French Mail Order Brides: Interview, Guide & Sites To Find A Wife From France
|🌏 Popular cities to meet French brides:||Paris, Marseille, Lyon|
|💰 Average cost of French bride:||$2,800 — $3,500|
|⌛ Average age of French bride:||28 years old|
|💑 Best French dating site:|
|💌 Best French mail order bride site:|
French women never age, are always dressed to the nines, and can live on coffee on croissants alone. At least, that’s what common wisdom seems to imply. But there’s more to French women, and today I invite you on a journey to learn what real French girls are like, what they seek in men, and how to find your perfect French bride.
I chatted with Anona, a beautiful French woman I encountered on TheLuckyDate, to get her side of the story. Here’s our conversation.
Interview with Anona – a French mail order bride
My name is Anona, and I’m a postgraduate student at Université de Paris. I’m a recently single 29-year-old forever looking for adventure, and becoming a mail order bride is my most recent experiment.
I got curious. I tried Tinder and other dating apps, but they only produce local matches. And I love traveling, so I decided it could be fun to meet foreign men before traveling to meet them in person and have them show me their city or country. Besides, I’m a hopeless romantic, so I’d love to have a cross-border romance story to tell my future kids and grandkids.
I did my research, read some reviews, and signed up for a couple of online dating services to test them and see which would work best for me. Some turned out nearly deserted, and TheLuckyDate got me the most messages within the first week, so I’m sticking with it for now.
I’m very open-minded and don’t have a type, so I don’t really care where my husband comes from. But the French men I dated are too set in their ways. They expect their girlfriends to behave a certain way while keeping their freedom to do as they like. I may have been unlucky, but I’d like to learn what other countries have to offer before settling down.
I’ve been using TheLuckyDate for over six months and have chatted with a dozen or so men, though I keep in touch with only a couple. Although the time difference makes it a bit awkward, we try to find time for live chat at least a couple of days a week. I’m not expecting a proposal anytime soon, but we’re cautiously discussing an IRL meeting with one of them, though we can’t decide who’s going to visit who, so we may settle on a neutral location.
I fell prey to stereotypes and expected Americans to be rude and condescending, but most guys I chatted with were very nice and respectful, so I had to revise my view of them. I like how Americans don’t try to put me in the box, even if some are a bit ignorant of French culture and traditions. I don’t mind that, as long as they are willing to learn and accept my French eccentricities and differences. But I have no qualms about blocking guys who are rude or explicit. That’s not what I’m looking for, and I don’t care for their narrow-minded expectations of the “hot French brides.”
I’m aware of different schemes because I read up on romance scams before I signed up for TheLuckyDate. But I’ve been lucky and haven’t encountered any fake profiles or con artists. A couple of guys seemed a bit weird when they tried to propose the same day we met, but they were harmless otherwise. And I tend to block anyone who makes me uncomfortable with explicit requests. On the other hand, one guy asked me to send him extra photos and videos because he was sure my profile was fake. So overall, I think mail order bride sites are relatively safe if you keep your eyes peeled for danger without becoming paranoid.
I can’t speak for all French brides, but I can tell you what most of my friends find annoying about foreign men. For some reason, they believe everything they see in movies and TV shows about French women is real, even though those films are usually made by Americans who have a vague understanding of our country and people. For example, one guy asked me about my first kiss and wanted to know if it was “the famous French kiss.” At least he had the decency to feel ashamed when I told him it was an innocent peck on the cheek when I was six or seven. So my main advice is to treat French brides with respect and be willing to listen and learn. You won’t have trouble winning over a French woman if you’re open to communication and compromise.
Thanks to Anona’s honest responses, we can safely assume that French ladies are very different from the idealized versions we see in movies or build up in our minds. They are passionate and open-minded, willing to explore foreign cultures and share theirs with men who are ready to learn and adapt. Besides, though French women may come from different backgrounds, they don’t seek American husbands for financial reasons alone, so there’s less risk of running into a gold digger.
If Anona’s tale made you all the more excited about finding a French bride, read on. I’ll fill you in on facts, stats, and tips that will come in handy when dating French women.
Facts about marriages with French mail order brides
Are French wives actually better than local girls? That’s for you to decide, but these figures might help:
- Many French women are getting married later than ever. The average age at first marriage is 31.6 years in France compared to 28 years in the US. So you shouldn’t be surprised to see 30-something French brides seeking American husbands online.
- The average fertility rate is 1.83 children per woman in France, slightly higher than 1.64 in the US. At the same time, French women tend to have babies later, as the average age at first pregnancy is 29.1 in France versus 27 in the US.
- France has a reasonable divorce rate of 55 divorces per 100 marriages (as of 2020), which is pretty tame compared to Portugal, Spain, and Luxembourg, where the divorce rates exceed 80 per 100 marriages.
- Infidelity is less likely in France than in the US, as only 57% of the French admit to having cheated on their partners, while the same indicator in America is 71%.
Young French women prefer their freedom to start families, so even older guys can date French brides.
So, here are the TOP-5 French dating sites you should try in 2023:
How much does a French bride cost?
First, let’s get things straight: you cannot actually buy a French lady online. What you can do is use an online dating service to find beautiful French girls to flirt with, date, and possibly get married to.
For example, if you’re looking for brides from Western Europe on TheLuckyDate, like Anona, a credit package will cost you:
- 4,500 credits – $19
- 15,500 credits – $59
- 30,000 credits – $99
- 80,000 credits – $179
And you can spend them on:
- Live chat – 200 credits/minute
- Photo attachments in live chat – 1,000 credits
- Disappearing photo attachments in live chat – 1,200 credits
- First message – 1,000 credits
- Consequent messages – 3,000 credits
- Virtual gifts – 4,900 to 74,900 credits
Thanks to the credit system, you can control your spending without worrying about automatic credit card charges while flirting with beautiful French women. In my experience, the largest credit package can last you a few weeks. Other sites, like BravoDate and UkraineBride4You, have a similar subscription setup and reasonable rates.
Of course, you’ll also need to account for travel expenses when you decide to meet European women in person (around $2,800 for a 2-week stay plus around $700 on airfare). Visa and wedding expenses can also add to the “price” of your French bride.
🇫🇷 Find French Wife Online
Step-by-step guide on how to get a French mail order bride
To find French brides and build a successful relationship, follow this straightforward algorithm:
- Choose an online dating platform. Consider expert and user reviews, pricing, feature set, and customer support experience before you select the one service or app you’ll use.
- Set up an attractive profile. You’ll need a high-quality photo or several and about half an hour to fill in all fields and write a short bio that will make French brides curious enough to respond to your messages.
- Search for your perfect match. Most dating platforms provide multiple means of getting matches, from search filters to swiping. I suggest you try all the available options and settle on the one you like best.
- Flirt with a few French brides at a time. Although the number of seductive French ladies on dating sites is astounding, I recommend you chat with two or three at a time. Otherwise, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and mix up your conversations, which most girls hate.
- Build a long-distance relationship. Once you find a French woman you find sexually attractive, smart, witty, and charming enough to become your future wife, keep chatting, set up virtual dates, exchange gifts, and let your relationship evolve until you’re ready to meet in person and propose.
To help you make the first steps of this process easier, I’ve hand-picked a few reputable dating platforms with gorgeous French brides.
Success stories with French mail order brides
I chatted with a few guys who met their French brides online to learn about their experiences, too. And here’s what they shared with me.
Chloe (26) met Paul (42) on BravoDate while applying for her MBA at NYU. Neither of them expected casual online flirting with transforming into anything serious, though their first meeting in person changed everything. They’ve been dating for over a year and are planning a wedding, though the couple had to consult an immigration attorney on dealing with Chloe’s student visa and adjustment of status. Still, Pual and Chloe don’t mind the legal challenges as long as they get their happy family life in the end.
Mark (47) and Elisa (36) found their perfect match in each other thanks to TheLuckyDate. They are both divorced with kids from previous marriages and zero illusions about married life. They have been dating for nearly three years, meeting every few months in Europe or America, as their busy schedules allow. They are considering moving in together and tying the knot, though Elisa is a little worried about uprooting her daughter’s life.
Is using MOB & dating sites to find and date women legal?
Yes, using mail order bride sites is legal in the US and France. There are no laws against international dating and marriage in either country. The only legal difficulties you might face deal with bringing your French bride to America, as you’ll either need to get married in France or secure a K-1 fiance visa for her, though I’ll get to that in a moment. However, that should not be a problem, considering 97 French brides received their fiance visas in 2022 alone.
How to bring a French wife to the USA?
French brides have no trouble entering the US to tie the knot, though, like all official procedures, securing a K-1 visa can be a lengthy process requiring endless patience. According to USCIS, it goes like this:
- File Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance. You can do it online or at the nearest USCIS office. It comes with a charge of $535 and a waiting period of several months.
- Receive a case number from a National Visa Center. You’ll receive a letter with the number once your form is processed.
- Get your French bride to apply for a visa. She can do it in an embassy or consulate. She’ll need to submit multiple documents, including Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, birth certificate, passport, and other papers, including evidence of relationship.
- Arrange your bride’s travels and shipping. You’ll need to get married within 90 days of her entering the US, so don’t postpone the wedding celebration.
After you’re married, your French wife can apply for a green card and her citizenship, though it may take a few years.
How to avoid a French mail order bride scam?
I realize you’re eager to meet French women and find your perfect match, but you should be aware of the troubles you may run into while seeking romantic relationships. Here are my top 3 most common scams you may come across when looking for French brides:
- Money requests. It’s the most common form of an online romance scam, as it’s the easiest one to pull off and requires no technical skill, only persistence and luck on the scammer’s part. They may use a real or a fake profile and keep up regular conversations, dropping subtle hints of their financial challenges. In the end, you’ll receive a tear-streaked request to lend money for a hospital stay or something equally benign. Whatever you do, do not send money, as you won’t get any of it back. Instead, block the user and report them to the dating site administration.
- Data mining. Con artists can deftly extract all the information they need in regular conversations without you noticing anything awry until it’s too late. For example, they may ask you to receive a payment for them, so they’ll need your bank account information to send it. Or they’ll ask for your full name and address to send you a gift. To avoid trouble, read up on what personal details should always remain personal and avoid people who try to get them out of you.
- Blackmail. You may receive spicy photos and get a request for intimate pictures or videos in return. While it may be part of a genuine courtship, in bad hands, your photos can lead to blackmail at the risk of them being posted online to ruin your reputation. So I don’t recommend sharing explicit materials until you are 100% sure of the person you’re flirting with.
Be vigilant and avoid these common schemes to ensure your online dating experience is pleasant and comfortable.