Dating Someone From Another Country: Who Is It For & How To Get Started?
Is falling in love with someone from another country a good or a bad thing? We used to view multicultural and/or long-distance relationships as something hard and problematic, but the fact is that a lot of people start dating someone from a different country yearly, and a lot of these couples get married, and the success rate is higher than most could think.
P.S. Before start reading check out the best dating sites from John Millerstone
JollyRomance is a great dating service for those interested in meeting girls from Eastern Europe.
Women from Slavic countries love American men—and they are waiting for you on TheLuckyDate. Sign up to get 2,000 free credits right away!
Think that Latinas are the hottest girls in the world? Visit LaDate — it’s a site with tens of thousands of the most beautiful Latino women.
Some may argue it’s still not easy—yes, wonderful things can happen, but it’s a big responsibility, too. You need to learn the language, make big choices, adapt and compromise. However, you can also find unexpected happiness and have feelings that you never had before just because you finally meet the right person. Still have doubts? In this guide, we’ll tell you how to meet someone from another country and build a happy relationship—read this information, and then make your own choice.
How to date someone from another country?
How do multicultural couples usually meet each other? Yes, some of them just traveled abroad and met someone special occasionally, but those who intentionally look for partners in different countries usually use a common algorithm that allows finding a boyfriend or a girlfriend in a few months and getting really close to someone from another culture.
1. Choose a reputable international dating site
Someone who wants to start dating someone in another country should find a place where they can meet their goal fast and easily, and in most cases, people meet each other on international dating sites. How to choose it? It depends on what exactly you are looking for. Niche platforms where women look for foreign men and men looking for foreign women (often from a particular region, for example, Asia, Latin America, or Europe) work the best.
On such sites, you can not only find a partner who meets your criteria but also build a healthy relationship due to a wide variety of advanced communication tools, from video chat and phone calls to gift delivery.
2. Create a good profile
Let’s say you’ve already found a great platform to find a future partner and start a relationship. What’s the next step? Make some effort to write a really good profile that would tell others a lot about you. Think of your life and try to remember all the things that matter most to you, as well as all the things that make you special. You don’t need to write a 3-page essay about yourself—a good bio and interesting headline, as well as a few good photos, are enough to start your first conversation with somebody and attract more matches overall.
3. Look for the best potential matches
Of course, people on dating sites, as well as anywhere else, have different views of life, and everyone who’s looking for a serious, not a casual relationship or just communication, should find someone who has similar views, at least of the most important things and values. The good news is that on reputable sites, there are lots of helpful search filters, and on some, you can also use free matching services to find a perfect partner. Dating someone in a different country becomes a way more pleasant experience when you:
- meet someone who really meets your criteria and expectations,
- meet this guy or a woman pretty soon, without wasting a lot of time on futile attempts to reach random people and get close to them.
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
4. Start conversations
Falling in love with someone online from another country starts with a conversation. Even if your potential partner speaks another language, it won’t be a problem—there are modern technologies, and on some sites, translation services are provided. Basically, that’s the reason why “the native tongue problem” is probably a bit overrated. Moreover, if you get really close, learning and teaching another language can be a pretty interesting experience for both of you—the learning process is the way to learn more about another person, too. Focus more on things that are important for you personally, and relax when approaching new people online—that’s the only way to start conversations that actually go somewhere.
5. Get closer to someone special
How to date someone from another country? It’s nearly the same thing as dating someone in real life, at least in terms of emotional intimacy and connection. If you like someone, try to become their best friend, learn more about family members, culture, traditions, work, hobbies, education, and try to become a part of your partner’s everyday life. Note that if you know you’ve fallen in love, try to ask your partner what they think about a date in real life. The sooner you meet, the better it is for both of you. If everything goes well, it will strengthen your feelings and make it much easier for your couple to overcome the hardships of long-distance relationships.
4 Reasons why you should try dating someone from another country
If you still can’t decide if meeting someone online from a different country is a good idea, take a look at the information below—perhaps, it will help you make a decision.
- Opportunity to get to know people from other countries & cultures. We all want to explore the world. Moreover, nowadays, it’s just trendy—every single day, we view posts from travel bloggers who say it’s great to learn new things about other cultures, traditions, mindsets, and places we didn’t know could even exist. However, we often prefer to watch a video on YouTube, ignoring the fact that you can really find out how people in another country live only if you meet someone who knows everything about it just because they were born and raised there. A cross-cultural relationship is one of the things that can really help one broaden one’s horizons.
- Exploring new dating cultures. Cultural differences aren’t always a bad thing. A lot of people who started dating someone overseas found out that they love another culture even more. We’re not going to lie, there will be things that will seem weird just because you didn’t get used to them, but for example, a lot of men look for foreign brides because they share their views of more old-school gender roles in a relationship.
- Fundamentally new romantic experience. What’s good about dating a person you’ve met on a niche dating site? Surprisingly, it’s motivation. People who are ready to start an international relationship being in different parts of the world are really motivated to make an effort to make their relationship work—learn another language, spend time on education, compromise, speak about expectations, talk about family, and plan things together despite all the difficulties. Basically, strong motivation often makes long-distance multicultural relationships the strongest ones.
- Traveling to new countries. When you travel abroad, a whole new world opens to you. However, visiting a resort in a random country is not as exciting experience as going to a place where someone special is waiting for you. Of course, you shouldn’t date someone from another country if you just want to travel, but if you like someone from this country, traveling becomes even more pleasant.
Our Editor`s Conclusion
On the one hand, dating someone from another country isn’t always easy. On the other hand, it definitely makes sense if you are open to new experiences and knowledge, think that differences between people isn’t a bad but a good thing, and believe that you’ll have a better chance of meeting someone very special if you don’t narrow the search to people living within the borders of your own country.