Cuban Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites to Find a Wife from Cuba
Wondering how to meet Cuban women for marriage? Want to know more about Cuban wives? Well, it’s definitely the right place for you—here, you’ll find a lot of useful and interesting guides, facts, and tips that will help you build serious relationships with single Cuban girls. You’ll also find an interview with a real Cuban girl here: Dayana is one of those beautiful Cuban women seeking men from the US, so this interview is going to be a real treasure for those seeking a Cuban girlfriend. Let’s start!
Interview with Cuban mail order bride
Who are you?
My name is Dayana. I’m 25 and live in Santiago de Cuba. I’m a travel blogger and wildlife volunteer. You know, we dive, monitor what’s happening in reefs, and do a lot of cool things.
Why did you become a mail order bride?
Look, I don’t want to offend anyone here, and I don’t want you to get me wrong, but guys in Latin America are… different. Some like it, some don’t, but Latin men prefer to act more “manly” than Western males, which is not always good. That’s what you call “male supremacy” in the US, and in Hispanic countries, there’s a cult of this thing. Men believe they must uphold their dominance, control their wives, always be the leaders, be hypermasculine, and all that. They are also not 100% loyal to Cuban women, while they expect us to be extremely faithful. You’ve got the idea, right? That’s just not what I want to get, and that’s just not the life I wanna live, that’s all. That’s why I decided to date foreign men.
How did you choose the dating site?
We don’t have a lot of dating sites in our country because, well, Cuba is not the #1 place regarding Internet accessibility. Private Wi-Fi was legalized only 3 or 4 years ago; what else is there to say? But now, in 2023, the situation is slightly better, and a lot of young people, especially Cuban ladies from Havana and Santiago, use online dating sites. I didn’t read any reviews to find the online dating platform, to be fair. I just asked 2 of my friends and followed their recommendation, that’s all. I’m using LoveFort currently, and it looks pretty safe and convenient for me.
Have you already communicated with Western men on dating sites?
Yes, I have! I was really surprised with the number of men interested in dating Cuban women online—as I’ve said, the whole online dating thing is not that popular in our country yet, so it looks like, you know, it looks like demand is higher than supply. I got a lot of messages from men interested in “traditional Cuban brides,” as they gladly informed me right away. I chatted with several men from Texas; they knew Spanish quite well, so it was really fun and easy to communicate with them. And there was that guy from Dakota, and he said he was looking for something casual. Well, that’s not what I’m looking for, so it didn’t work for us—and to be fair, I don’t think he would find thousands of single Cuban women interested in this kind of relationship.
What do you like about Western men and what don’t you like? Did your opinion change after communicating with them?
Before I started chatting with them, I thought that American men were very polite and respectful. And basically, that’s exactly what I got—even that guy who was looking for a one-night stand was really well-mannered. So no, my opinion didn’t change.
As for the things I like, and I’m not speaking for myself only here, I believe that almost any Cuban lady on any dating site would tell you the same thing—the very first thing here is that Westerners treat women with respect. I don’t know whether they are so respectful with foreign mail order brides only or do they always act like that, but the fact is that Americans are generally much more well-mannered when it comes to dating. They treat us as equals, and that’s what Cuban men often lack, unfortunately. I also love that American men understand that we have some cultural differences and do their best to ease them. They even learn Spanish to meet Cuban girls! Isn’t it really nice?
What I don’t like is that some men who meet Cuban women online think we’re easy. Yes, there’s a stereotype about sexy Cuban women, and, well, let’s be honest, this stereotype is not too far from reality. But if you want to meet Cuban brides, you need to understand that most of them are interested in a serious relationship. If you are searching for a one-night stand, well, try another country, maybe.
People often worry about scams and fakes on dating sites. Is using mail order bride sites safe, in your opinion?
I’m not the most experienced Cuban bride, as you surely noticed! But well, yeah, this can be dangerous; I read about it on Facebook or Reddit. I know that some scammers pretend to be Cuban mail order brides and ask American men to send them money, but I never met any scammers or heard about such stories on the site I’m using. So, I believe you just need to choose a good dating website to not worry about it.
Dayana, can you help singles from the US understand Cuban women better? Give advice to men on how to attract a Cuban woman, please
Just remember, we’re different—what works for one Cuban bride may not work for others. But I’ll still answer this question because I believe some rules work for most of us.
So first of all, we are really, really loyal, you’ve probably heard about it. But we expect 100% loyalty in return! And it’s not about cheating only. If you don’t cheat, well, this may not be enough. If you’re going to date Cuban brides, you need to stop flirting with other girls, too. And it’s your Cuban wife who defines “flirting,” not you.
Other than that, I recommend living in the moment if you’re dating a Cuban bride. Yes, having plans and all that is great and appreciated, but being spontaneous and acting on impulse is a great thing sometimes—that’s what Cuban females love.
And you should also understand that family is a very, very huge part of our lives, and this might come with some inconveniences for you. Like, your girlfriend’s mother might call her at an inconvenient time, but you’ll have to accept it. Because you really don’t want to make your Cuban girl choose between you and her family, trust me.
That was just… impressive. Let’s conclude:
- If you want to date Cuban ladies successfully, don’t think they are “easy,” and don’t expect them to be interested in a one-night stand
- Be spontaneous and live in the moment
- Be 100% or even 200% loyal to your Cuban girl
- Always treat Cuban brides with respect and be well-mannered—that’s the main reason why they love foreign men
However, that’s not all you need to know before you start dating gorgeous Cuban wives online. Continue reading—later in this text, you’ll find useful facts about Cuban wives, the cost breakdown (very important if you’re real about it), a guide on getting a Cuban lady online, and a lot of other useful info.
Facts about marriages with Cuban mail order brides
- Cuba has a pretty high divorce rate. In fact, this country is one of the top countries in the world regarding the divorce rate: in Cuba, it’s 2.9 divorces per 1,000 people (in the United States, for example, it’s 2.7 divorces per 1,000 people).
- Cuban women get married quite early. The mean age of Cuban women at first marriage is only 20.3 years old in Cuba. But it’s not surprising that Cuban girls from large Cuban cities such as Havana and Nueva Gerona (Isla de la Juventud) get married later (22.5-22.7 years old).
- Cuban wives don’t have their first children too early. Thus, the mean age of childbearing in this country is 26.35 years old, which is slightly higher than in other countries of the region.
- Cuban women tend to be stay-at-home wives. As a result, the female participation rate in the labor force is only 38.4% in this country (in the United States, for example, it’s 46.38%). But it’s not always about their personal preferences. The point is, the female participation rate in the labor force is pretty similar in every country of the region (from 32% in Guatemala to 41% in Salvador).
- Cuban brides don’t want to have too many children. In this country, the TFR (Total Fertility Rate) is only 1.5 children per 1 woman, and it’s slowly declining. Well, this can be easily explained by the economic situation in the country, too. You don’t want to have a lot of children in a country where the average wage is $150/month.
So, here are the TOP-5 Cuban Dating Sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a Cuban bride cost?
You don’t “buy” Cuban brides, it’s important to say it. The whole process looks like this:
- You meet Cuban girls online
- You meet them in person
- You propose to the girl you love
- You bring your Cuban wife to the US, where she gets a green card
Let’s talk about how much you’ll pay for it—and let’s begin with the cost of online dating. We’ll take LoveFort, it’s the site used by Dayana (and thousands of other Cuban brides). Here are the credit packages you can buy there:
- 20 credits cost $10 ($3 for new members)
- 50 credits cost $20
- 125 credits cost $45
- 250 credits cost $70
- 750 credits cost $150
All the messaging tools on this site are paid:
- Sending one message: 10 credits (if it’s your 1st message to this user) and 30 credits (if it’s not the first message)
- Using the live chat tool: 2 credits per minute
- Watching profile videos: 25 credits
- Opening photos in mails: 10 credits
Now, let’s talk about meeting Cuban ladies in person. Let’s say you’ll go to Santiago de Cuba and spend 2 weeks there: this will most likely be enough to meet several Cuban brides in person.
- Tickets from the US to Cuba: $200
- 2 weeks in a hotel: $350-$700
- Transportation (2 weeks): $150
- Food (2 weeks): $150
- Entertainment (2 weeks, 2 people): $250
- Totals: $1,100-$1,450
Now, let’s take a look at the total cost of meeting a Cuban woman and bringing her to the United States:
- Online dating: $200-$250 per month
- 2 weeks in Cuba: $1,100-$1,450
- K-1 visa: $2,025 (visa+green card)
- Totals: $3,325-$3,725
P.S. When it comes to online dating, it’s not only about LoveFort. Yes, this site is just great for meeting Cuban brides, but let’s be honest, there are lots of trusted and popular dating platforms focused on this country. Think of LaDate and ColombiaLady, for example—they have more than 500,000 unique monthly visitors, a lot of messaging tools, and a credit system that, as we just saw, is pretty convenient and transparent.
🇨🇺 Find Cuban Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get a Cuban mail order bride
How to meet Cuban women for marriage online? And how to do it successfully? Here, you’ll find a short guide: just read it, follow it, and you’ll have all chances for success!
- Choose only a trusted website with Cuban brides. Always read the reviews (not only the expert reviews but also the ones written by real users) and do your best to find a trusted, reputable, and legit Cuban brides platform.
- Utilize the welcome bonus. For example, LoveFort (the site Dayana is using) offers 20 credits for every new member. This means you’ll be able to test all the premium features of this site and even start chatting with any Cuban woman there without paying anything!
- Create a profile that would stand out from the crowd. Upload your best (and recent!) pictures and write an interesting profile bio to attract more Cuban women.
- Be respectful, treat Cuban women as equals, and start building relationships with them. It’s highly recommended to meet Cuban women in person sooner than later—if you spend too much time chatting with them online, this may lead to certain problems, inconveniences, and misunderstandings in the future.
- Use all the features and tools of a dating site. International dating platforms often have more tools than local dating sites: for example, on ColombiaLady, you can have video calls or voice calls, and you can send real-life gifts to Cuban brides. This is not required, of course, but such features are just perfect for people who have a long-distance relationship.
Although all these tips seem quite simple, they are pretty effective, so use them to find a great Cuban bride.
Success stories with Cuban mail order brides
Hundreds of Cuban women enter the US and get married to American citizens every single year. Here are the stories of two couples who met online and got married after that.
Eduardo, a 35-year-old electrician from Texas, has always been interested in Hispanic women. This man was born in Mexico and speaks Spanish fluently, so it’s not surprising at all he signed up on ColombiaLady in 2020. There, he chatted with dozens of Cuban women for marriage, but the first Cuban woman he met was Carida—she was only 19 at the time, but they had a lot of things and topics to talk about. They first met in 2021 in Santiago, and 2 months and 5 dates later, Eduardo proposed to her. In 2022, Carida got a K-1 visa and entered the United States, where she got married to her media naranja.
Alegria was 36 years old in 2019 when she met Mateo on LaDate. These two have similar interests, they work in the same field (they both are medical doctors), and they surprisingly have similar hobbies—Alegria loves hiking and camping, while Mateo is fond of wildlife photography. So, it didn’t take long for them to understand they are perfect for each other—and after their second date, Mateo proposed to Alegria. She said “yes,” and in 2020, they applied for a K-1 visa. Unfortunately, that was exactly the year when the COVID-19 restrictions were put in place, so the whole process took them 18 months. Well, everything worked out well for Alegria and Mateo—today, they live in his cozy home in Rochester.
Is using MOB sites to find and date women legit?
Yes. You can date Cuban women, meet them in Cuba, in the US, or in any other country, marry them, and of course, you can bring your Cuban wife to the US legally. Your Cuban soulmate will be able to enter the US on a K-1 visa (if you’re going to marry in the US) or on a CR-1 visa (if you’re going to marry outside the US and go to America after the marriage). A lot of foreign brides prefer the K-1 visa because, with it, they can reunite with their partners in the US faster. The CR-1 visa is, in turn, a better choice for those who want to start working in the US immediately upon arrival. In our experience, the K-1 visa is more popular among mail order brides. That’s why we’ll talk about this type of visa in the next paragraph.
How to bring a Cuban wife to the USA?
As you already know, hundreds of Cuban girls enter the US on a K-1 visa every single year. So, here’s a short guide on how to get a K-1 visa for that Cuban woman you’re going to marry.
- Make sure you’re eligible. Your previous marriages must be legally ended, your income must be at least 100% of the federal poverty guidelines, and your relationship must be real and legit.
- File Form I-129F (petition for Alien Fiance), pay the fee ($535) and wait 30 days. After that, USCIS will start processing the case.
- When the petition is approved, your bride will file Form DS-160 (visa application).
- After that, she’ll need to attend the visa interview and pay the visa fee ($265).
If everything is fine, she’ll be able to enter the US. You’ll need to get married within 90 days of her arrival.
How to avoid Cuban mail order bride scams?
You need to be aware of the three most common types of online dating scams. Here they are:
- Fake dating websites. They may be full of good-looking Cuban women, but in reality, there are no real girls there—only accounts created by the website team to make you spend money on their site.
- Scammers who want to steal your money. They may look like real Cuban brides and chat like real Cuban brides, but it always comes to that “send me $200, please” thing. The stories might differ, but the goal is always the same.
- Scammers who want to blackmail you. These fake profiles are incredibly friendly and flirty because their goal is to make you share information that can hurt you. It doesn’t matter if it’s photos, videos, or facts about your family.
It’s not that difficult to minimize the risks, though. Just choose a good website, don’t send money to anyone, have common sense, and you’ll be safe. Remember that if a person wants your money or your financial information, it’s 100% a red flag, without any doubt.