Chinese Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from China
|❤️ Success Rate||89%|
|🌏 Popular Chinese cities with brides||Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong|
|💰 Average cost of Chinese bride||$1,100 — $4,200|
|⌛ Average age of Chinese bride||25 y.o.|
|💑 Best Chinese dating site|
|💌 Best Chinese mail order bride site|
|💔 Average divorce rate||25%|
|⚖️ Is it legal?||Yes|
Chinese mail order wives are extremely popular among American men—in 2019, more than 1,100 Chinese brides entered the United States on a K-1 (fiancée) visa. If you’re interested in Chinese wives, too, you’ve come to the right place.
Here, we’ll tell you how much it costs to bring a Chinese girl to the US and how and where to meet Chinese girls. We’ll explain how not to get scammed and what China brides like most about American men. We’ll talk with Yi Fei here, too—she is a Chinese mail order bride from Shenzhen, and she definitely knows a lot about this industry and how Chinese dating culture works. Let’s begin with her story.
Interview with Yi Fei—a Chinese mail order bride
Yi rocks, doesn’t she? Let’s sum up what she said:
- Most Chinese girls for marriage love romantic stuff
- Being respectful is as important as being a good listener to Chinese ladies
- Beautiful Chinese women think American men make better partners than Chinese men
- A small gift on the first date is a great thing to impress a Chinese lady (but not all Chinese women for marriage, of course)
- 18-year-old single Chinese women typically don’t have earnest intentions
Now, let’s continue talking about single Chinese ladies. We’ll talk about how to date them a bit later, and we’ll also explain how to bring a Chinese bride from her country to the United States—but first, let’s focus on statistics and facts.
Where & how to find a Chinese wife
There are three ways to meet real Chinese brides for marriage—offline dating (in China), offline dating (in the US), and online dating. So let’s take a closer look at each one.
- First of all, you can go to China to meet local women there. This is a fun and interesting way to meet Chinese women, but the problem here is that these ladies are generally not that approachable when it comes to offline dating. Another problem here is that even a 1-week vacation to China will cost at least $1,200 for a solo traveler.
- You can also meet Chinese women in the US (online or on the streets, in bars, or in other places). We believe that in this case, your chances will be much higher than in China because Asians who have been in the US for a long time are often more approachable and open-minded. Thus, if you want to increase your chances of meeting a Chinese lady, we highly recommend you focus on New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco (metropolitan areas with more than 500,000 Chinese population).
- Online dating is the best option you have, in our opinion. First of all, it’s cheap—most Chinese dating sites cost around $100-$150 per month. Second, it’s incredibly convenient—you just need to spend 1-2 minutes to start chatting with real women. Finally, it’s a perfect opportunity to meet marriage-minded women because most women on these sites have serious intentions.
Facts about marriages with Chinese mail order brides
- Many Chinese women get married earlier than women from the United States (25 years vs. 27 years), but not when compared with other Asian mail order brides—women in Southeast Asia get married much earlier (21-23 years old), while women from Japan and South Korea typically get married later (28-31 years old).
- The same is true for the total fertility rate—it’s around 1.7 in China, which is much lower than in Southeast Asia (where the TFR is around 2-3) and much higher than in Japan/South Korea (where the TFR is about 1-1.3).
- Chinese women tend to have children quite late—the mean age of childbearing in this country is around 27.6 years old. Chinese mail order brides prefer to get a career first—it’s a very popular trend in modern Asian countries, even in those which were very conservative a few decades ago.
- China has a high divorce rate—3.2 divorces per 1,000 people. In fact, it’s in the top-10 countries with the highest divorce rates in the world, and if we take Asia, it’s the second top country, surpassed only by Kazakhstan! The divorce rate in China is higher than in the United States, too (3.2 vs. 2.7 divorces per 1,000 people). Why? The reasons are unclear—but it most likely has something to do with urbanization, gender equality (women can file for divorce/separation), and with the deinstitutionalization of the concept of marriage.
How much does a Chinese bride cost?
You don’t “buy” a Chinese mail order bride, obviously—but you can pay for premium membership on a Chinese bride website, for a trip to China, and for a K-1 visa for your Chinese wife. Let’s be more detailed:
Chinese mail order brides websites cost around $80-$120 per month (depending on the features you’re going to use on a dating site)
- Tickets from the US to China cost $600-$1,000 (depending on the season)
- A hotel room costs around $45 per day
- Transportation (taxis and buses)—$15 per day
- Food—$25 per day
- Entertainment (shows, museums, tours, attractions)—$30 per day
You’ll need to spend at least 2 weeks in this country to meet Chinese ladies you communicated with online. Taking into account the prices we’ve mentioned before, a 2-week trip to China will cost you around $2,200-$2,600.
Of course, the cost of a trip to China depends on several factors, such as a season (low/high season), your travel style (5-star hotels in Beijing cost much more than $45 per day), and the gifts you’re going to give to your Chinese bride online or offline. But in general, $2,200-$2,600 will be enough for you to have a nice 2-week trip to this country and to meet several Chinese wives.
As for the online dating services, it’s not always $80-$120. The point is, there are two types of Chinese brides services—the ones with a premium membership system and the ones with a credit system. The sites that fall into the latter category work better for those who want to see what they pay for—if you’re using a Chinese brides service with a credit system, you only pay for the features you really need, which means you can save money by simply not using expensive features like a video chat. The sites with a premium membership system are typically a bit less expensive ($50-$90 per month), but they don’t offer an opportunity to save money.
🇨🇳 Find Chinese Wife Online
Chinese Women for Marriage Stereotypes
We have all heard some stereotypes about Chinese women, but obviously, not all of these stereotypes are true. Here, we’ll talk about the top 3 most popular myths about Chinese brides and tell you all the truth about them.
❌ Chinese wives are gold-diggers or green card seekers
It’s just not true. Of course, there are some gold-diggers and women who want to get a green card in China, but it’s not a Chinese-only phenomenon. The absolute majority of women you will meet on dating sites are genuinely interested in a serious relationship with a foreigner, not in getting a green card.
❌ “Shy and passive” Chinese women
It’s one of the most common reasons why Westerners want to find a Chinese wife. There are many Americans who still think Asian women are shy, obedient, and all of that. But in reality, modern Chinese ladies have achieved unprecedented levels of gender equality and equal rights with men in all spheres of life. They are hard-working and ambitious, financially independent, and well-educated, and hard-working, independent, and educated women just can’t be obedient, docile, or passive.
❌ Asian ladies are too controlling when it comes to money
Well, there is a common stereotype about wives controlling the money in Chinese families, but this isn’t 100% true anymore. It might have worked like this a few decades ago because of various factors such as insecurity and fear of divorce, but modern Chinese girls usually agree that family finances should be handled by both wife and husband.
So do not let silly myths stand between you and your dreams to date gorgeous Chinese ladies.
Step-by-step guide on how to get Chinese mail order bride
So, how to meet a Chinese woman online? It’s not that difficult—just follow this simple guide, and you’ll be able to chat with thousands of Chinese mail order wives in a few minutes!
- First, choose a website to chat with Chinese brides online. There are lots of free dating sites, but we highly recommend you use only trusted and reputable services with Chinese women—that’s how you can be sure about their safety. Paid Chinese brides sites usually offer a better anti-scam protection system and usually have a faster customer service team, so you’re paying for safety in the first place.
- Then, create a profile—write an interesting profile bio and upload some of your recent pictures. Technically, you are not required to upload your photos, but you can’t skip this step if you’re going to meet a Chinese wife in person. If you’re only going to chat with Chinese women online, you can use any photo and any name, of course.
- Most Chinese brides sites are paid, as we just said, so you’ll have to buy credits/pay for premium membership after the registration. However, good sites with Chinese brides typically offer interesting welcome bonuses. If you sign up on Eastern Honeys, for example (the site Yi, our interviewee, is actively using), you’ll get 30 free credits right after the registration—these credits will help you test some of the advanced services and chat with Chinese brides for free.
- Then, start chatting with Chinese women—we recommend you chat with 3-5 girls to increase your chances of finding a perfect match.
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
It’s 100% legal. American men can use Chinese brides sites, meet Chinese brides online and offline, and marry Chinese women without any legal problems. What’s even more important, you can bring your Chinese wife to your country legally—Chinese brides can enter the US through a K-1 visa. Chinese ladies who got married to American men outside the US can enter the country through a CR-1 visa. In 3 years after that, your Chinese wife will be able to become a US citizen.
How to bring a Chinese wife to the USA?
If you’re going to chat with Chinese brides online, you can skip this entire paragraph. But if your plans are more serious than that and you’re planning to bring your Chinese woman to the US, this guide will definitely be useful for you. So, how to get your Chinese mail order wife to the United States?
- First, you’ll need to file Form I-129F—it’s the petition for a K-1 visa. You must be a US citizen to file this Form, not a green cardholder.
- When the Form is approved by the USCIS, you’ll get an approval notice—after that, your Chinese bride will need to file Form DS-160 (visa application).
- At this stage, you’ll need to provide recent tax returns and Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support).
- After that, a Chinese woman will need to attend the visa interview to make sure your relationship is genuine and real.
- When it’s done, your bride will be able to enter the US (you must get married within 90 days after the arrival).
- P.S. Chinese women (as well as all mail order brides) are often afraid of the K-1 visa interview, but you have nothing to worry about if you’re not trying to fool the USCIS. The officers will ask your bride several questions about you and your relationship—these questions are easy to answer if you’re really planning a wedding.
How to avoid Chinese mail order bride scam?
First of all, it’s not about Chinese brides or Chinese women only—the international dating scene and mail order brides sites attract scammers no matter the country. The fact there are lots of scammers on some online dating platforms doesn’t mean that Chinese mail order wives are scammers—typically, people who want to steal your money are not from China (and they are usually not women, to be fair).
But it doesn’t really matter right now. What we wanted to talk about is: how to not get scammed on a website with Chinese brides for marriage? The following rules will help you feel safer on a dating platform:
- First, always choose the best dating sites with the best reputation. It can be quite time-consuming, but it’s the best thing you can do—trusted and popular dating services have better anti-scam protection and a professional customer support team.
- Always google the photos of a pretty Chinese girl you’re chatting with. For example, if you google the photos of Yi, the girl we interviewed, you won’t find any dating profiles with her pictures—this means she is a real person.
- Never send money to Chinese brides for marriage you met on a dating service. No mail order brides from China would ask you for money, and if they do, they are 100% scammers.
- Never provide financial information to “brides from China.” Your credit card number, CVV code, and your PayPal info must be kept private.
As you can see, it’s not that difficult. Romance scammers don’t have enough time to create unique strategies—they ask you for money, they want you to share your credit card number and CVV/CVC code, and if they don’t succeed, they find another victim. That’s why these simple and obvious rules are the best things you can do to protect yourself.
Yes. We can’t, however, say that all the Chinese bride profiles on all Asian dating sites are 100% real, because unfortunately, there are always some fake profiles. What we recommend is chatting only with the girls who have a Verified badge on their profiles. All the trustworthy Chinese dating platforms have an ID verification feature, and from what we’ve seen, it looks like most Chinese brides on these sites don’t skip this step during the registration.
First, choose a good Chinese dating platform. Then, create a profile on it. After that, buy some credits or pay for a premium subscription because literally all the reliable Chinese mail order bride websites are not free to use. When it’s done, you can start chatting with the hottest Chinese brides—it’s up to you when to ask them on a real date and when to book a flight to Beijing or other town.
Yes. China is one of the most popular mail order bride countries in the world right now—more than 1,000 Chinese women get married to American men every year. As for the “meeting them online” part, it’s possible, too—online dating is very convenient, fast, and cheap, so no one goes to another country to approach foreign women on the streets anymore.
Yes, it’s totally legal. Chinese women are among the most popular mail order brides in the world and it wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t legal. American citizens can meet, date, and marry Chinese ladies both in China, in the US, and in any other country in the world. Your Chinese mail order wife will be able to enter the USA legally on a K-1 visa, and after that, she’ll be able to get a green card.