Dating Russian Women: Step-By-Step Guide On How To Date Women From Russia
If you’re interested in Russian women dating, you’ve certainly come to the right place. Here, we’ll talk about the most prominent Russian woman characteristics, tell you some facts backed by statistics, and explain how to impress most Russian women online and offline.
|Popular cities to meet Russian women||Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Yekaterinburg|
|Average age of marriage||25.5 years old|
|Best dating site|
|How to win their heart||Be romantic, be responsible, be a gentleman, and be a bit old-fashioned|
🇷🇺 3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Russian Women
🇷🇺 Find Russian Single Women
What are Russian women like?
What are Russian women like, and what are some cool Russian woman personality traits? Here, you’ll find the answers to this question.
- Russian singles may be a bit cold with strangers. Well, this is one of those things that can make dating a Russian woman more difficult and stressful for you. However, it’s important to be aware of this character trait to understand Russian women better—if she’s a bit reserved on the first date, this doesn’t necessarily mean she’s not interested in you. It’s just cultural differences and Russian culture—these people are typically pretty reserved with strangers until they get to know them better.
- They are more traditional when it comes to gender roles than women from Western countries. We don’t want to say that you’ll easily find a “trad wife” in Russia; however, the girls from Moscow and Saint Petersburg, especially the younger and educated ones, are typically very Westernized regarding their views on family, relationships and gender equality.
- Russian girls are incredibly attractive. Russian society puts pressure on their women to look their best—it’s pretty similar to how it works in most countries in Eastern Europe. A woman is expected to look her best 24/7 and this, together with their natural beauty, makes Russian women extremely beautiful.
- They are romantic. Dating a Russian girl means dating an incredibly romantic lady—they love romantic displays of affection, they love it when a man comes up with cute date ideas, and they love romantic surprises, of course.
- They are loyal to their partners. Russian men, in turn, are not that loyal—that’s one of the main reasons why these ladies start searching for foreign guys.
And this is far from a complete list of advantages of a Russian woman, so keep reading to learn more and understand how to get their attention.
5 interesting facts about Russian women
- An average Russian girl doesn’t want to have many children. In fact, this country’s TFR (total fertility rate) is even lower than that of the United States! It’s very important to understand this when it comes to Russian women dating. Western men searching for Russian ladies are often driven by old stereotypes that are not valid anymore, and the “Russian girls are very traditional and want to have many children” is one of those stereotypes.
- The mean age of Russian women at first marriage is 25.5 years old. Russian girls are clearly not into early marriage, but they are also not similar to Western European women in this regard—getting married in their 30s is still not that common in Russia.
- The mean age of Russian women at the birth of the first child is pretty low, too—according to the latest available data, it’s 25.2 years old. However, Russian women have their first child earlier than women in most Western countries (including the United States).
- Russia has a very high divorce rate (3.9 divorces per 1,000 people) mostly because of economic reasons, no mutual understanding, and adultery. The divorce rate is slowly increasing, which is another piece of evidence that not all the stereotypes about “traditional Russian families” are 100% true.
- However, the divorce rate in mail order bride families (American husband, Russian wife) is typically lower than the divorce rate in Russia and even in the United States. So we can safely say that it’s not Russian women who are responsible for the high divorce rate in this country.
How to meet a Russian woman?
How to meet a Russian woman? Well, you have two options: you can use dating apps and meet Russian women online, or go to Moscow or Saint Petersburg and meet them there.
- As for offline dating, this option might really work for some people—in fact, you just need to get to Russia and approach the ladies on the streets. However, this action is pretty difficult to perform in 2023 because, since the invasion of Ukraine, most airlines have suspended their flights. You can go to Poland or one of the Baltic States and enter Russia via land, but this will be an expensive, time-consuming, and not 100% safe trip. Instead, you can go online.
- Online dating—much easier and more convenient: you only need to find a dating app, sign up, create a profile, and start searching for a future wife there. After that, you’ll be able to chat with thousands of real Russian women—this will cost you around $100-$150 per month (but it’s also possible to spend much less than that).
Obviously, online dating is much safer than going to Russia because you just need to find a trusted dating app and follow some basic safety rules to avoid getting scammed.
Process of dating a Russian woman online: All you need to know
Let’s talk about dating Russian girls in more detail. Here, you’ll find a step-by-step guide that will help you find a real Russian woman online.
There are lots of services where you can find a Russian lady, but the point here is that you have to find the most trusted online dating sites with real Russian women. We highly recommend using only Russian dating sites with an ID verification feature and with a good reputation—you’ll have to read a lot of reviews in order to choose the best website, but it’s certainly worth the time.
That’s how the dating scene and dating culture work in every country; it’s not a Russian-only thing: if you want to attract women online, you need to make your profile stand out from the crowd. Uploading your best pictures is a must, as well as writing a catchy and interesting profile bio—you’ll need to explain your relationship goals, tell about yourself, and leave some “hooks” that will help a woman send you an interesting message.
It’s not that difficult, actually, but lots of men forget about safety when they start chatting with hot foreign women online. The rules are simple: you should not share sensitive information with people you meet on a dating site; you must not reveal your PayPal password/email or your credit card number/CVV code; you should NEVER send money to the “mail order brides” you chat with on a dating site, no matter what they tell you.
Most dating platforms are not free to use, which means you’ll need to pay to send messages to Russian women. The good news here is that almost all the good dating sites offer welcome bonuses for new users—this means you’ll be able to test the premium features of these sites for free if you’re a new user.
Lots of Russian women tend to speak English as a second language, so you don’t have to worry about the language barrier here. Just chat with them, use all the premium messaging tools offered by dating sites (including video and voice calls), be a gentleman, and don’t waste your time on online dating. Chatting for a month or two is ok, but chatting for 6 months or more without any real dates will most likely not lead anywhere—if you’re interested in a real relationship, you’ll have to meet the ladies in real life.
Do’s and don’ts of dating a woman from Russia
Let’s talk about more important things to know when dating a Russian woman. If you don’t just want to meet Russian women but want to meet them successfully, these tips will be useful for you.
- ✅ Buy them gifts and be romantic. Russian women are pretty old-fashioned when it comes to dating and often expect their men to act old-fashioned, too. Being romantic will definitely help you and increase your chances of impressing your Russian gf.
- ✅ Be a gentleman. Be respectful and caring, be on time (it’s very important), give compliments, look your best, give her your arm, pull out the chair, etc. All these are very useful tips that will help you look like a real gentleman on a date with a Russian woman. Oh, and make sure she gets home safely after the date—that’s a basic dating rule in Eastern European countries.
- ✅ Be loyal and don’t make them jealous. Loyalty is one of the best Russian woman traits, as we’ve already said. However, they are not only loyal but also jealous and quite emotional, so you will have to deal with it.
- ✅ Show that you’re independent, strong, and confident. Russian women, even the younger ones from Moscow, are still pretty traditional when we’re talking about their views on gender roles in a romantic relationship. They think that a man must be the breadwinner and the protector in a relationship, and you need to show that you meet these requirements.
- ❌ Avoid sensitive topics. Politics, religion, previous relationships—forget about all these topics on the first date with a Russian girl.
- ❌ Don’t try to buy them. Yes, you probably make more than most men they met before, but it doesn’t mean you can impress them with money or your brand-new car. Showing that you can provide for the family is ok, but showing that you can pay for everything and be her walking ATM is surely not the right tactic.
- ❌ Don’t offer to split the bill. This applies to the absolute majority of Eastern European women, not only to Russian girls—in this region, it’s usually a man who pays for the date.
How to bring your Russian girlfriend to the US?
It’s 100% legal to date beautiful Russian women, and it’s also 100% legal to bring your Russian wife or bride to the US. Here’s a short step-by-step guide for you.
- First, meet your future partner in person—it’s required that you and your bride have met in person at least once during the previous 2 years.
- After that, you’ll have to file Form I-129F, it’s the petition for a K-1 visa. You’ll have to include all the required documents and sworn statements from both partners.
- Then, your bride will file Form DS-160 (visa application) and attend the visa interview.
- If everything is ok on this step, your bride will get her K-1 visa and will be able to enter the United States.
Just remember, you’ll have to marry your Russian girlfriend within 90 days of her arrival.
“Russian girls (and Eastern European women in general) are perfect for a long-term relationship, they make great wives, they are intelligent and interesting to talk to, and they love dating foreigners. There are lots of benefits to dating a Russian woman—and the good news here is that you can start dating a Russian lady without even leaving your home.“
F.A.Q. about dating Russian women
The best website for dating Russian women in 2023 is. It’s a trusted dating service where you can meet tens of thousands of real Russian ladies—the website has an ID verification feature, so you don’t need to worry about fake profiles on .
Yes, they do! Many Russian women tend to believe that American men make better husbands and partners than their men. They think that Westerners are more loyal than Russian men and that they treat their women with more respect.
Yes, but only if you’re going to date Russian women on the streets of a small city. Most Russian wives on the international dating scene speak English quite well, so you won’t have to learn how to speak Russian language to communicate with them.