Ukrainian Mail Order Brides: Facts, Statistics, Interview
Who are Ukrainian brides? How to meet Ukrainian girls? Why is it a good idea? And how much does it actually cost to meet Ukrainian mail order wives?
The answers are waiting for you here—in this guide, the dating expert (AKA me) will tell you literally everything about Ukrainian ladies.
What’s more, we at Inspirational Women Series are glad to present you an interview with a real Ukraine girl we’ve contacted on a dating platform—she is a real person who knows the inside of Ukraine mail order brides industry.
🔥 SITE OF THE DAY 👇
Let’s start with the interview!
Interview with Polina—a Ukrainian mail order bride
Who are you?
Polina: Hi there! I’m Polina. I’m 20, I’m from Odessa, the biggest coastal city in the south of Ukraine, but I lived and studied in Kyiv before the war Russia started against my country (but I’m going to complete my bachelor degree in Architecture in 2023!) In 2021, I decided to start using international marriage agencies to find a guy from the United States or from Great Britain and I don’t give up on this idea even in such a challenging time. So, I’m technically a mail order bride now!
Why did you become a mail order bride?
Polina: I never was one of those who dream to marry foreign men, you know—it’s not that I don’t like Ukrainian men or that I dream of leaving Ukraine. I just speak English well and I’m really open-minded so I thought something like “well, why not? I know many Ukrainian women who met great guys on international dating services so I decided to try, too. It’s that simple, really.
How did you choose the dating site?
Polina: Well, I heard that some local women got scammed on these websites and I also know a girl who paid for a premium subscription on some international dating sites for 2 years and didn’t get any real dates. So that’s why I decided to choose a website carefully—I read dozens of reviews, asked several single Ukrainian women who used similar sites, and tested 3 or 4 platforms myself. It took me a while, of course, but the website I chose was 100% worth the time I spent reading the reviews. It was Bravo Date, a cool service with numerous features, but the thing that impressed me the most was its nearly-perfect reputation. If you’re going to choose the dating website yourself, pay attention to its reputation and reviews, that’s all I can tell you.
Why do you want a foreign husband?
Polina: Well, I mean, it’s not that I dream of getting an American husband ASAP, you know. It’s not that common for modern Ukraine women actually—that’s how it worked a few decades ago, but modern mail order Ukrainian brides are not that desperate anymore. As for me, I, like most Ukrainian brides you’ll find online, just want to find a nice guy to spend some time with—I’m not too marriage-minded yet. I want to meet a guy who will respect me, treat me as an equal, and then, we’ll see where this leads us. American men are nice—they are caring and loyal, according to what many Ukrainian brides say. That’s the main reason why I decided to use online dating sites, to be fair.
Have you already communicated with Western men on dating sites?
Polina: Well, yes, but there wasn’t anything serious. There were several guys who seemingly confused online dating services with a Ukrainian marriage agency (they proposed to me in their 5th or 6th mails, I don’t know how they thought it should work out, really). And there was one guy from Alabama who was really nice, but then he said he was married (wow). So I didn’t find a boyfriend or a husband yet.
What do you like about Western men, and what don’t you like?
Polina: You see, I’m not the most experienced Ukrainian bride in the world—but from what I’ve seen, I really don’t like that some Western men confuse these dating sites with marriage agencies or with Tinder. It’s neither a marriage agency (because no one guarantees you’ll find a partner here) nor Tinder (because most of those hot Ukrainian brides aren’t searching for a one-night stand). It’s much more fun and enjoyable to communicate with the guys who understand what online dating is and how it works, really.
What I (and most Ukrainian girls) like about Westerners is how they treat their Ukrainian wives. They are caring and respectful, they always help their Ukrainian girls to adapt to a new country, they always support their women, and they look much nicer than men from Eastern Europe in this regard.
People often worry about scams and fakes on dating sites. Is using mail order bride sites safe in your opinion?
Polina: Just to make it clear, I only used Bravo Date—it’s a legitimate Ukrainian dating site, and it’s really safe, but I never used other American-Ukrainian dating sites before, so I can’t speak for them here. From what I’ve heard (I know a lot of Ukrainian women seeking Western guys), there are some scammers who steal money both from our girls and from American men. What I know is that Ukrainian ladies don’t need your money—so if a Ukrainian woman you’ve met online asks you for money, block her, report her profile, and forget about her. It’s certainly a scammer.
Polina, can you help singles from the US understand Ukrainian women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Ukrainian woman, please.
Polina: I can’t speak for all Ukrainian women, really. What I know is that in Ukraine, women are typically more “traditional” when it comes to relationships, so I believe that you need to have serious intentions to meet Ukrainian brides successfully. That’s not the case for me, though; but I know lots of Ukrainian women who are searching for a husband, who want something really serious. I also recommend all men who are going to meet Ukrainian brides not to be afraid of being a real, classic, old-fashioned gentleman—what probably doesn’t work in your country anymore is still working in my country. Make an effort, look your best, pay for the date, bring flowers, assist your Ukrainian girlfriend on a date with everything—all these things will help you make a perfect first impression.
European Countries Expert Michael Krakowski
So, as you see from the interview, most Ukrainian brides search for a foreign man because some American men seem like persons who can treat Ukrainian women better—they are caring and more respectful; that’s what Ukrainian girls love about them. Be an old-fashioned gentleman, treat Ukrainian brides with respect, have serious intentions—and you’ll have a lot of successful dates in Ukraine.
That’s not all you need to know about Ukrainian women, though—here, I’ll tell you a lot more. Marriage/divorce statistics, cost, guide, success stories, and a lot more to follow!
Facts about marriages with Ukrainian mail order brides
- Ukraine is the country with one of the highest divorce rates in the world—the rate is 42% in this country. Financial difficulties, adultery (and it’s not Ukrainian women who cheat on their men, it’s actually the opposite), marrying too young, domestic violence—there are lots of reasons for such a high divorce rate in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian women tend to get married earlier—according to various sources, the mean age at the first marriage for Ukrainian brides is only 23 years old (just for comparison’s sake, it’s higher than 26 years old in the United States).
- Ukrainian women are not dreaming of having a lot of children. The total fertility rate in this country is only 1.2, while it’s much higher in the US (1.7). It’s most likely about the economic reasons—Ukrainian mail order brides typically have more than 1 child.
How much does a Ukrainian bride cost?
Let’s make it clear here: you can’t buy Ukrainian women, Russian women, or women for marriage from any other country. It’s dating Ukrainian women, not “buying” them—you’ll chat with a Ukrainian girl, meet her, propose to her, and bring her to the United States, but you won’t just “buy” a wife; that’s not how it works.
You’ll need to pay for several things in order to get a Ukrainian bride—an online dating platform (the absolute majority of them are paid), your trip to Ukraine, and a K-1 visa. Let’s start with the cost of a Ukrainian mail order brides website—we’ll take the website where you can meet Polina, the hero of this article. Bravo Date, like most Ukrainian brides services, has a credit system.
- $2.99—20 credits (first payment)
- $9.99—20 credits (for the second and next payments)
- $19.99—50 credits
- $44.99—125 credits
- $69.99—250 credits
- $149.99—750 credits
Once you buy credits, you’ll be able to exchange them for services & features. Here’s how much these features cost:
- Live chat—2 credits per minute
- Email—10 credits (first email)/30 credits (all subsequent mails)
- Watching a profile video—25 credits
- Requesting a meeting with a Ukrainian bride—625 credits
Considering the war in Ukraine, we probably even shouldn’t provide you with travels to this country and their prices, but our team insisted on sharing the information we’ve collected during our research before the war in this article. You can still compare them to the visits to other countries, and once it is possible and safe to go to this beautiful country, I will provide you with the most recent prices.
Now, let’s see how much did it cost to meet beautiful Ukrainian brides in person before the war:
- Tickets—$700-$800 (round trip)
- Hotel room—$25/day
- K-1 visa—$2,200 (this sum is not going to change as you’re going to make your visa in the US)
P.S. It’s not only about BravoDate, by the way. If you’re looking for some other great dating sites with hot Ukrainian women, you just can’t miss TheLuckyDate and UkraineBride4You—these platforms are trusted, very popular, and 100% worth trying.
Step-by-step guide on how to get Ukrainian mail order bride
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on getting a Ukrainian woman online:
- Choose the right dating platform with Ukrainian brides. Read the reviews, check everything, and test the sites yourself to understand which one suits your requirements better. We recommend trying BravoDate, TheLuckyDate, and UkraineBride4You—but it’s up to you, of course.
- Sign up on a dating site and create a catchy dating profile. Don’t forget to upload some of your best photos and to write an interesting profile description!
- Use the advanced search filters to find your perfect Ukrainian woman.
- Buy some credits or get a welcome bonus (BravoDate offers 30 free credits, for example).
- Start chatting with Ukrainian brides—one of the main features of these websites is that women are usually very active on these platforms and respond to mails quite fast.
- Meet in person—you don’t have to rush, of course, but we also recommend not to waste months on online dating.
Is using MOB sites to find and date Ukrainian women legit?
Yes, it’s 100% legit. Thousands of Ukrainian wives of American men enter the US legally every single year on a K-1 visa—so there are no legal issues related to dating, marrying beautiful Ukrainian brides, and taking them to the United States. What’s more, a Ukrainian girl who entered the US on a K-1 visa will be able to become a US citizen in 3 years!
How to bring a Ukrainian wife to the USA?
It’s 100% legal to bring Ukrainian brides to the United States, as we’ve just said. However, it’s certainly not that easy and fast—here’s a full step-by-step guide that will help you understand how to bring a Ukrainian girl to your country.
- File the Form-129F (petition for alien fiance) with the USCIS. Only a US citizen can file this petition. You’ll need to include proof that your relationship is legitimate (pictures of you together with your bride, flight records, emails, written statements from family, etc.) The filing fee for the Form is $535. Within 6-9 months, the USCIS will process your petition.
- After that, your Ukrainian bride will need to file Form DS-160 (online non-immigrant visa application) and print the confirmation page (she’ll have to bring it to the embassy).
- You’ll have to get an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134), provide your recent tax returns, and a copy of the I-129F package.
- After that, your bride will attend the visa interview and pay the fee ($265).
- When it’s done, she’ll be able to enter the US, and you’ll be finally able to marry her in the United States!
How to avoid Ukrainian mail order bride scam?
The absolute majority of Ukrainian brides you’ll meet on a dating website are real—but unfortunately, there are still lots of scammers that want to steal money from those searching for mail order brides from Ukraine. Here are the three types of scam you need to be aware of if you’re interested in meeting Ukrainian wives.
1. “Send me money”
- The first one is very simple. When a Ukrainian lady you’ve met online asks you for money, that’s it—you’ve met a scammer. The only thing you need to know about these scammers is that Ukrainian wives don’t usually ask men they met online to send them money—so you can block such profiles without a second thought.
2. Personal information scam
- The second one is more complex—when a Ukrainian lady you’ve met online wants to know more about your personal life, job, and personal/financial information, you need to be careful. Questions like “what do you do for a living” are ok, but questions like “what’s your credit card number” are definitely not ok. Block such accounts and report them, that’s all you can do.
- The last one is less common, but you still need to be aware of it. We’re talking about scam dating websites—the platforms that take your money but have 0 real profiles. To avoid getting scammed on such sites, read the reviews carefully and use such communication services as video chat to make sure you’re chatting with real people.
Now you know quite a lot about a Ukrainian soul: a strong, stable, and feminine. Our guest Polina helped our team to understand her nation much better; and even though she cannot describe every single woman of Ukraine, we now can share with you plenty of insights of life in this country.
Visit our other interviews with ladies from other countries of the world! See you on other pages made by my colleagues!