Puerto Rican Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Puerto Rico
|🌏 Popular cities to meet Puerto Rican brides:||San Juan, Ponce, Bayamón|
|💰 Average cost of Puerto Rican bride:||$3,280-$6,000|
|⌛ Average age of Puerto Rican bride:||26.5 years old|
|💑 Best Puerto Rican dating site:||
|💌 Best Puerto Rican mail order bride site:||
If you’re interested in Puerto Rican brides, this is definitely the right place for you. Continue reading—in this guide, we’ll tell you how much it costs to get a Puerto Rican wife, how to meet Puerto Rican girls (step by step), and how not to get scammed while dating them online. Oh, and we’ll also talk with Luisa, a 25-year-old Puerto Rican lady who is currently searching for an American man on a mail order bride website!
Interview with Puerto Rican mail order bride
Hey, I’m Luisa, I’m 25, and I’m a nurse. I work in a kidney care management company in San Juan. I studied here and have lived all my life in this city. But now, I’m going to find a guy from the mainland US. So I’m a “mail order bride”, I guess!
Because of several reasons. First of all, I just want to find a guy who will be, you know, more calm and less “macho” than our local guys. And I also want to move to the US, so if I find a nice guy who would treat me well and there’s a spark between us, well, why not?
Oh, let me think. First, I asked some of my Puerto Rican friends who already found a husband from the mainland—there’s a Facebook group for those who’ve succeeded in finding an American man and for those who haven’t succeeded yet. They recommended LoveFort and Colombia Lady, if I remember correctly. I tried both of them, and it felt like there were more men on LoveFort, so I stayed there. I read several reviews, so I was sure this site was pretty safe, and it hasn’t disappointed me yet.
Yes, I have! I met 1 guy IRL, he had a vacation, and we even had 4 dates! But there wasn’t anything serious, actually. We kissed and discussed our plans, which was why it didn’t work out, surprisingly. He’s 50-ish and planned to stay in Puerto Rico, which makes sense because of friendly people, low cost of living, and beaches, but that’s not what I want.
I also chatted with 5 or more men, but, as I’ve said, nothing serious.
Well, my experience is probably not what you expect… But I (and I know a lot of Puerto Rican ladies who think the same way) believe that in American couples, women usually don’t depend on men financially, and this means that women don’t need to stuff their opinions and plans down. It’s like, American men don’t see themselves as the ultimate authority in a relationship. That’s what I like, at least in theory. I believe that men from the US are less “conservative” and more into gender equality. I just don’t wanna be treated as an object. American men are ok with this simple idea—and that’s what I like about them.
What I don’t like is that sometimes, some men think that there are thousands of hot Puerto Rican girls who would gladly, you know, sleep with them on the first date and bow to them just because they are gorgeous American men in their 50s. That’s not how it works. If you want a Puerto Rican girl, be consistent, be respectful, and be serious about it. We’re not “easy”.
There’s a Facebook group for Puerto Rican brides, and there are lots of girls there who discuss their experiences, both good and bad ones. From what I read there, there are, and there will always be, scammers on Puerto Rican bride websites. They can steal your money, steal your credit card info, or just blackmail you. They are not from Puerto Rico or from the mainland US, but they are always here, and you need to be careful about it. But on LoveFort, it’s the site I’m using, I met zero scammers since I first signed up there.
Luisa, can you help singles from the US understand Puerto Rican women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Puerto Rican woman, please.
First, if you want to impress and attract Puerto Rican girls, you should be respectful. You know, I already talked about respect, so it may sound like a repetition, but still—it’s basically the main rule, you must respect a Puerto Rican woman if you build a relationship with her.
It’s also very important that you not talk poorly not about her family but also about Puerto Rico. See, we are very patriotic and proud of our history, so even though our economy is not that great, and there may be other countries and territories that are richer and more developed, you should still not mention it. Talk about other things, compliment the weather and beaches instead; you can’t go wrong with these topics in Puerto Rico.
And third, look your best. Should I really elaborate on it? Puerto Rican singles you meet will be incredibly beautiful. Most girls here are naturally attractive, and they also do their best to look even better. That’s why you’ll have to look great, too. Or at least don’t look like a typical tourist from the mainland!
Thanks to Luisa, we now know a little more about dating Puerto Rican women. Let’s make a short conclusion:
- Puerto Rican girls seek respect in a relationship, and they expect to have it when they start dating American men.
- They are very beautiful by nature, and they put a lot of effort in order to look even more beautiful, so you’ll need to look great on a date, too.
- Thinking of Puerto Rican brides as of “easy” girls ready for one-night stands will most likely not lead you anywhere.
That’s a lot, but that’s only some of what you need to know about Puerto Rican brides. Continue reading, and you’ll find out how to get a bride from this country, how not to get scammed, and how much it costs to get a Puerto Rican woman to the US. But first, let’s take a look at some numbers and facts you should know about Puerto Rican women!
Facts about marriages with Puerto Rican mail order brides
- Marriages with Puerto Rican women result in a breakup less frequently than marriages with American women in every other US state. Thus, the divorce rate in Puerto Rico is only 4.2 divorces per 1,000 married women, which is very low compared to the national average (7.7 divorces per 1,000 married women). In fact, even in North Dakota, a state with the lowest divorce rate in the US (we’re not counting unincorporated territories here), it’s 4.7 divorces per 1,000 married women!
- Puerto Rican women tend to be stay at home wives more than American women. The female labor force participation rate in this territory is 41.6%, while in the USA, it’s 46.38%. But again, it’s not only about their traditional mindset, it’s also about the unemployment rate, which is higher in Puerto Rico than in the United States (5.6% vs 3.4%).
- Puerto Rican brides don’t tie the knot early. The median age at first marriage for Puerto Rican women was 26.5 years (according to the latest survey available). The median age at first marriage in the US is 28 years old for women, so the difference is not that large here.
- Puerto Rican women have children earlier than most other women in the US—the mean age of Puerto Rican mothers at first birth in the US is 25.2 years (only Native Hawaiians, Mexicans, American Indians, and Alaska natives have their first children earlier).
- These ladies don’t have a lot of children despite the stereotype about large Puerto Rican families. The TFR (total fertility rate) for Puerto Rican ladies is only 0.9 births per 1 woman which is the lowest rate in the United States and one of the lowest rates in the world. The reasons are simple: high levels of migration to the mainland and economic problems.
So, here are the TOP-5 Puerto Rican Dating Sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a Puerto Rican bride cost?
Let’s now talk about how much it actually costs to bring a Puerto Rican woman to the mainland US. First of all, you can’t “buy” a Puerto Rican bride, of course. You can date her—and here, we’ll talk about how much you’ll pay for it.
First of all, you’ll have to pay for a dating website because most sites with Puerto Rican girls are not 100% free to use. Let’s take a look at LoveFort and explain the pricing model. This site has a credit system with 5 credit packages available. Here they are:
- 20 credits cost $10 ($3 for new members)
- 50 credits cost $20
- 125 credits cost $45
- 250 credits cost $70
- 750 credits cost $150
There are several premium features and tools on LoveFort. Here’s how much you’ll pay for them:
- 2 credits to use a live chat for 1 minute
- 30 credits to send an email to a woman
- 10 credits to open an email
- 50 credits to open a video attachment
- 25 credits to watch a profile video
You can do the calculations yourself here, but the fact is that with credit-based dating websites, you can always stay within budget. In general, $150-$200 would be enough for a month of chatting with several Puerto Rican brides on a site like LoveFort.
What about meeting your Puerto Rican bride? Let’s assume you’ll need a 2-week trip to San Juan. You can’t really know someone if you only had 2 or 3 dates with them, right? So, here’s how much a 2-week trip will cost you:
- Tickets to Puerto Rico — $200 (round-trip)
- Hotel room — around $80 per day or $1,120 for 2 weeks
- Transportation and restaurants — around $50 per day or $700 for 2 weeks
- Entertainments — $90 per day for 2 people ($1,260 for 2 weeks)
- Total — around $3,280 for a 2-week trip
So, let’s sum it up:
- Online dating — $150-$200 for a month
- A 2-week trip — $3,280
- Visa fees — $0 (Puerto Rican brides are American citizens)
- A Puerto Rican wedding — around $2,500
- Total — $6,000
P.S. Luisa, the girl we’ve interviewed before writing this guide, uses LoveFort. It’s a decent dating platform: it has lots of Puerto Rican brides, it’s very convenient and easy to use, and it has a good reputation among experts. But there are lots of other trusted, reputable, and convenient dating sites with thousands of Puerto Rican brides—for example, La Date and Colombia Lady. They have nice welcome bonuses, too, so you should at least try them!
🇵🇷 Find Puerto Rican Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get Puerto Rican mail order bride
Let’s talk about dating Puerto Rican brides once again. What do you need to do if you’re in the mainland US and want to meet real ladies from San Juan, Bayamon, or Carolina? Here’s a step by step guide.
- Find a trusted Puerto Rican bride platform. There are lots of Puerto Rican dating sites with fake profiles and scammers, so it’s very important to choose a 100% trusted platform. Read expert reviews carefully, test the sites yourself, and make sure the profiles of Puerto Rican mail order brides are real (googling their photos is usually enough to spot a fake profile).
- Use a welcome bonus. Most Puerto Rican bride platforms are not free to use but it’s not that you have to pay right away. LoveFort, for instance, offers 20 credits for all the new members: this means you’ll be able to start chatting with beautiful Puerto Rican women without buying any credits.
- Make sure your dating profile is impeccable. First, it’s about your pictures: avoid group photos, choose the most recent pictures, show your hobbies or interests, upload some full-body photos and some selfies, too. Second, it’s about your profile description or profile bio: show you’re fun, talk about your interests, write about your relationship goals, and state your intentions.
- Start chatting with Puerto Ricans. Live chat is usually the most affordable messaging tool, but Puerto Rican mail order bride platforms typically offer more communication features like emails. Some websites (like ColombiaLady) even have a video chat tool!
- Meet them in person. Falling into the online-dating-only trap may prevent you from finding a partner—texting is ok, just don’t mistake it for a real relationship. It becomes real only after you actually meet that Puerto Rican girl.
That’s all. During your dating experience, you will collect more tips or even invent your ones, but these will help you start with comfort. Below you will find the stories of those who succeeded in meeting their lovers; these people know some tips and tricks for sure! Read on to check their stories.
Success stories with Puerto Rican mail order brides
We don’t know how many Puerto Rico brides get married to men from the mainland USA every single year, but our estimation based on experience is thousands of them. We found two couples who met on a dating site and got married after that—here are their stories.
Georgia (21, student, San Juan) is one of those incredibly beautiful Puerto Rican brides you probably expect to see when you sign up on a dating site—she’s a student but works part-time as a model. She created a dating profile on LaDate in 2021 because she wanted to find a decent man, but it’s not like she was looking for a husband there. Paul, a 38-year-old man from Chicago, didn’t have any serious intentions when he first signed up on LaDate, either. But soon after they started chatting, they realized they were perfect for each other. 7 dates, 4 months, and 1 proposal later, Georgia moved to his home. Today, they live in Archer Heights, and Georgia continues studying online, and they are really happy with their relationship.
Amanda, a 26-year-old sales manager from Bayamon, met Michael (32, engineer) on ColombiaLady in 2020. Michael wanted to meet Puerto Rican women because he heard they were “traditional but fun” and Amanda wanted to build a serious relationship with a guy from mainland USA. They chatted for 10 months, and only after that Michael visited Puerto Rico—they went to museums, bars, and Ocean Park, and sunbathed on the beaches on the northeast of the city. Amanda was the first to talk about the wedding, and Michael thought that it was a great idea, too. However, it took them 6 months to understand their feelings completely—but after these months, in December of 2021, Michael proposed, and Amanda said “yes”!
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. You can use online dating sites with women from Latin America, European brides, and Asian ladies, of course. It’s 100% legal to date them and to marry them.
And if you have questions like “are Puerto Rican brides legal?”, the answer is yes again. Puerto Rican females are American citizens, which means marrying and bringing Puerto Rico girls to the US is much easier than bringing Asian, European, or Latin mail order brides to America. Now, let’s be more detailed.
How to bring a Puerto Rican wife to the USA?
Usually, when American men meet foreign ladies, they need to go through a time-consuming and pretty expensive process of getting a K-1 or a CR-1 visa. But if you choose Puerto Rican women, there’s no such thing as a visa for your future bride. Most Puerto Rican women—and by most, we mean 99% of them—are US citizens. This means you can even marry that girl in Puerto Rico—it’s as legally binding as doing it in your local courthouse. No visas are needed, you just marry her, and that’s all.
How to avoid Puerto Rican mail order bride scam?
Luisa, our interviewee, said a phrase that describes online dating perfectly: there can always be scammers on dating sites/international marriage agencies. This doesn’t mean you need to be too worried about it, of course, but you need to be aware of it. Here, we’ll talk about the top 3 most common scam types you need to know about.
- Blackmail. Here’s how it works: you chat with a Puerto Rican woman, things get hot, she sends you some NSFW pictures, you send her something back, and then you get an email with threats and a Bitcoin wallet address. It wasn’t a real Puerto Rican woman, it was a scammer who used social engineering to get what they wanted from you.
- Scammers trying to steal your money. Some of them may come up with sad stories to make you send them money, the others may use more complex tactics when they first steal your Paypal/credit card information and then steal money from there.
- Scam dating sites with fake Latin women. Well, it’s not a Latin women thing, of course: if you’re into Slavic brides or Asian ladies, you may face this problem, too. What we’re talking about here is fake dating platforms with fake profiles administered by the sites’ teams. They don’t need you to send them money, they don’t steal your credit card number. They just make you pay more and more for chatting with fake profiles.
But why did we say you don’t need to be “too worried” about it? Because, in most cases, it’s pretty easy to protect yourself. Basically, the rules are very simple: you need to choose only trusted dating platforms to meet Puerto Rican brides, you need to google the photos of every Puerto Rican beauty you’re chatting with in order to not chat with a scammer, and you shouldn’t send compromising photos or videos to that Puerto Rican girl you never met in person. And remember: if a Puerto Rican woman you just met online wants you to send her money, it’s 100% a scammer, no exceptions.