Dominican Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Dominican Republic
If you’re interested in hot Dominican women, you’ve come to the right place. Here, you’ll find some really useful tips on dating Dominican ladies, a full-price breakdown, interesting facts, and an interview with a real Dominican bride from Santo Domingo. She’s only 25 and hasn’t found a husband yet—so if you like her, you know what to do!
Interview with Dominican mail order bride
Who are you?
I’m Sharik, I’m 24, I live in Santo Domingo. I’m a management assistant in a small company. And I’m using mail order bride websites, so that’s why I’m here, I guess!
Why did you become a mail order bride?
You know, I always thought Dominican guys are actually the best… Until I started dating them. I met 3 guys during my life, and it’s just… you know, I’m not going to offend anyone here, but they are just too “macho” and too confident sometimes. I want a calmer guy, a guy who would treat me with respect, not a guy with those gender norms from the 18th century in his head. That’s why I decided to find a man outside the country.
How did you choose the dating site?
I read the reviews, but nothing more. I didn’t even test the sites, to be fair. I read a few reviews, created an account on LoveFort, and started getting messages, that’s all. I know it’s probably not the wisest of ideas to choose dating sites like this, but well, it worked pretty well for me.
Why do you want a foreign husband?
Because they are better than local guys, clearly! As I said, no offense, please, but they are just more… mature, maybe, I don’t know. Mature, yes, and more respectful than men from Dominicana. They often want something serious, not just sexo casual, you know. I won’t translate that, you’ve got the idea.
Have you already communicated with Western men on dating sites?
Yes, but nothing serious. I chatted with 5 guys, and one of them was very serious about it, but his account was blocked, I don’t know why. Maybe his wife found out, lol. The others said they had serious intentions, too, but it didn’t go anywhere yet.
What do you like about Western men and what do you not like?
I’m not that experienced to talk about it, no? Well, alright. I like that Westerners treat women as equals. They don’t want to look more confident and masculine than they really are, and that’s what I really love about them. Our local men are not like this—it’s all about el machismo here, it’s all about sleeping with more women than other men, and it’s all about bragging about your money even if you are actually broke. Americans are calmer, more respectful, and more attractive because of that.
What I don’t like—is when people say sweet things and then just disappear or stop messaging you. That’s brutal, guys. Don’t act like this, please.
People often worry about scams and fakes on dating sites. Is using mail order bride sites safe, in your opinion?
You know, I heard about scams, but I never actually met a scammer—but I know a lot about this problem because I read some stories and guides before creating a profile on LoveFort. However, I met several fake profiles—one of them had a photo of Leonardo DiCaprio and a stupid profile description. I just blocked them when they sent messages to me, that’s all.
As for safety, well, again, I’m not that experienced. I know about gold diggers and people who can talk you into sending them your credit card number and code, but I think it’s easy to protect yourself from stuff like this. Like, just don’t tell anyone this information and don’t send money, that’s all.
Sharik, can you help singles from the US understand Dominican women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Dominican woman, please
I believe this idea is like el hilo rojo, I mean, it runs like a red thread through this interview: it’s all about respect. Be a gentleman, buy a small gift, and be confident but don’t try to look more confident than you are. It’s not even about holding the door or pulling the chair out, actually. It’s about being respectful of our feelings and us as humans, doesn’t play with our feelings, treats us like equals—that’s what most Dominican brides are looking for, I believe.
Well, Sharik said it all—first of all, you should be respectful if you want to impress Dominican women. Be calm and caring, but don’t mistake being calm with being passive or weak, no Latina or Caribbean woman would like it. And be loyal—she didn’t mention this side of “machismo,” but trust me, it’s very important for them, too.
We finished with Sharik here, but it’s just the beginning of a guide. Continue reading, and you’ll find some interesting facts about Dominican girls, find out how much it costs to marry a Dominican bride and bring her to the US, learn how to date them online and get even more interesting info.
Facts about marriages with Dominican mail order brides
- They get married very early. The mean age at first marriage in this country is lower than 20 years old—in 2021, it was 19.8. By the way, this doesn’t mean that all of them get married before their 20th birthday, it’s more like a problem of child marriages that brings the statistics down. Thus, more than 1/3 of women aged 20-24 were married before their 18th birthday, which is an extremely high rate.
- It depends on the region, though. The Dominican ladies from the capital, Santo Domingo, get married later. For them, the average age at first marriage is 20.8 years old.
- The mother’s mean age at childbirth is also very low—it’s around 20.9 years old for Dominican women.
- The Dominican Republic is the 12th country in the world regarding the highest divorce rate—in this country, there are 2.7 divorces per 1,000 population (in the US, the divorce rate is 2.3). Well, it’s not surprising, taking into account how early they enter into a marriage.
- Dominican women tend to have more children than ladies from Western countries. In the Dominican Republic, the total fertility rate is 2.3 children per woman, while in most Western countries, it’s around 1.5-1.8 (1.64 in the United States).
So, here are the TOP-5 Dominican Dating Sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a Dominican bride cost?
You can not “buy” a bride, obviously. But you can chat with her, meet her, and bring her to the US—and all these steps are, well, not 100% free. So let’s be more detailed.
I’ll take the website our interviewee is using, LoveFort. It’s one of the best international dating sites available right now, so it would be useful to look at how much it actually costs.
So, this website has a credit system: you buy credits first and then exchange them for messaging tools. Here are the credit packages available:
- 20 credits cost $10 ($3 for new users) – $0.5/0.15 per credit
- 50 credits cost $20 – $0.4 per credit
- 125 credits cost $45 – $0.36 per credit
- 250 credits cost $70 – $0.28 per credit
- 750 credits cost $150 – only 20 cents per credit
Here’s how much the live chat and other extra features cost on this site:
- Sending an email – 30 credits (10 credits for the very first email to a certain member)
- Live chat – 2 credits per minute
- Opening a chat photo/video – 10 credits/50 credits
As you see, the live chat is the most affordable option here—if you buy the largest credit package available, you’ll only pay $0.4 for 1 minute of chatting with real Dominican brides.
But it’s not only about online dating. As we’ve said earlier, you’ll also need to visit your bride in her country and spend at least 2 weeks there to get to know your partner better. Then you need to bring her to the US, which means paying the K-1 visa fee in the first place. Here’s how much all this will cost:
- Online dating – $150-$200 per month
- Tickets from the US to the Dominican Republic – $200-$300
- A 2-week trip to this country – from $1,300 to $2,800, depending on your budget
- A K-1 visa – is around $2,100 ($535 for I-129F, $265 for DS-160, $85 for biometrics, around $100 for medical examination, and $1,140 for a green card)
- Grand totals – $3,750-$5,400
If LoveFort is not what you need, you may enjoy some other dating websites focused on Latin America—La-Date and ColombiaLady, for example. They are as trusted and popular as LoveFort, so they are worth giving a shot, too.
🇩🇴 Find Dominican Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get a Dominican mail order bride
How to meet Dominican brides online? Here’s a short step-by-step guide that will help you start chatting with single Dominican women for marriage today!
- First, choose a dating website. There are many online dating platforms where you can meet Dominican girls, but not all are truly worth it. Read the expert reviews carefully, analyze the profiles’ quality, and ensure the site has an ID verification tool. On LoveFort, for example, most female profiles are ID-verified, which minimizes the risks of meeting a fake profile.
- Then, create a profile that would stand out from the crowd. You’ll need to do your best here: upload your best (but only recent) pictures, write a catchy description, mention your relationship goals, and try to tell a story about your personality with those pictures and profile bio.
- Utilize the welcome bonuses. Typically, dating websites with Dominican wives tend to offer certain types of bonuses for new users: on LoveFort and La-Date, for example, you’ll get 20 free credits right after the registration. This is a great feature for those who want to test a dating website but don’t want to pay right away.
- Chat with Dominican beauties: show respect, be serious about your relationship goals, and show them that you’re a reliable, caring, and loyal guy who’s genuinely interested in these amazing ladies.
If you use these simple tips, you can very easily and quickly find the Dominican mail order bride of your dreams.
Success stories with Dominican mail order brides
Tens of thousands of Americans start dating Dominican girls, and thousands of them marry their Dominican brides every single year (in 2019, for example, there were 1,270 such marriages). I contacted two American-Dominican couples who met online and asked them to tell their stories. Here they are.
Michael, a 39-year-old technician from Texas, signed up on La-Date in 2017 and started chatting with Latin brides right away—but he found real love only 2 years later, in 2019, when he first met Anabel there. Anabel, a 21-year-old lady from Santiago de los Caballeros, was a student back then and didn’t look for anything serious. But it turned out that Michael made her change her mind—after 4 months and 3 in-person dates, she agreed to move to the United States with him. Today, they’re living happily in their small house in Houston.
Richard and Carmen met in 2022 on ColombiaLady—a dating platform focused on Latin women and ladies from the Caribbean region. “This website has a video chat, so we spent hours chatting face to face. If it wasn’t for video chat, I would probably not fall for her so quickly”, Richard says. They met pretty soon—their first date was only 3 weeks after their first online conversation. Today, they’re still in a long-distance relationship phase, but they are exclusive and planning to make it even more serious—so let’s wish them all the best.
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. It’s completely legal to date Dominican brides using online dating websites, mail order bride platforms, and mail order brides agencies/brokers. She can visit the US on a B-2 (tourist) visa, you can meet her in her country, or you can meet anywhere else. What’s more, your Dominican wife/bride will be able to enter the US, get a green card, and even become a US citizen through naturalization 2 years after getting a green card.
How to bring a Dominican wife to the USA?
If you want to bring a Dominican mail order bride to the United States, here’s a piece of good news for you: it’s completely legal to do it. However, it’s not that easy and effortless, actually. Here’s an algorithm for getting a K-1 (fiancee) visa for your Dominican girlfriend.
- First, make sure you’re eligible. You must be a US citizen, you must plan to marry your bride within 90 days after she arrives in the US, and your income must meet certain requirements: at least 100% of the federal poverty guidelines or $19,720 for 2 people in a family (in 48 states).
- Then, file Form I-129F (the petition for a foreign fiancee) with the USCIS office. After that, your bride’s case will be sent to the US Embassy—you’ll receive a letter when it is done.
- Your bride will have to complete Form DS-160 and collect all the documents, such as her birth certificate, medical examination certificate, police certificate, etc.
- With all these, she’ll need to attend the visa interview. After that, she’ll have to pay the visa fee.
When everything is done, your Dominican bride will be able to enter the United States.
How to avoid a Dominican mail order bride scam?
Dominican mail order brides are great, and there are so many Dominican ladies on dating websites, but the problem here is that not all of them are actually real. What’s more, not all of them want to steal your heart—some of them are more interested in your credit card details. So here are the top 3 scams you need to be aware of.
- Fake Dominican mail order wives who want you to send them money. It’s as simple as it sounds: you chat with gorgeous Dominican brides online, and then they suddenly ask you to send them money to solve their problems or to pay for a ticket to the US. It’s always a scam, obviously.
- Fake dating sites with no real users. Here’s how it works: you find a dating platform with thousands of hot Dominican Republic women; you start chatting with them, and everything goes fine for a month or a year until you realize there are actually no real Dominican women there—only fake profiles created by the website team. The only goal of such websites is to make you pay for communication.
- Blackmail. You meet Dominican women online, exchange pictures or videos, or simply reveal information that shouldn’t reveal. Then, they ask you to pay them to avoid sending these photos/videos/information to all your Facebook friends.
But the good news is that it’s not that difficult to minimize the chances of falling into this trap.
- You should only choose trusted dating sites with Dominican wives—websites like LoveFort, La Date, and ColombiaLady, for example, have an ID verification tool, meaning the absolute majority of Dominican women there are 100% real.
- Second, you should always pay attention to how the profile looks like, google the photos, and pay attention to how that supposedly Dominican mail order wife chats with you. The scammers are usually not the most intelligent people in the world, so they often skip the build-up and get straight to the point where they ask you for money.
- And third, don’t send money to people you meet on an online dating site.
Follow these rules and you’ll be fine.