Swedish Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Sweden
|🌏 Popular cities to meet Swedish brides:
|Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö
|💰 Average cost of Swedish bride:
|$2,900 — $8,200
|⌛ Average age of Swedish bride:
|34 years old
|💑 Best Swedish dating site:
|💌 Best Swedish mail order bride site:
The very term ‘Swedish mail order brides’ may sound like an oxymoron. However, we found a real Swedish mail order bride and interviewed her. If you want to learn more about the motivation of Swedish brides, the cost of getting a Swedish girlfriend for a foreigner, and the pitfalls of cross-cultural dating, just keep reading. I’ll answer these and many more questions in this guide.
Interview with a Swedish mail order bride
Hi, my name is Anastasiia, I’m 28 years old, and I’m an anesthesiologist with a weird hobby. I love makeup and spend most of my free time doing them for myself and all my girlfriends. I’m also a single mom of a wonderful 6-year-old boy. I’m now single and searching for a man who’d respect me and care about me as much as I care for him, and of course, I’d like to meet a guy who’ll love my kid too. Unfortunately, it’s not that easy. Probably, that’s one of the reasons why I started to search for a future husband on sites where I can meet men who are ready to settle down. Most of them have kids, too, so they understand what it’s like to be a single parent. I have no problem with that, of course.
Everything is simple. I just want a family. Some will say that the nuclear family is a relic of the past and you shouldn’t be obsessed with it. I agree that there’s nothing good about being obsessed with anything, but I still want to have a husband, and I do want to have more children. As I’ve said, I don’t mind if a man has kids, too. I’ve been dating local guys, of course, and some of them were really nice to me and my child, but in the end, it turned out that none of them were ready to start a serious relationship. Don’t get me wrong, casual relationships are fun, but that’s just not what I’m looking for.
Well, I just googled it. I could use Tinder, but I’ve been using it to find a boyfriend in Sweden, and though it worked great to find locals, things got more complicated when it came to foreigners. Guys wanted to stay online and just exchange photos—that’s not my dating style. I found a few sites designed to connect Europeans with Canadians, Americans, and Australians, and I liked BravoDate best. It’s rather for Eastern Europeans, but I get pretty much the same attention as a Swede. Plus, I do like that it works like a social media site.
I’m pretty open-minded and even adventurous. I don’t mind immigrating to another country. I asked my son about what he thinks of living somewhere else, for example, in the United States, and considering that he dreams of becoming a sailor and loves American cartoons, that seems an adventure to him, too. I believe in a new beginning.
I signed up just a week ago, so I can’t say I communicated with them a lot. I get a lot of winks on the site and have already received a few messages from pretty attractive men who seem very nice, but I’m not sure that I can draw any conclusions.
I personally didn’t meet scammers, but before I joined the dating site, I searched for the information on the web, and I think it’s real. I saw enough stories about how people are getting scammed online. So, as a girl searching for love online, I definitely won’t accept any financial help. First of all, I don’t need it. Second, I know how women are getting scammed—they get fake checks and things like that and pay small fees in exchange. As far as I know, men usually complain about women asking for money or just fake brides. So, yes, I suppose scam is real, but there are ways to protect yourself.
Okay, I’ll try. I can’t speak for all, but my friends and I definitely have some common views of courtship and relationships, so I suppose I can give some recommendations. Firstly, relax. We’re easy to talk to, friendly and sociable. Don’t pretend to be someone else and be honest. Machismo and rudeness aren’t appreciated. We split bills, have careers, and our own ambitions and goals, and everything we’re looking for is some respect for our values and views and great communication. The easiest way to attract a Swedish woman is through great conversation, a good attitude, and your own personality. It’s as simple as that.
There are fewer Swedish mail order brides than mail order brides from other European countries, but they exist. Swedish girls who join dating sites just have another motivation to do so. Some, like Anastasiia, just want to meet a partner who’s ready to start a family and is curious and adventurous enough to start dating a foreigner and even immigrate one day. Others had bad previous relationship experiences and believe they can avoid such scenarios in the future by changing their approach.
Swedish women for marriage are smart and confident, rational and motivated—they know exactly what they want and how to achieve their goals in everything, and dating and relationships aren’t an exception. Western guys, in turn, can meet a Swedish wife and avoid most cultural barriers and build a relationship with someone from a similar social and cultural environment.
Facts about marriages with Sweden mail order brides
- Swedish brides take marriage and family seriously. Most Swedish women get married at the age of 33.9. For example, the median age for marriage for American women is only 30 years old. If we compare Swedish brides to Slavic women, the difference will be more dramatic—around 8 years.
- Most Swedish women do want to have children. The fertility rate in Sweden is pretty high—now it’s 1.66, which means that a Swedish woman is likely to have 1-2 kids, and often, Swedish brides even have more children than Eastern European women.
- Most Swedish girls build relationships with peers. The average age difference between a Swedish wife and a foreign husband is around 3 years.
So, here are the TOP-5 Swedish dating sites you should try in 2024:
How much does a Swedish bride cost?
Of course, there are no catalogs with Swedish ladies who are ready to marry someone to get a financial reward or compensation. On top of that, a man doesn’t pay a fixed price for getting a Swedish wife to a site or an agency. In this case, the term cost just refers to the total amount of money that a man spends on online dating services and trips to meet his Swedish bride in real life.
The costs of online dating services vary greatly. They depend on the site, so in order to estimate approximate prices, let’s take a look at the example of BravoDate—the website that a Sweden mail order bride Anastasiia is currently using.
The available credit packages are as follows:
- 20 bonus credits for new users – free
- 20 credits for new members – $2.99, for all the rest – $9.99
- 50 credits for $19.99
- 125 credits for $44.99
- 250 credits for $69.99
- 750 credits for $149.99
The cost of using some of the best features is as follows:
- Private live chats – 20 credits/10 minutes
- Mails – 10 credits for the first letter, 30 for the following ones
- Streams – free
- Group chats – free
Other top platforms where one can meet Swedish girls, like UkraineBride4You or TheLuckyDate have more or less similar pricing policies. On all these sites, as well as on other niche websites, a man can expect to spend around $100 a month, and $1,200 a year, respectively.
If we assume that a man who’s going to meet his Swedish bride goes to Sweden twice, the price will be as follows (expenses for one 2-week trip):
- Tickets (round trip) – $800
- Accommodation – $1,200
- Food – $400
- Local transportation – $200
- Entertainment – $300
- Total – $2,900
So, the cost of two 2-week trips will be around $5,800. Considering that the approximate cost of online dating services is $1,200 and visa costs the same, the total price of finding a Swedish bride is around $8,200.
🇸🇪 Find Swedish Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get a Swedish mail order bride
There’s an algorithm that works for the vast majority of men who’d like to meet Sweden women online, and it includes the following steps:
- Finding the right site with real brides. First and foremost, you need to find a place where you’ll meet Swedish women, real ones, of course. That’s why we recommend analyzing the online dating market, picking a few sites, doing a background check of each platform, and choosing the best option.
- Completing a profile. Many men don’t put enough effort into attracting a Swedish lady, and that’s a big mistake. Beautiful Swedish women may be picky, and they definitely want to know enough about a man before they start a conversation with him.
- Searching for the best matches using special features. You can contact random Swedish girls or use advanced search algorithms to focus on the best matches, and the second option definitely works better and allows cutting costs.
- Communication with Sweden brides. Use different tools, from good old emails to video chat, to get to know the most attractive Swedish women for marriage better and choose someone special.
- Starting a relationship with one of the Swedish beauties. Once you feel ready, start a relationship with a special woman, and don’t delay your date in real life for too long.
Remember that each stage is important and that success depends on your decisions and choices.
Success stories with Swedish mail order brides
Anneli (23 y.o.) and Steven (39 y.o.) met on an international dating site 3 years ago. Steven says that he wasn’t searching for a Swedish woman on purpose and joined the site because he was curious about dating Eastern Europeans and wanted to give it a try. What happened next was an accident, but both Anneli and Steven say that was the best accident in their lives. They started chatting and met in France in 5 months—Anneli went to Paris with friends, and Steven went there to meet her. They fell in love and started a long-distance relationship until he proposed in 8 more months. After that, Anneli agreed to immigrate to the US, and in 1 more year, a couple got married.
Jolanda (43 y.o.) and George (57 y.o.) were both divorced and had children. Both signed up to the same international dating site at the same time and were suggested to each other as perfect matches. As they say now, they’re extremely grateful to algorithms. A couple is now celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary. They live in the US with their younger children, who easily find common ground. Though Jolanda describes the process of applying for a visa and assimilation as some of the toughest things she had to cope with, she says it was absolutely worth it.
Is using MOB & dating sites to find and date women legal?
Yes, both dating sites and platforms with Sweden mail order brides aren’t marriage brokers, which, by the way, are legal, too—such agencies, companies, and individuals just need to get certain information like criminal records from a man and share it with a potential Swedish bride. Sites, in turn, provide only online dating services. Basically, they work like mainstream online dating apps like Tinder—the only difference is that they often offer more advanced services and connect you with a specific category of users, in this case, Swedish women for marriage.
How to bring a Swedish bride to the USA?
Men can meet Swedish brides online, but what happens next after they find the one and decide to live a life with this woman? If a Swedish bride is ready to immigrate to the United States, the steps that a man needs to take are as follows:
- Propose to a Swedish woman. A foreigner who’s now in a relationship with an American citizen and wants to enter the United States can stay for a long time or, simply put, immigrate if a couple is going to get married.
- Help a Swedish mail order wife apply for a K-1 visa. Both partners must fill in the petition and provide certain documents, from a certificate of divorce (if one of the future spouses is divorced) to a birth certificate and medical exam. All Swedish wives also are interviewed, and all couples need to prove their relationships are authentic and that they and their American grooms met in person.
- Get married. After a Sweden mail order bride gets a visa, she’ll be able to enter the US, but she can stay only if she marries an American man within 90 days.
Basically, that’s the scheme for most men who met Scandinavian women they’d like to start families with use.
How to avoid a Swedish mail order bride scam?
If you’re going to find a Swedish mail order wife online or even if you’re just going to join a mainstream dating app, you need to follow certain safety rules and know the common scam schemes to protect yourself. Take a look at the most common scenarios, spot scammers, and keep your money safe.
- A soulmate in trouble scheme. There might be fake users with pretty good profiles, even on top online dating sites. Here’s a common scenario—a man meets an attractive Sweden girl, they get to know each other better, and fall in love (usually, it happens even too fast.) Then, a potential Swedish wife gets in trouble and asks her long-distance boyfriend for financial help. That may happen a few more times until a man realizes he’ll never meet this Swedish girl in real life.
- Auto-generated messages & hidden costs. Sometimes, you just choose the wrong site and lose money, too. Some websites that claim to have Swedish girls for marriage just send members auto-generated messages to make them reply, and usually, there are hidden extra costs, so you literally pay for nothing.
- Personal data scam. Some scammers don’t ask for money directly—sometimes, they want to get your information, ideally, a financial or personal one. Also, remember about blackmailing—be careful with what you share with strangers online.
All in all, there are a few simple rules. If things are too good to be true, they probably aren’t true. If you notice weird behavior, receive similar messages from multiple accounts of Sweden brides, or if someone asks you for money, these are definitely the biggest red flags.