of a small business in Romania. They met 2 years ago on UkraineBride4You, and though Henry was initially looking for a Slavic bride, he says he saw Mariana’s photos and realized they must be together. A couple started a long-distance relationship that lasted for 5 months before they met in Italy for the first time. The second time, Henry went to Romania, met a bride’s family, and proposed at a family dinner. It’s been over half a year since a couple got married in the US, and they both say that the decision to like each other was the best decision in their lives.
Is using MOB & dating sites to find and date women legal?
Yes, it’s legal, but there are certain things that every man searching for a special Romanian woman online should consider. First and foremost, such websites are designed to help people start an authentic relationship—all the sites where you can “buy a bride” are scams. Second, there’s a difference between mail order bride agencies and sites for dating and marriage. Agencies may request your criminal records to provide dating services, while you don’t have to share such information on the sites. Generally speaking, even the niche platforms work like Tinder or another mainstream dating app—the only difference is that they connect a specific category of users.
How to invite a Romanian wife to the USA?
Men can’t marry Romanian mail order wives, as well as wives from other countries, without meeting them in real life and just because they want to get married—that’s a myth. In most cases, foreign brides apply for K-1 visas, wait until they are approved, and then enter the country. The process consists of several stages:
- Filing the Form I-129F. The USCIS accepts petitions from men who want to marry Romanian brides, and if everything is fine, the petition is approved, and further steps can be taken.
- Providing documents. A Romanian bride must provide all the required documents, including the birth certificate, passport, medical exams, etc., and have an interview aimed at finding out whether her relationship with a future American husband is authentic.
- Approval and immigration. If everything goes right, the visa is approved, and a Romanian bride will be able to enter the US and marry her American partner within 90 days after her arrival.
Bonus tip: Don’t delete photos, messages, or throw away plane tickets—keep any evidence proving your relationship is authentic and that you and your Romanian bride met in person within the previous 2 years.
How to avoid a Romanian mail order bride scam?
The sad truth is that none of the online dating sites is completely safe, and everyone searching for Romanian mail order brides online can meet a catfish or a scammer. It’s not always the case, but you should know all the most common schemes to spot a fraudster and save your time and money:
1. “Princess in trouble”
Sometimes, everything goes right. A potential Romanian wife acts like she’s in love, you talk a lot and realize you finally build a deep emotional connection with someone special. However, one day this person gets in trouble with her sick mom, her flight is canceled, etc., and asks for money. Just keep in mind that it’s always a scam, no exception.
2. Fakes and catfishes pretending to be Romanian brides
That’s the most common type of scam—you just see someone who looks real and very attractive, communicate with this person a bit, and then end up sending gifts or money to a fake person. Note that real Romanian women won’t ask you for any kind of help. If you want to ensure whether the person you are talking to is real or not, just make a video call or at least ask to send a photo of herself in real-time in specific clothes or with her nickname on the site. The alternative way to check her is to use Google image search—if photos are stolen, you’ll know it.
3. Personal data scams and blackmailing
Protect your own information at all costs. Don’t share your personal or financial information. People seeking partners on online dating sites just don’t have to know and be careful with explicit content you share with others on the web. Just ensure you’re not going to share anything that can be used against you, whether to steal from you or make you do something you definitely don’t want to do.
If you want to meet Romanian brides online and are going to join a niche website, just remember that scammers are real, and sometimes, they can be smart enough to make you think you have finally found the love of your life. But if you remain cautious and skeptical and don’t ignore safety rules because your case is “definitely an exception,” you’ll easily avoid all the dangers.