Dating Guatemalan Women: Step-By-Step Guide On How To Date Women From Guatemala
What are the benefits of dating a Guatemalan woman? What to know about an average Guatemalan woman before you start dating them? Here, we’ll tell you literally everything about women living in this country. Dating tips, useful guides, statistics, and interesting facts—we have all you need here!
|🌇 Top cities to meet Guatemalan singles||Guatemala City, Quetzaltenango, Puerto Barrios, Coban|
|💍 Average age of marriage||18.8 years old|
|❤️ Best Guatemalan women dating site||
|👩❤️👨 How to win their heart||Lead the relationship, take it slow, be a gentleman|
🇬🇹 3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Guatemalan Women
🇬🇹 Find Guatemalan Single Women
What are Guatemalan women like?
If you’re not an expert in Guatemalan women dating yet, you probably have a lot of questions right now. What are Guatemalan women like, and how are Guatemalan women different from American women? What are the most prominent Guatemalan woman personality traits, and what are the most important things to know when dating a Guatemalan woman? The answers are right here.
- Guatemalan women are pretty traditional when it comes to their views on gender roles, especially if we’re talking about indigenous women and ladies from rural regions. Young women from the capital of the country may be more Westernized, but they are still not as independent, career-oriented, and driven into feminism. Again, we are not talking about indigenous populations here: while non-indigenous women may be pretty modern in their thinking and views (say, on family values and gender roles), the indigenous population is still more conservative and family-centered.
- They are incredibly beautiful and exotic. The main feature here is that they are naturally beautiful—they don’t use a lot of makeup and that’s something that makes them stand out from the crowd. Pure, modest, and natural beauty.
- Guatemalan ladies are fun, outgoing, and positive. This makes these beautiful women a perfect option for international dating because you will never get bored with them or feel that awkward silence on a date.
- They are very open-minded when it comes to dating people from other countries, especially the United States. However, there is a problem here—unfortunately, not all beautiful Guatemalan women speak English fluently. If you don’t speak Spanish, we highly recommend you focus on the capital of this country (Guatemala City) and on tourist destinations such as Antigua.
Next, let’s talk about interesting statistics that will allow you to understand better what Guatemalan women are like.
5 interesting facts about Guatemalan women
- Guatemalan ladies don’t divorce their husbands (almost). Guatemala is the country with one of the lowest divorce rates in the world—it’s only 0.2 divorces per 1,000 people, which is something incredibly rare to see.
- Guatemalan women want to have more than 2 children. The TFR (total fertility rate) in this country is 2.48 children per 1 woman—it’s one of the highest rates in the region (this can be said about both Central and Latin American countries).
- Guatemalan wives are not that hard-working. The labor participation rate is 37.36, which means only 37.36% of Guatemalan women in the age category 16-60 participate in the labor force. However, this has nothing to do with economic reasons because although Guatemala is certainly not the richest country in the region, the unemployment rate is pretty low here (only 3.57%, which is lower than that of the United States). It’s about Guatemalan culture and society, not about their economic problems.
- They get married young. The mean age for first marriage is only 18.8 years old, which is one of the lowest rates in the world. However, this doesn’t mean that Guatemalan girls get married right after their 18th birthday party, it’s more of a child marriage thing. 29% of women in their early 20s had been married before the age of 18, so child marriage is a serious problem in this country (especially for girls from poor areas). This practice was banned in 2017, so technically, it’s illegal now for Guatemalans to get married if they are under 18 years old. The inertia of tradition remains strong, and in some rural areas, they still marry children, but the tendency is clear: the problem of child marriage is slowly being fixed.
- The mother’s mean age at first birth is 21.2 years old. Taking into account the previous point, it’s obvious that Guatemalan girls don’t wait until their 30s to bear a child, but the situation is slowly changing, too. In 1995, for example, almost half of Guatemalans gave birth before 20 years old!
How to meet a Guatemalan woman?
You have two options if you want to meet a Guatemalan woman: offline dating and online dating.
- Offline. The first way to meet Guatemalan women is pretty traditional: you go to Guatemala City, meet local ladies through Tinder, or approach them in bars/on the streets, that’s all. It’s a nice way to meet Guatemala women, but it has its own disadvantages, of course. Thus, it’s hard to meet Guatemalan ladies interested in a serious relationship if you approach them on the streets—even the ones who would agree to have a date will most likely not be interested in anything more serious than a one-night stand. That’s just how dating in tourist destinations work, and it’s not a Guatemala-only thing. Another problem here is the price. A 2-week trip to this country will cost you at least $800 (not including the tickets), which may not be that much, but it’s still more expensive than the second option.
- Online. Dating Guatemalan ladies online is cheaper—most dating sites cost around $100-$150 per month. It’s also much more convenient and faster because you don’t need to go anywhere; you just sign up on a website, upload some photos, and start chatting with Guatemalan singles.
Choose the option that suits you as much as possible. However, if you choose online dating, we offer you a guide on how to make it successful.
Process of dating a Guatemalan woman online: All you need to know
Now, let’s talk about dating Guatemalan women online. How to meet a real Guatemalan girl on a dating site? What to do to impress her online? We’ll tell you right here.
The main thing to do here is to find the best and the most trustworthy online dating site focused on Central and Latin America because there are no dating websites focused solely on Guatemala. Read the reviews carefully and pay attention to the reputation of the site—the website may look great and have thousands of hottest girls, but if real users say that it’s not safe or trusted, you should not ignore it.
Guatemalan dating culture is obviously different from the American one, but when it comes to the first stages of your romantic relationship, it’s always the same. You need to attract and impress a woman, and considering we’re talking about online dating here, you’ll need to attract her with your dating profile. Choose only the best photos, write a catchy profile bio, and buy a premium subscription (even if it’s not required)—all these details will increase your chances.
Most dating services are paid—they have a limited assortment of free features, but all the messaging tools are usually paid. You’ll have to buy credits or a premium subscription to chat with Guatemalan girls, but the good news is that you don’t have to do it right away. The majority of dating websites offer welcome bonuses (free credits, discounts, etc.). Don’t ignore these bonuses and you’ll be able to test all the premium features of dating sites for free!
Just be confident, try to keep the conversation going, and be sincere about your relationship goals—that’s how you make a good conversation with Guatemalan women online.
By the way, there is a language barrier problem with Guatemalan girls. An average Guatemalan woman may not be a fluent English speaker, unfortunately, so it would be great if you learn at least some Spanish before reaching them.
Don’t wait for too long until your first date IRL. Chatting for several months might look like a great idea, but in fact, this can lead to a loss of interest. Do not fall into this trap—our recommendation is to meet your online girlfriend (or girlfriends) as soon as possible.
Do’s and don’ts of dating a woman from Guatemala
Dating a Guatemalan woman might be difficult for a Western man who has never dated a foreign girl before. Here, you’ll find 7 do’s and don’ts that will help you succeed while dating these ladies.
- ✅ Learn Spanish. As we’ve said before, hot Guatemalan girls typically don’t speak English fluently, so it would be great if you learn at least a few phrases in Spanish. This will help you understand each other better.
- ✅ Be ready for a family dinner. That’s how it works in Latin America and Central America, and Guatemala is not an exception: Guatemalan girls are very family-centered, and they will most likely invite you to meet their parents after a few dates. Be respectful, buy a gift, and show that you’re responsible enough—you’ll have to show her parents that you’re a great choice for their daughter.
- ✅ Look your best and don’t look like an American tourist. Looking like a typical American tourist (Crocs, clothing with the USA flag, shorts, etc.) is certainly not the best idea in any country if you’re going to meet a romantic partner there.
- ✅ Have serious intentions. While you can find a one-night stand in Latin and Central America, Guatemala is certainly not the best country for this purpose. If you have serious intentions, it will be easier for you to meet Guatemalan women because most of them have such intentions, too.
- ❌ Don’t expect to have sex on the first date—even all those sexy and hot Guatemalan girls are pretty conservative regarding this topic. Take it slow and you’ll increase your chances.
- ❌ Don’t expect her to take the initiative. Guatemalan women think that it’s a man who should take the lead in a relationship, so initiative delegation is certainly not the best thing to do.
- ❌ Don’t make her jealous. Guatemalan women are incredibly loyal, but their men are certainly not that faithful. That’s why the girls from this country are too suspicious sometimes—so you should not make your Guatemalan girlfriend jealous to avoid drama.
How to bring your Guatemalan girlfriend to the US?
Most American men bring their foreign brides to the US through a K-1 (fiance) visa. Here’s a short guide that will help you understand how to get this visa for your Guatemalan girlfriend.
- So, first of all, your relationship must be genuine, you must meet in person (at least once during the 2-year period before applying for the visa), and you must be a US citizen (it’s a must).
- If you meet these requirements, you can file the petition for a foreign fiancee (Form I-129F) with USCIS. You’ll need to include evidence that your relationship is bona fide, documents (ID, foreign passport), and you’ll also have to pay the fee ($535).
- 6–9 months after that, your petition will be approved. When it’s done, your bride will have to file Form DS-160 (visa application).
- After that, she’ll have to attend the visa interview and pay the visa fee ($235).
After all these steps, she’ll be able to enter the US legally on a K-1 visa—you’ll need to marry her within 90 days of entering the US.
“They are exotic, they love dating American men, and they are incredibly loyal to their partners (it’s one of the best Guatemalan woman characteristics, actually). Dating a Guatemalan lady is certainly a good idea—and the best news here is that you can meet Guatemalan women online right now without wasting your time!”
F.A.Q. about dating Guatemalan women
The best site to meet Guatemalan girls is. This is a very popular dating service with more than 100,000 unique monthly visitors, thousands of real women from this country and Central America, and an ID verification tool (most Guatemalan women on the site have ID-verified profiles).
Yes, they do! Tens of thousands of Guatemalan girls think that American men are more responsible, loyal, supportive, and respectful than men from their country—that’s the main reason why they start using international dating sites.
Guatemalan wives are incredibly loyal to their husbands. In fact, loyalty is one of those prominent Guatemalan woman traits and one of the main reasons why they are so popular when it comes to international dating. So, our answer here is yes—you can trust them without doubts.