Dating Greek Women: Step-By-Step Guide On How To Date Women From Greece
What is dating Greek women like? Are they lazy and loud, or perhaps, as some say, all they look like top models and want to have at least 5 children? Neither is true, actually. In this guide, we’ll tell you all you should know about Greek girls, the actual drawbacks and benefits of dating a Greek woman, and will also provide some tips on how to win the heart of a Greek lady more easily.
|🌇 Top cities to meet Greek singles
|Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras, Piraeus
|💍 Average age of marriage
|23 years old
|❤️ Best Greek women dating site
|👩❤️👨 How to win their hearts
|Show you like the country, be polite, show confidence, and make the conversation last
🇬🇷 3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Greek Women
🇬🇷 Find Greek Single Women
What are Greek women like?
So, can we say that some specific Greek woman characteristics exist? Yes and no. On the one hand, every person is unique, so you never know who exactly you will meet in a particular country. On the other hand, Greek women, as well as ladies from all other countries, definitely have some common personality and national traits. Below, we explain some facts that can help you understand Greek people, in particular females, a bit better.
- Greek women are the most caring wives. That’s just a part of national character and, well, traditional family roles. In Greek families, a woman is really a queen of the hearth, and love and care are expressed in lots of different ways. If you’re a foodie or just appreciate it when you come back home and there are hot meals already waiting for you and made with love, you’ll have a good chance to find happiness in this particular country.
- Passion and emotion are a part of life. If you like extroverted girls who openly express their feelings and have an optimistic state of mind, you don’t have to go to Latin America to meet such a woman. You can just meet Greek girls, and you definitely won’t be disappointed or ever get bored with them ever in your life.
- Music, dances, and art matter. Yes, a lot of time has passed since the times of Ancient Greece, but the thing is, love for all forms of art is still strong in the country. Many Greek ladies can’t imagine their lives without good music, literature, and the arts, so with a Greek wife, you’ll always have things to discuss.
- The most beautiful Greek women are the ones you just can’t resist. Greek wives are also known for their natural and absolutely special beauty. They have strong facial features, amazing hair, and beautiful bodies, but in fact, though it is the first thing that attracts men, in the long run, the things that we’ve already mentioned previously turn out to be way more important.
So, let’s say you’re going to meet Greek women online or offline. In this case, you’ll meet a lot of passionate and optimistic, family-minded and caring, educated and art-loving, patriotic yet tolerant girls.
5 interesting facts about Greek women
What to know about a Greek woman to generate a more detailed profile of a single Greek girl? Here are some interesting figures to consider:
- Greek men outnumber women—currently, there are 96.41 males to 100 females. Also, Greek is a place where a single population is a majority. Now, over 5.5 million locals are searching for partners, so the competition between ladies is higher than in many other places around the world.
- Greek women are more family-oriented than women in many other European countries, the US, and Canada. They also get married at a pretty young age compared to these countries—most Greek brides are just 20-26 years old.
- Greek women usually want to have 1-2 children. According to statistics, the fertility rate is around 1.2.
- A lot of single Greek women are searching for a partner online. The total number of online dating users in Greece is expected to amount to 700,000 by 2027.
- Age-gap relationships are pretty common, and most Greek girls usually marry men who are 4-5 years older than they are.
If you have learned enough and believe that Greece might be the right place to find a partner for you, just keep reading—below, we’ll focus on exact ways to find and start a relationship with one of the Greek girls.
How to meet a Greek woman?
Generally speaking, there are three main options for every man who’d like to meet a Greek woman:
- Going to Greece. That’s the most obvious yet the most costly way of meeting local singles. Going on vacation isn’t enough unless you stay at least for a few months or are lucky enough to find a girl who’ll understand that you’re really seeking a long-term relationship, not just another tourist who wants to have some fun.
- Joining one of the European/Greek dating sites. That allows narrowing the search to women who are interested in relationships with foreigners, too. Also, on niche websites, there are some great communication features that allow for building a strong emotional connection, but usually, such sites aren’t free to use.
- Searching for a partner on social media/networking sites. You don’t have to pay to meet someone online—it’s possible on Instagram, Facebook, and other sites. However, it usually takes much more time and attempts to find someone who’d want to start a relationship with a foreigner.
Which option seems best to you? Consider all pros and cons and make your choice.
Process of dating a Greek woman online: All you need to know
If you decide to search for a partner in Greece online, you need a good strategy to succeed. If you want to get started but doubt that you’ll make the right choices, take a look at the simple yet effective algorithm below.
There’ll be a lot of sites with good ads and modern designs, all created for people searching for European/Greek singles. However, you shouldn’t just choose a random website. There are multiple criteria to consider to have a good online dating experience and find someone special, namely: the quality of profiles, the set of features, feedback from other users, prices, and availability of extra special services like gift delivery. Learn enough about each option and then make your choice.
Once you create an account on a reputable site with some good features and, most importantly, real Greek singles, you’ll need to learn how the system works from the inside. Find out how much each feature costs, what are the most and least effective tools to use, apply different search filters, and so on and so forth. Do it before you start spending real money on dating, and you’ll find a perfect match in Greece in a shorter time and at a much lower price.
That seems obvious, but a lot of people, including those who pay for online dating services, ignore this simple rule. On international sites, most members are searching for future spouses or long-term partners, and they read bios carefully. Add photos and mention your interests and goals, but pay the most attention to your relationship expectations—that’s how you can narrow the search both for yourself and other users of the site.
You should choose potential partners carefully, too. On many niche websites, there are a lot of attractive female members, but if you focus on the appearance and nothing but the appearance, you’ll just be searching for someone truly special for a longer time. Good sites have special search algorithms and suggested matches, so why not use this chance to improve efficiency?
When you realize that you’ve finally met the right woman, let her know you’d like to start a long-distance relationship with her first and then meet in real life—the sooner, the better. Also, psychologists recommend long-distance couples use video chat and call services frequently, so don’t focus only on texting if you want to build a deep emotional connection online.
Do’s and don’ts of dating women from Greece
Now you know what the most common Greek woman traits are, but the truth is that it’s not enough to win the heart of a Greek girl. You should also learn more about Greek dating culture, but if you don’t have time to do deep research, just take a look at some basic rules below.
- ✅ Make a conversation—that’s more important than anything else. Greek women are great conversationalists, and yes, they’re also smart. No wonder they want to find a partner who meets their standards, so on the first date, focusing on common topics and showing that you’re smart enough to date this girl is actually a good strategy.
- ✅ Do your best to pass her family and friends test. Here’s what you should consider—the opinions of her relatives and closest friends matter. You should do your best to make a good impression on them, and if she ensures you’re a good guy not only in her own eyes but also in the eyes of her close people, you’ll get a serious boost.
- ✅ Proudly show her off if you’re already dating a Greek girl. Greek women, as well as men, aren’t into discreet dating. They proudly introduce their partners to others, both in real life and online, and they expect you to do the same thing.
- ❌ Don’t say anything bad about Greek women, men, and Greece. Yes, Greeks can believe they invented everything literally in this world and be even too patriotic. However, you shouldn’t argue with a Greek woman and especially mention any drawbacks of living in Greece. That won’t end well.
- ❌ Don’t show up empty-handed. You don’t have to buy expensive gifts or flowers for every date with your Greek girlfriend, but if you go somewhere, for example, to your parent’s place, you need to get something delicious or cute each time. That’s a norm in Greek society.
- ❌ Don’t pretend to know something about modern or Ancient Greece if you don’t. Greek women don’t like it when foreigners pretend to know something about them without having any deep knowledge of the subject. Ask questions more often than you tell facts (or things that only seem to be facts) about Greeks.
So, if men follow these simple rules, they will be able to attract Greek women and then build serious relationships with Greek singles in the future.
How to invite your Greek girlfriend to the US?
How are Greek women immigrating to the US after they meet a future spouse? The algorithm is a bit different for those who’ve met foreign women online and offline, but the main scheme is still the same:
- Meet offline. If you’ve met a Greek girl at work or in any other place IRL, you can skip this step. However, if you’ve found her on an online dating website, you should keep in mind that you won’t be able to be a foreigner if you can’t prove you’ve met offline within the past 2 years.
- Apply for a K-1 visa for a bride. Greek women need a visa to enter the US and get married. There’ll be interviews, and lots of documents must be provided, but the most important thing that all couples should consider is that they’ll need to prove their relationship is authentic.
- Get married within 3 months. If your visa is approved, a bride will be able to enter the country, but once she does it, you’ll have to get married within 90 days, or she’ll be deported.
Many women immigrate to the US to get married yearly, and though the process is time-consuming, if you have an authentic relationship with one of the Greek ladies, you will likely succeed.
“These were the main things to know when dating a Greek woman. You’ve learned enough about Greek woman personality traits and know what to expect from a Greek girl—use this knowledge to understand whether you should really start a relationship with someone from this country. If the answer is yes, just develop a good strategy and start searching for a perfect Greek lady, whether online or offline.”
There are not so many sites with pretty Greek women only, but there are some great platforms to meet European singles, including Greek girls.is the platform that meets the criteria and requirements of most users who are seeking international relationships.
In Greek culture, there are not so many social stigmas, and Greek women are open-minded and direct. After all, they are the descendants of Spartan women. If a local girl likes you, she’ll let you know rather verbally than non-verbally.
Of course, all Greek girls are unique, but we can still talk about a typical Greek woman who married a foreigner. In this case, a man can expect his wife to be loving and caring, emotional and passionate, confident and ambitious, and a great cook, as well.