Dating Colombian Women: Step-by-Step Guide on How to Date Women from Colombia
|Popular cities||Bogota, Cali, Medellin|
|Average age of marriage||22.7 years old|
|Best dating site|
|How to win their heart||No stereotypes, be romantic, moderately show your masculinity|
Latin America is one of the most popular regions in the world when it comes to international dating. Colombia, in turn, is one of the most popular countries in South America in this regard—and there are lots of reasons for this. Colombian girls make perfect girlfriends and wives, and they really love dating foreigners. Here, we’ll tell you more about them.
🇨🇴 3 Best Dating Websites to Meet Colombian Women
What are Colombian women like?
- Colombian ladies are very feminine and emotional. This might be both a good and a bad thing—on the one hand, they might overthink quite often and be too “loud” sometimes, but on the other hand, they are very nurturing, soft, caring, and passionate.
- They are not into casual dating. Well, it’s possible to find a lot of Colombian girls interested in a casual relationship, but most of them are focused on something much more serious. It’s not that dating a Colombian should always lead to marriage, but in most cases, that’s how it works.
- Some might call Colombian women “easy”, but that’s definitely not true—impressing a Colombian woman takes a lot of effort.
- They are loyal to their partners. While it’s not that common for many Colombian men to be 100% faithful, women from this country typically don’t cheat on their husbands.
- They are not punctual at all. Well, that’s a very common thing in South America, unfortunately—these women often don’t show up in time, even if it’s the very first date. You can’t fix that; you should just get used to it, that’s all.
5 interesting facts about Colombian women
- An average Colombian girl is just gorgeous. This country always makes it to the lists of the top countries with the most beautiful women—and it’s not just words. It’s the combination of their natural beauty, physical attributes, character traits, passion, and of course, their sense of style that makes them so hot and desired.
- Colombian culture is pretty traditional regarding family and parenting. Here’s an example: In Colombia, only 13% of all households are single-parent households. In the United States, in their turn, this rate is much higher—it’s 23%. These women can be safely called “family-oriented”, they share traditional family values, and they have pretty conservative views regarding family and gender roles.
- They get married and have children quite early. The median mother’s age at first birth in Colombia is only 21.7 years old, and the mean age at first marriage is 22.7 years old for Colombian women.
- They are not that good at English. Unfortunately, meeting women from Colombia might be not that easy because of the language barrier. Only 4% of Colombians claim they speak English, so you’ll most likely need to learn Spanish to communicate with the ladies freely.
- The divorce rate is extremely low here. Basically, Colombia is one of the top countries with the lowest divorce rates right now—it’s only 9% (in the US, it’s 46%, for example).
How to meet a Colombian woman?
There are lots of stories about foreign men who just came to this country, were welcomed with open arms, started talking to local girls, and found a perfect match easily on the streets of Bogota or Cali. This might work, but there are 3 possible challenges you need to be aware of before you start dating Colombian ladies offline.
- I’s pretty expensive—a 1-week trip to this country will cost you at least $800-1,800 (tickets not included).
- It’s not that easy to “start talking” to women in Colombia. Only 4% of them speak English, so the language barrier is a problem you need to be aware of, too.
- Colombia isn’t the safest country in the world. Yes, it’s pretty safe if you follow all the safety rules, but approaching local women and trying to flirt with them freely can make negative consequences, too.
Online dating, in turn, is a much better choice for those interested in both short- and long-term relationships with a woman from Colombia. It’s much safer than offline dating, it’s cheaper (most sites will cost you $100-$200 per month), and it’s easier because most women who use international dating sites know English pretty well.
Process of dating Colombian woman online: All you need to know
Dating a Colombian woman online is quite easy, but there are still some important things you have to know. Here’s a step-by-step guide with some useful tips that will help you on the online stage of your relationship.
|Find a decent Colombian dating platform||It’s necessary to start your online dating story with finding a reputable dating website with Colombian women. You can do it yourself if you have a lot of free time—there are 10+ factors to pay attention to when choosing a good dating site, so this process might be a bit time-consuming for someone who has never done this before. Or you can read our expert reviews and limit your search to the top 5 or 10 Colombian dating platforms.|
|Buy premium subscription||It’s not necessary, actually—there are several Colombian dating sites that are free for both men and women. However, even these sites need to make money, so the absolute majority of them offer some kind of premium subscription that benefits the users who are ready to pay more. In some cases, it’s only premium users who can chat with Colombian women; in other cases, premium profiles are highlighted and ranked higher in the search results, which leads to more attention from ladies. But in all these cases, premium users get more than free members.|
|Create an attractive profile, find the Colombian ladies||It’s very important to make your dating profile stand out. Upload your best pictures and write a non-boring profile description that has at least several “hooks” (details that can be helpful for women writing their first messages to you). As for finding Colombian women on dating sites, here’s some good news for you: in most cases, the search tools are 100% free to use.|
|Use all the messaging and premium tools available||Most international dating websites with beautiful Colombian women offer several messaging tools, e.g., live chat and emails. Some of them, however, offer a much wider assortment of messaging services—the sites like ColombiaLady, for example, have voice and video call features. The absolute majority of online dating platforms have gift delivery features, too—all these tools and features will make your Colombian dating experience much more exciting and interesting.|
|Ask the girls you’re chatting with for a real-life date||Of course, it’s up to you whether to turn your relationship with a Colombian lady offline or stay online. What we need to say here is that if you have serious intentions or search for a bride online, you’ll certainly have to meet your partner in real life—and we recommend not wasting time here. Most Colombian women you’ll meet online are genuinely interested in real-life dates, so they would gladly agree to meet you in person after 1-2 months of online chatting.|
Do’s and don’ts of dating woman from Colombia
Now, let’s talk about the Colombian dating culture. What are the cultural differences you need to be aware of and how to date Colombian singles successfully? Here, you’ll find the most useful do’s and don’ts on dating a Colombian woman.
- Be respectful with her and her whole family. If her family doesn’t like you, it’s most likely a dealbreaker that just can’t be overlooked. The good news is that Colombians love Westerners and have no prejudice against them, so acting like a real gentleman and showing your respect will be enough.
- If you want to hug or kiss her in public, go for it. Colombians are totally ok with public displays of affection—they are absolutely not shy about showing off their love even if there are lots of people around them.
- Buy her small gifts and flowers. Such signs of appreciation in a relationship are very important for Colombian girls—it’s not about “gold-digging”, it’s about showing that you love your Colombian wife or girlfriend.
- Show chivalry. Tell her compliments, have good manners, treat her with respect, act like a real gentleman on the date and after that—that’s what these women appreciate most.
- Learn some Spanish. As we’ve said before, not all Colombian girls are fluent in English, so it’s very important that you could speak their language. Don’t worry about your accent, most of them will think that your English accent is cute and charming.
- Don’t stereotype them. Drugs, Pablo Escobar, dancing 24/7, paramilitares—mentioning all those stereotypes on first dates will most likely make your Colombian girlfriend angry. Even if some of them are true.
- Don’t split the bill after the date. Different countries have different unspoken rules regarding this—Western women, for example, would gladly split the bill on a date with you. Colombian girls, in turn, expect men to pay for the dates.
- Don’t be cold. Colombians are very positive people, they have a great sense of humor, they are very warm people, and they are typically very open and flirty even on first dates. If you act cold, this will most likely lead to certain problems and misunderstandings.
How to bring your Colombian girlfriend to the US?
You can bring a Colombian woman to the United States if you want to. There are a few ways you can go—she can enter the country on a tourist visa, you can marry her in Colombia and bring her to the US on a CR-1 visa, or you can propose to her and bring her to the US on a K-1 visa with an intent to get married after that. The latter is the most common type of visa when it comes to international relationships. Here’s how to get a K-1 visa for your Colombian woman.
- First, you’ll need to file Form I-129F—you’ll have to attach such documents as evidence of having met in person (hotel and flight itineraries, photos, etc.) and statements with an intent to marry within 90 days of your bride’s arrival in the US.
- Then, your partner will have to file Form DS-160—it’s the visa application.
- After that, she’ll need to attend the visa interview—she’ll have to answer questions about your relationship to prove it’s bona fide.
- Then, she’ll be able to arrive in the US—you’ll have to get married in 90 days after her arrival.
After arriving and getting married, she’ll be able to apply for a green card, and in 3 years, she’ll be able to become a US citizen.
Dating a Colombian woman is certainly a good idea—these women are perfect wife material, they are incredibly beautiful, and they are very fun, so you’ll never get bored with them. It’s also easy to meet Colombian singles online—just choose a dating site, sign up, and start chatting with them, that’s all.
F.A.Q. about dating Colombian women
There are lots of dating services where you can meet a Colombian girl, but the best one is obviously La-Date. This dating platform is extremely popular, it has hundreds of thousands unique monthly users, convenient live chat, thousands of ID-verified profiles, and a nice welcome offer for new users.
Yes, they do. Colombian dating culture is influenced by patriarchal values that are still common in Colombian society—in short, this means that modern Colombian ladies often can’t get enough respect and love from their local boyfriends. Consequently, lots of these women believe American men are more respectful and caring than Colombian guys.
Modern family values combined with traditional views on gender roles, awesome Colombian food, a lot of respect, loyalty, passion, and of course, the hottest woman in the neighborhood. Dating a Colombian girl is a good idea, but marrying her is probably the best choice you’ll ever make!