LatamDate Review (2023)
|Number of users||123K|
|Number of visits per month||114K|
|Male to female ratio||38/62|
|Payment system||Visa, Mastercard|
LatamDate is one of the oldest dating sites, and it actually remains one of the most popular platforms for meeting Latin singles. However, it shouldn’t be the only reason to join it—you should learn more before you purchase any credits on this site or anywhere else on the web. So, is LatamDate legit, or is LatamDate a scam? What are the features and prices for services here? You’ll find all the answers here.
Latam Date is one of the oldest global websites with a specific target audience—Latin singles and Western singles seeking serious relationships & marriage. It’s a paid site, but there is a wide selection of free features, too.
Overall LatamDate Rating
|Easy of use||6.5|
LatamDate in 30 Seconds
- The LatamDate dating website is designed exclusively for Latin women and Western men
- Nearly all members are looking for serious relationships and marriage
- Over 150,000 registered users worldwide
- The gender ratio is 40% females to 60% males
- Creating an account is free for everyone
- Basic services are free to use
- All members get Smart Matches and can use search and access profiles
- Communication tools are paid
- All newcomers get free chat vouchers and 2 greeting messages a day
- Mobile apps are available on both Google Play Store and App Store
LatamDate for Men
A man who’s going to meet a South American woman on LatamDate can join the community easily and without spending a penny. The rules for male newcomers aren’t as strict as for women, and though men can still verify their accounts, it’s optional, while for women—it’s a must. However, men pay for using all special features available on Latam Date, including live chat.
LatamDate for Women
Women from Latin America can join free, but there are a few important things they should consider. First of all, on this online dating site, all women need to provide their photos, a lot of details, copies of their documents, and validate their accounts. Only after they pass all the tests they can communicate with men.
Who Is and Isn’t LatamDate For?
- Men who are sure they can find a perfect match in Latin America
- Women from Latin countries who’d like to date and marry Western men
- Singles who want to start a serious relationship with someone special
- Men who aren’t ready to spend money on online dating services
- Singles who aren’t ready to settle down and are seeking short-term relationships
- Those who know they don’t want to start a long-distant relationship first
Pros & Cons of Using LatamDate
- Very detailed profiles, nearly all verified, with 5+ photos
- Better selection of communication features than on most other sites in this segment of the market
- Members can have video chats
- International call service and gift delivery services (are provided only to Premium members)
- One of the rare niche dating sites with mobile apps on both app stores
- A pretty expensive site compared to other platforms in this segment
- Not all members are available for phone and video calls
- Users can’t watch profile videos for free
LatamDate Overview: Things You Should Know
LatamDate was launched in 1998 and still has around 150,000 members worldwide. The site has been constantly updated and upgraded, which allowed it to remain popular and withstand competition. Now the gender ratio is 60:40, which means that the gap isn’t that sufficient—men outnumber women just by 10%, which is better than on many other dating sites. Most males are from Canada, the United States, Germany, and Sweden, while most females are from Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic.
- Site name: Latamdate.com
- Free or paid: Paid with some free features
- Average sign-up time: 5 minutes
- Paid membership prices: From $3.99 per credit
As we’ve already noticed, this dating site is one of the best international dating platforms in terms of features. If you want to understand how the site works and what you’ll need to pay for, just read the paragraphs below.
So, let’s take a look at the features that Premium members can use:
- Camshare. That’s the best feature on the site that really makes LatamDate stand out. Members can make one-way and two-way video calls, which improves the quality of communication and makes it a much safer place for dating overall.
- Phone calls. Phone calls are an alternative to video chat, and surprisingly, they are even a bit more expensive, but it’s another communication feature that many other dating sites don’t have.
- Live chat. Of course, always using advanced features doesn’t make much sense, not only because of the higher price but because the text chat works better at the early stages.
- Mails. Those who prefer to write long love letters have such an opportunity on the site. Just as in the case of live chat, members can also send and receive media files.
- Virtual gifts. If you see someone really special among potential matches, you can easily get this person’s attention by sending a virtual gift.
- Real gifts. There’s an online store right on the site, and the company also provides gift delivery services, so your bouquet of flowers, a toy, or a fragrance will be delivered to a receiver’s doorstep.
Basically, LatamDate has all those positive reviews due to these features. Though they are all paid, they really improve the experience on the dating site.
Of course, you don’t need to pay just after you visit site for the first time. There is a set of free services, too, and currently, they are as follows:
- Profile verification. You can not only create a profile and add a lot of details and photos to make your profile work but also verify it in plenty of different ways. There’s mobile phone verification, ID verification, and even education and employment verification for those who want to prove they are a real person and attract as many potential partners as possible.
- Search & matching. These services are entirely free, too. You can set many advanced filters to manually search for the candidates who meet all or at least most of your criteria or just go to the Smart Matches section to see people chosen by the Latam Date algorithm.
- Access to profiles. Unlike some other platforms, LatamDate doesn’t restrict access to profiles. All registered users can see full-size photos and all the information in the members’ profiles. There are no restricted sections or anything like that, but you should also keep in mind that watching a video is still a paid feature.
- Favorites & greeting messages. Members can not only learn more about each other and search for matches on the site for free—there are actually ways to contact others without spending credits. In particular, when you favorite someone, this person gets notified, and you can also send 2 free greeting messages a day.
👉🏻 Is LatamDate free? No, it’s not. However, on this dating site, you can do something useful even before you purchase some credits. In particular, members can learn more about other users, get enough information on the community at large, and even contact others. There are also many advanced communication tools that we couldn’t fail to mention in our LatamDate review, so the site has a good set of features. That’s why we can give it 9 out of 10 points for its services.
So, on this website, members buy credits, and the prices are as follows:
👉🏻 Note that users who buy even the cheapest package get free premium services worth $9.99, including 20 minutes of chatting and 5 first Mails. The site is still expensive, but the fact that 2 free chat vouchers and free greeting messages are given to all the newcomers, it gets a bit cheaper for newly registered members. Considering the quality and number of features, we can give the site 7.5 out of 10 points for its pricing policy.
The quality of profiles on LatamDate is high, which is explained by the site’s policy, in particular, regarding female profiles. Here’s what you can see on nearly every personal page on the platform:
- Short intro with the most important information autogenerated by the system.
- Photos—usually 5+; some of them may be private.
- Profile videos (if any).
- Basic details from age to education, interests, and hobbies.
- Self-description that a member writes.
- The Match Q & A section with the answers to the questions about the relationship goals of a user.
👉🏻 Generally speaking, LatamDate profiles are more detailed than profiles on most other dating sites, so we can give it 9.5 out of 10 for this specific feature.
Ease of Use
The design of the site is a bit outdated, and it’s frequently mentioned in negative reviews. Also, the system itself is pretty complex, and every new user needs time to get used to it, and even when they do, they not always can use the feature they’d like to use or access the information they need at the moment with just one click.
👉🏻 Still, it’s not the worst design and navigation in the online dating market, so in our opinion, LatamDate deserves 6.5 out of 10 points for this parameter.
So, what’s LatamDate? It’s a niche website for those who have very specific relationship goals. It’s designed for those looking for Latin/Western singles only and wanting to start a serious relationship with their perfect matches. It’s not cheap, so it will hardly work for someone who is just curious about international dating. Ask yourself what you really expect from the site and what kind of experience you’d like to have—that’s the only way to understand whether LatamDate is a good site for you personally.
LatamDate is an international dating platform where Latin girls search for Western men and vice versa. It’s considered a niche site for serious relationships as the vast majority of its members use this dating site to find a partner to start a long-term relationship and, ideally, a family.
The policies are different for Western men and women from Latin America. For ladies, rules are stricter, but men are those who pay for communication on this online dating site. Everyone can join the site for free, though, and there are lots of communication features to use, from video chat to real gift delivery.
There are no fixed prices for premium membership plans—members buy credits instead, and the costs start at $3.99 per credit. Once you buy credits, you automatically get free premium services worth $9.99.
You just need to create an account, access the site, click on your username at the top of the screen, see Credit Balances, and click Add More. Then you’ll be redirected to the page with the available credit packages and be able to make your choice, select the payment method, and top up your balance on the site.
Go to the Management section on the Left Menu. Choose My Settings and go to the Switch Off My Profile section. Indicate the reason why you are leaving, enter your password, and your account will be deactivated.