Brazilian Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Brazil
Brazilian girls are just fantastic. They are gorgeous, very passionate, hot, emotional, feminine, and they make great wives – so it’s obvious why Brazilian wives are so popular among American men. Here, we’ll tell you all the truth about Brazilian mail order brides – we’ll tell you how to meet them, how much it really costs, and how to bring your Brazilian wife to the US.
|❤️ Success Rate
|🌏 Popular Brazilian cities with brides
|São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Brasília
|💰 Average cost of Brazilian bride
|$2,500 — $3,900
|⌛ Average age of Brazilian bride
|💑 Best Brazilian dating site
|💌 Best Brazilian mail order bride site
|💔 Average divorce rate
|⚖️ Is it legal?
That’s not all. Gabrielle, our interviewee from Brazil, will tell you some really interesting insights and facts about Brazilian brides – from a perspective of a real Brazilian bride!
Interview with Gabrielle – a Brazilian mail order bride
My name is Gabriella, I’m 22 years old, and I’m from Rio. I work as a model – mostly fashion modeling, I even worked with some popular Brazilian lingerie and swimsuit brands. And, well, I’m extremely attracted to men from the United States – so you can call me a Brazilian mail order bride, I guess.
Because of American men and because of how they date Brazilian girls. I had a boyfriend from Chicago, he was a fashion photographer, and he was just great. Caring, loving, fun, smart… It didn’t work out between us, unfortunately, but because of him, I understood I would never date a guy from my country or from Latin America. That’s why i signed up on a Brazilian brides website.
I signed up on a forum for Brazilian wives and asked them, then I tried 3 sites they recommended, and I stopped at Lovefort. I didn’t read any reviews, I just tried 3 dating websites and chose the one I liked most, that’s all.
Because I don’t want a Brazilian husband. I really, really don’t want to offend our local men, but they are too “macho” – they try to look and act more masculine than they really are, and it’s just ridiculous. Do you know that the more girls you had, the more “macho” you are in Brazil? I don’t like it, sorry. I want a respectful man who will treat me as an equal, I want a man whose masculinity won’t be questioned if he tells me nice things, I want a man who will not want me to be a stay at home mother of 3 kids. That’s why I want an American man.
Nope, not yet! I chatted with several guys, yes, but I haven’t met any of them in person yet. It’s mostly a small talk, we chat about the weather, about work, all that. Nothing serious yet, so I’m open to something new – especially if you have really serious intentions!
I’m not sure because I’ve been only using a Brazilian bride website for 2 months now. I read some articles about international dating scene and about romance scammers so I know how to not get scammed online. It’s all about sharing your credit card details, personal email, or Paypal password, as far as I know – if you don’t reveal such information, you’re ok.
There are tens of thousands of Brazilian brides on dating sites – obviously, not all of them want the same things. But here are the three pieces of advice that might help you with most Brazilian women.
First, don’t try to look more “manly” than you are. You don’t need to be tough and stoic 24/7, it’s ok to feel things, and it’s ok to take care of yourself and of your girlfriend. We already live in a country of Toxic Masculinity – we don’t need more.
Second, don’t think Brazilian women are “easy”. We are not easy and we are not looking for a one-night stand. Yes, you can easily find a Brazilian girl to spend a night with – but not on a website where most women searching for serious relationships.
And third, don’t be boring! Brazilian women are really fun, out-going, and active. We always want to experience new things, we love it when a man has a sense of humour, we were not created for sitting at home and watching Netflix. Be creative and you’ll get any Brazilian bride!
abriella is just gorgeous, really. She is a great example of a hot Brazilian mail order bride – and it’s not just about her appearance, it’s also about her energy and passion. Let’s conclude:
- Brazilian women want to meet Americans because American men are not trying to be “macho” like Brazilian men
- Brazilian women usually want serious relationships with foreign guys
- You should not think that a Brazilian girl you’re chatting with is “easy”
- You should be fun and creative to impress a Brazilian woman
That’s not all you should know about dating Brazilian girls, of course. Let’s continue – there is much more useful information to consider before you start meeting Brazilian brides here.
How to find a Brazilian wife
✈️ Offline dating
The first way you can go is offline dating. Here’s how it works:
- You buy tickets to Rio or any other big Brazilian city
- Search for local women on Tinder or other apps (you can even like their stories on Instagram)
- Ask them for a date
If you don’t want to use mobile apps, you can approach girls on the streets, in a bar, or in a nightclub, too. The advantages of this method are clear: it’s always better to meet a woman in person right away, to touch her, and to understand if there’s chemistry between you two. The disadvantages are clear as well. First of all, it’s pretty expensive (a 1-week trip to Brazil will cost you around $1,500). Second, it might be dangerous. Brazil isn’t the safest country in the world, and a gringo dating local girls may trigger some unwanted attention from local men.
💬 💑 Online dating
You can also meet Brazil women for marriage on dating sites. The online dating option is a better choice because of two reasons. First, it’s cheaper than going to Brazil: most dating sites will cost you around $100-$200 per month, not $1,500 for 1 week. And second, it’s not as dangerous—yes, you can meet scammers, but if you follow some basic safety rules, you have nothing to worry about.
Facts about marriages with Brazilian mail order brides
- Brazilian women tend to get married quite early – the average age at first marriage for Brazilian brides is around 24 years old. That’s a very typical indicator for South America – women in such countries as Argentina, Uruguay, and Colombia get married in 23-25 years old, too.
- However, women from this country usually don’t want to have children right after the wedding. The mean age of childbearing in Brazil is 27 years old – it’s slowly falling (the mean age of childbearing was 29.6 years old in 1975), but it looks like Brazilian women still want to get a career before having a child.
- Brazil has one of the highest divorce rates in South America – it’s 1.4 divorces per 1,000 population while in most Latin countries, this rate is around 0.7-1 divorces per 1,000 population. This might be related to the fact divorce is not considered taboo in Brazil, so women in this country don’t feel so much pressure when it comes to ending their marriages.
- While some stereotypes about Brazilian brides are true (for example, the ones about their beauty and passion), the others are not. One of the wrong ones is a stereotype about Brazilian ladies who want to have a lot of children. In reality, the total fertility rate in Brazil is the same as in the United States (1.7 births per woman).
How much does a Brazilian bride cost?
You can not buy a Brazilian woman, of course. But dating a Brazilian mail order wife isn’t that cheap – you’ll need to buy tickets to and from Brazil, to pay for a hotel room, for food, transportation, for a visa if you’re going to bring your Brazilian wife to the US, etc, etc. Let’s talk about Latin dating sites first.
Most mail order brides websites are not free to use. Most of them have a credit system while some online dating platforms have a premium subscription system. A “credit system” means, in short, that you’ll have to buy credits to exchange them for various features and services. A “premium subscription system” works like any other premium subscription: you pay for a monthly subscription and use the site without any limits.
The online dating sites with a premium subscription system usually cost around $50-$80 per month while the mail order brides services with a credit system might cost you $50-$100. However, you can save money with the sites that fall to the second group by limiting certain communication features and by sticking to live text chat instead of voice calls/video chat.
As for a real-life meeting – here’s how much a 2-week trip to Brazil will cost.
- Tickets – $700-$1,400 (round trip)
- Hotel room – $500-$1,000 (2 weeks)
- Transportation (taxis, buses) – $150 (2 weeks)
- Transportation (intercity buses, trains) – $60 per day
- Food – $250 (2 weeks)
- Entertainment – $350 (2 weeks)
- If you’re going to bring your Brazilian mail order wife to the US, you’ll also need to pay for a K-1 visa – it costs $2,200.
🇧🇷 Find Brazilian Wife Online
Why are Brazilian brides so popular?
Brazilian brides are incredibly popular among American men. Considering the experience of our team, Brazil can be called the #1 most popular mail order bride country in South America (not including Mexico). What are the reasons for their popularity?
Here, we’ll talk about the top 3 reasons why Brazilian women are so desired and popular.
- First of all, they are incredibly hot. And our guest Gabriella is a perfect example of that. Olive skin, sexy bodies, and awesome facial features make Brazilian women one of the sexiest women in the world. However, it’s not only about their natural beauty: it’s also about other factors like their sense of style and love for revealing clothes, their plasticity, and their passion.
- Brazilian mail order brides are optimist, outgoing, and fun. You will never get bored in a relationship with a Brazilian girl because they always have something interesting to say or to do. They are incredibly energetic, outgoing, smart, and interesting to talk to—people love spending time with them because it’s always exciting.
- They love dating foreigners, especially men from the United States. The thing is, Brazilian women for marriage believe that American men are more respectful, caring, and supportive than their local men. If you meet these requirements, you’ll make any Brazilian woman happy!
If you want to know more about ladies from Brazil, continue reading. Right here, you’ll find 3 top Brazilian female celebrities right now.
Popular Brazilian women
Probably the most popular woman from Brazil. Born in 1981, this 41-year-old model is often called the world’s most beautiful woman. She has Brazil, Swiss, and African roots—and her appearance is probably the best explanation for why mixing races is definitely a good thing.
Yes, she’s from Brazil, too. She was born in 1981 in Ereshin. She’s one of the hottest and one of the most successful models in the world. By the way, she also has European ancestry!
Unlike two previous women, this 40-year-old model and designer has a classic Brazilian beauty: olive skin, perfect Latina facial features, and amazing chocolate hair. She’s married to Matthew McConaughey, and this man surely knows something about conquering such beauties.
Brazilian women for marriage: Stereotypes
There are several stereotypes regarding Brazilian brides—you’ve probably heard them already. Some of them are positive: for example, the ones about their beauty and passion. We won’t talk about positive (mostly true) stereotypes here. Instead, we’ll talk about the negative and wrong ones. Let’s debunk them.
❌ “They are easy”
The main problem with this stereotype is that if you have never dated Latinas, you may think that it’s 100% true after a few dates. The thing is, Brazilian women—just like all the Latinas out there—are very friendly and incredibly flirty. Even if it’s your first date with a Brazilian girl, she will most likely touch you a lot, laugh, and touch her hair. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you should expect something more than a kiss because that’s just how these women flirt!
❌ “There is one culture in Brazil”
Generalizations help us understand a new subject better and faster. When we say “Brazilian women are passionate and emotional”, this helps our readers make the first impression even though it’s obvious that not 100% of Brazilian women are like this. Maybe 80%.
However, saying things like “they have one culture in Brazil” is a bad generalization. This country is one of the largest countries in the world, it has at least 5 different cultures, and people from the North of the country are obviously different from those living in the South.
❌ “Brazil is a poor country, so their women want to get a better life in the US”
Brazil is not the richest country in the world, that’s right. But calling its economics the main reason for women to leave the country is certainly not the smartest thing to do. The point is, most mail order brides are smart, educated, and very beautiful girls in their 20s who live in the biggest Brazilian cities. These girls can obviously make good money and get a high quality of life without leaving the country. They are searching for foreign men because they want to be treated with more respect, not because of money.
Step-by-step guide on how to get Brazilian mail order bride
Meeting Brazilian brides is quite easy – thanks to online dating, you don’t need to go to Rio de Janeiro and try to approach Brazilian chicks there. Here’s what you need to do to meet real Brazilian beauties online.
- Choose a dating website. It’s very important to choose a reputable website because if you choose a site with poor reputation, you will probably not meet any real Brazilian ladies on it. Read all the reviews and test the sites yourself!
- Create a profile. Typically, there are more Brazilian mail order wives than Western men on these sites, but this doesn’t mean you can skip this step. You still need to stand out of the crowd of foreign men to attract Brazil mail order wives – so your profile must be catchy and cool. Pictures are very important, too!
- Start chatting with Brazil ladies. Be aware that you can’t chat with hundreds of local women on the sites with a credit system unless you’re going to spend a few thousands of bucks on it. That’s why we recommend you choose 3-5 Brazilian singles and chat with them.
- Meet these gorgeous ladies in person! You don’t have to chat with them for months – most Brazilian women for marriage you’ll meet online want to have a real relationship, not a long-distance fling.
Success stories with Brazilian mail order brides
Isabella and Steven. Steven (32, a technician from Denver) has tried almost all the most popular mail order bride services before he stopped at LaDate. He met several mailorder brides in person before Isabella, but all these stories didn’t end with marriage — unlike his story with Isabella. She is a 25-year old teacher from Rio — gorgeous, educated, and tired of local men. They chatted for 3 or 4 months in 2021 before they finally met in person — and in 2 months, they met once again. Steven spent more than 2 months in Rio before he proposed to Isabella — he won her heart with his sense of humour and confidence (her parents were impressed, too). Today, Isabella is waiting for her CR-1 visa — she has already attended the visa interview and everything went as smoothly as possible!
Adriana and Dominic. Dominic, a 25-year old American man with Brazilian ancestry, has never met American girls — he always thought that Brazilian ladies make perfect wives because of their traditions, loyalty, intelligence, and appearance. He met 3 local girls when he lived in Brazil (in 2018-2020), but after that, he had to move to the US. He found a great Brazil mail order bride website, ColombiaLady — and that’s where she met Adriana. This 19-year old student from Sao Paolo had several male friends from the US — she liked how they treated their girlfriends. That’s why she decided to find a boyfriend from this country!
Their first date happened in 2022, after 2 months of chatting — when Dominic bought tickets to Sao Paolo and decided to meet his online girlfriend in person. They are not married yet, but they live together in Brazil — and it looks like they have very serious plans for the future.
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. Thousands of American men meet Brazilian women every year, hundreds of Brazilian women for marriage get married to their foreign husbands every year – it’s 100% legal and lawful to meet and marry women from Brazil. You can take your bride to the United States lawfully, too – it will take around 8-12 months to get a K-1 visa (it costs $2,200). Once she arrives and you marry her, she’ll get a Green card. In 3 years after the wedding, she’ll become a US citizen – it’s 100% legal, too.
How to bring a Brazilian wife to the USA?
Dating Brazilian women is simple and fast – you only need to sign up for a dating site to start chatting with a beautiful Brazilian lady. Bringing that lady to your country is not that simple and definitely not that fast – getting a K-1 visa might take up to 12 months. Here’s a short guide on getting your Brazilian bride to the US:
- First, make sure you meet all the requirements for a K-1 visa. You must be a US citizen (not a permanent resident), you two must be eligible to marry, your relationship must be proved with evidence, and you must have met at least once within 2 years prior to applying for a visa.
- You’ll have to file Form I-129F first and to wait until it’s proceeded by USCIS (6-9 months).
- Then, your bride will file form DS-160 – it’s the actual visa application.
- After that, your bride will need to attend her visa interview – the officer who conducts the interview will ask her questions about your relationship to make sure it’s genuine and real.
- When it’s done, your bride will get a sealed K-1 visa packet (which must not be opened) – this means she can enter the US and you can marry her within 90 days of her arrival.
How to avoid Brazilian mail order bride scam?
Romance scam is a huge problem when it comes to online dating. It’s not about Brazilian brides, Ukrainian brides, or Filipino brides – the scammers don’t care about the country, they just use these sites to steal money from Americans who want to find love.
But the good news is that you shouldn’t worry about it. The following steps are simple and probably even obvious – but if you follow them, you will not get scammed on a dating site.
- Be aware of the red flags. If a woman you met on a dating site wants you to send her money, it’s a red flag. If you google her photo and see a lot of profiles on various dating websites, it’s a red flag, too. These are the most common warning signs – if you see any of them, the only thing you need to do is report the profile to the website’s customer support team.
- Phone calls and video chats are your best friends when it comes to international online dating. Set up a video chat early – that’s the best method to spot a fake profile. If a woman you’re chatting with doesn’t want to have a video call, it’s certainly a red flag.
- Don’t share financial information. Never share your credit card number and CVC/CVV code or your Paypal account to strangers on dating sites because if you do, you’ll probably get some bad news in the nearest future.
Yes, there are thousands of Brazilian brides on mail order bride websites. These women are interested in marrying a foreigner, they speak English, and they want to build a family with a man from the US. All the most reputable and trusted international dating sites have an ID verification procedure, so many women verify their identity to prove they’re real people. If you chat with Verified profiles only, you’ll minimize the chances of finding a fake profile.
It’s easier than ever now—you don’t need to go to Brazil and try to approach Brazilian girls on the streets of Rio. Basically, you only should sign up on a Brazilian mail order bride website and start chatting with women. After that, it’s up to you—you can meet these girls in person, propose to one of them, and bring her to the United States (it’s 100% legal).
Yes, it’s 100% possible to meet Brazilian mail order brides online. You need to find a good dating site, create a profile, and buy some credits/a monthly premium subscription to start chatting with thousands of Brazilian mail order brides. All the best Brazilian bride websites have a “Request a real date” feature so you can turn your online relationship into a real thing, too.
Yes, it’s legal. An American man can meet, date, and marry a Brazilian mail order bride and even bring her to the United States. Most foreign brides enter the US on a K-1 visa, but you can apply for a CR-1 visa in case you’re going to marry your girlfriend in Brazil. In all cases, your Brazilian wife will get a green card in a few months after entering the US. In 3 years, she’ll be able to become a US citizen.